Author Topic: Famicom NES converters  (Read 3630 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Famicom NES converters
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 11:58:33 am »
I almost bought a HoneyBee the other day.  I just didn't know what a good price for one would be.  It was boxed for $26, I think.  It was between $25-$30.  I probably should have pulled the trigger, but just didn't.
Just out of curiosity, what does a converter like that go for?

scott

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:23 pm »
I looked into Famicom to NES converters before I decided to look into Gyromite carts. And I think they were like $40-50 bucks? I might have been looking in the wrong places though. For $2 for a Gyromite cart, I figured I could make my own for way less.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 03:45:42 pm »
I got one just cause I could. I really dont need it. I can probably ship it to ya.

tpugmire

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »
I looked into Famicom to NES converters before I decided to look into Gyromite carts. And I think they were like $40-50 bucks? I might have been looking in the wrong places though. For $2 for a Gyromite cart, I figured I could make my own for way less.

I was thinking the same thing. Only problem is that I've never actually seen a Gyromite cart in person, much less one with a converter inside. If you come across another, let me know.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:29:04 pm »
Ha Kk.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 12:07:34 am »
I got one just cause I could. I really dont need it. I can probably ship it to ya.

Yeah, they seem to pop up quite frequently in OKC for some reason. I could probably pick one up for someone this weekend if they need it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 11:34:59 am »
I just wanted one for the sake of having it. I don't plan on playing any imports.

soera

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 12:25:55 pm »
Heh thats the only reason I have one. I happened to find one for $3 and went ahead and grabbed it. I went looking yesterday and didnt find one but Im sure Ill find another soon again.