Author Topic: Next Xbox to require Kinect connection  (Read 1316 times)

htimreimer

Next Xbox to require Kinect connection
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »
i'm not sure if this leak (or rumour) of is a good thing or a bad thing but it is more gimmicky then the wii u tablet: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/report-next-xbox-to-require-kinect-connection-game-installs/

sin2beta

Re: Next Xbox to require Kinect connection
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:22:32 pm »
I would tend to believe this. What it says to me is that kinect will be a standard input device. Doesn't mean that you will HAVE to use it. But you can speak commands if you want. I think, as an input device, it will let users interrupt their current game and such. This could be why it is required.

Given the "success" of the kinect, I doubt they would be pushing it too much. We hopefully will know more in 8+ days whenever Microsoft decides to talk.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:20:19 am »
as a gamer, the one problem i have with the kinect being require is that it could attract more casual game shovelware then triple-a games which was the problem wii

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:23 am »
as a gamer, the one problem i have with the kinect being require is that it could attract more casual game shovelware then triple-a games which was the problem wii

That's possible. But I think the casual market would first have to adopt the xbox. The games probably won't come in any massive quantity before the customers. The casual shovelware for the wii came because of the massive sales and market.

I would think the initial price tag will probably keep the causal market away.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:14:51 am »

That's possible. But I think the casual market would first have to adopt the xbox. The games probably won't come in any massive quantity before the customers. The casual shovelware for the wii came because of the massive sales and market.

I would think the initial price tag will probably keep the causal market away.
your right it will be about the initial price tag but i think casual market is what microsoft is going for,look at how they simplified UI and how mush they push the kinect at launch as something for the family also there's reports of a "xbox set top box" as a low cost alternative

insektmute

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 12:43:55 pm »
All I can say is, "lol kinect."

I still think Microsoft's strategy is to try and sell this thing as an all-in-one home entertainment thing, not just a game system, and they'll probably offer differing models at a couple different price points in order to try and gain traction in the market quickly. A combination of the PS3 approach (loads of new, unique features) and the Nintendo approach (lean on your fanbase for early adoption and word-of-mouth marketing).