Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei  (Read 13438 times)

scott

Re: Shin Megami Tensei
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2012, 01:11:54 pm »
So before I make myself look like a fool by added  the PSP Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin's soundtrack bundle to the database. What it released with and without the soundtrack? If not, then we need to fix the current listing. If so, then I need to add a new one for my bundle.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2012, 12:16:05 pm »
I know this might be a little mean, but... who the heck put that Persona 5 artwork up?  I have a small feeling that it isn't official... http://vgcollect.com/item/18500

As for the comment a couple weeks ago (go me necroing), I think people were just so excited that they could make sure the AI isn't doing stupid mistakes so much that they were blinded by how much was taken out... I haven't personally tried P3P yet, and I also found the AI in P3 *mostly* alright (Marin Karin's aside), so I have a feeling that I'll find the PSP version a bit... lacking, as well.  At least you can date the guys, though?
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2012, 12:28:58 pm »
Yeah...and I see that the entry for Persona 5 was submitted in November of 2011...talk about pre-mature 'e'-speculation  ;)

Anyhow, I forget what topic it came up in, but a few of us seemed to agree that games that have not even been given an NA confirmation and/or release date - just shouldn't be listed.

I also noticed the "Dragon Age III" PS3 entry in the database  :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:59 am »
I also noticed the "Dragon Age III" PS3 entry in the database  :-\

Hm, interesting that that entry was created by the same person would put up P5... That prelim cover is pretty hilarious.  There's so much fanart out there - why that one?

Also, someone is claiming they already own DAIII?  *scratches head*
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2012, 08:14:10 am »
So before I make myself look like a fool by added  the PSP Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin's soundtrack bundle to the database. What it released with and without the soundtrack? If not, then we need to fix the current listing. If so, then I need to add a new one for my bundle.

Anyone?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2012, 10:04:22 am »

Anyone?

I *Believe* that the "standard" version came w/ the soundtrack.

I'm *Pretty* sure - but *NOT* 100% sure...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2012, 12:30:34 pm »
Yeah, when I bought it, it was packaged with the soundtrack.  The Atlus website claims that all launch copies will come with the soundtrack, so I don't know if they've sold enough to warrant another printing yet.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »
Well in that case, when I get home I'm scanning the proper art into the database.

desocietas

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2012, 12:46:34 pm »
Looks great!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 03:54:10 pm »
I was thinking about this the other day, after playing P4 Arena. I would love to see Persona 5 be about Elizabeth searching for a way to save P3's Main Character. Make it happen Atlus!

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »
I was thinking about this the other day, after playing P4 Arena. I would love to see Persona 5 be about Elizabeth searching for a way to save P3's Main Character. Make it happen Atlus!

Part of me would love an RPG focused around the P3/P4 characters coming together, but on the other hand, I'd hate to see them take the Final Fantasy XIII route and just milk the series into oblivion. I'm ready for a new cast :)

scott

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2013, 04:18:10 pm »
My thing is, I'd love to see a game centered on her and her journey. But involving new player characters.

desocietas

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 05:25:01 pm »
Since we've been discussing SMT in the recently purchased thread, I figure we should bring the topic over here...

debating on cancelling SMT: Soul Hackers...

Blasphemy! Low print run on a game that's been held back from US release for over a decade, plus a soundtrack CD? Pre-orders don't get much more mandatory than that :)

True, and I've never played a legit SMT game before. So I guess this would be my cheapest option. haha
Ha, well, I guess it also depends on what we consider a "legit SMT game."  I mean, you've played Persona 3 and 4.
Oh I meant main series. I get the impression that Persona 3 and 4 are far and away different from main series SMT games. Then again I don't really know.

Ah yeah, the main series is kinda split up strangely.  There's the Megami Tensei stuff, then there's a few Shin Megami Tensei items, which includes Nocturne and Strange Journey, and then there's all the Digital Devil saga, Devil Summoner, and Persona stuff.

I don't honestly think all the SMT stuff are all that different from each other, especially when you just look at the demon/persona mythology stuff.  I mean, Jack Frost is in all of the stuff I've already listed.

But when you look at the high school sim of Persona 3 and the futuristic story of DDS, it can look pretty different...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas