Author Topic: could anyone tell me why this got so high??  (Read 1811 times)

could anyone tell me why this got so high??
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:32:02 pm »
i was bidding on this cause theres only like 2 games in this collection i don't own but once it hit the 300 mark i was like wtf?? almost every game in there is like a 1 to 5 dollar game, maybe theres a few more pricey but not where i see that beeing worth it.... am I missing something?
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

theflea

Re: could anyone tell me why this got so high??
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:55:51 pm »
Who ever is buying these games is paying about 3.39 a game. Not a bad price if you found them in the wild. Could be a reseller that's gonna turn around and sell them at $5-10 each.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »
understandable but usually when ya see lots you see some pricey games thrown in and still only gets 2 dollars a game.anyway damn man you got a lot of games.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

darko

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:17:42 am »
I would NEVER pay that much for this lot. 99% are commons that most collectors (unless going for a complete set) could care less about unless they found it for $1.00 at a garage sale or something. My guess is that there were two people bidding it up in order to start an NES collection...and they really don't know what they're doing yet.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 12:46:43 am »
One word RESELLERS

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:04:06 am »
They actually paid closer to $4.00 per game. The shipping was almost $40 and there were a few dupes (not many for a lot this size). Most of these should go for about $1.

I agree with the people saying there were two people bidding it up to start a collection not knowing what they were doing. I don't think resellers would pay these prices. Where's the profit?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 04:36:54 am »
it ended at $460 and can help to think of what dumb a$$ would pay this?

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 09:01:52 pm »
I've noticed that most of the game lots are going for more money than usual. I think lots are better deals than buying single games in most cases. NES games seem to go for the most money.

theflea

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:59:55 am »
understandable but usually when ya see lots you see some pricey games thrown in and still only gets 2 dollars a game.anyway damn man you got a lot of games.

lol, Ya I've been a video game collector for years. sense the late 80's. Back then People used to make fun of me saying "old video games where never going to be worth anything, your wasting your time and money" Now there's so many collectors out there its crazy. I am glad to see people enjoying the classic games that i do. And I love talking to people about game playing/collecting.
I used to just collect North American Games/systems but in the last few years I've been branching out to Japanese and European systems. Good luck with your game hunting. The Fun is in the hunt.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:01 pm »
Chronic or purple kush, is my guess.  :P