Author Topic: Anyone have experience with fixing a Sega Master System?  (Read 5584 times)

tpugmire

Re: Anyone have experience with fixing a Sega Master System?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:33:38 am »
There's a bunch on ebay as well.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 03:03:10 pm »
Look for swollen or leaking caps on the board.

Brown stuff might be old solder flux.

Take an old toothbrush with some baking soda and water and scrub the board down.

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 02:15:37 pm »
Howd it turn out?  The voltage regulator do the trick??

jobocan

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »
I don't really want to try my hand at soldering on my own, but a friend is coming by tomorrow and I'll force him to help me out :P

jobocan

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 09:15:46 pm »
It worked! Now to get games for it that don't suck (well, Hang-on is fine, but the rest I have? meh).

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »
Sweet good job man!!! Did you try soldering? You should try Fantasy Zone, the Alex kid games, the wonder boy games, golden axe warrior, and phantasy star. Those are my favorites. Double dragon and rampage aren't bad either.

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 12:11:56 am »
I didn't solder myself, but my friend did give me a good explanation of to how to do it, so I'll be able to do it if I ever have anything else to fix. Thanks for the game suggestions, I'll try to find those someday (buying SMS games online is a bit pricy, so I'll hope to find some on my various Flea Market trips I'm planning soon).

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 02:09:10 am »
To add to dccloth's list of SMS games I recommend R-Type, SpellCaster and Ys.

Also the SMS is region free so you have the entire European library to choose from as well.

psydswipe

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 09:26:38 am »
My favorites on the SMS are Wonder Boy in Monster Land and Shinobi. For the Phaser I enjoy Gangster Town and Shooting Gallery. The system also has good versions of Double Dragon, Choplifter, and Monopoly.