Author Topic: Brutal Legend or Rhythm Heaven $3 with free store pickup  (Read 3365 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Brutal Legend or Rhythm Heaven $3 with free store pickup
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »
PS3! :) And yes, the Brutal Legend game.

@Soera -

Don't be dismayed by Desocietas' bad tidings!

I have an extra (PS3) Brutal-Legend C.I.B. / Never-used; even :)

...and, it apparently has your name all-over it  :o

Consider it an X-Mas present and/or a "pay-it-forward" game...PM me your address & I'll send it out to ya' tomorrow  ;)

*ONLY* "Condition" = that you *PLAY* it & let me know what ya' think of it...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 09:47:01 am »
PS3! :) And yes, the Brutal Legend game.

@Soera -

Don't be dismayed by Desocietas' bad tidings!

I have an extra (PS3) Brutal-Legend C.I.B. / Never-used; even :)

...and, it apparently has your name all-over it  :o

Consider it an X-Mas present and/or a "pay-it-forward" game...PM me your address & I'll send it out to ya' tomorrow  ;)

*ONLY* "Condition" = that you *PLAY* it & let me know what ya' think of it...

Heh cool. My first Christmas gift this year. :) Thanks!!!

ziondood

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 08:55:18 pm »
Went in with my girlfriend and she got a copy of Rhythm Heaven last week! Thanks for the heads up :D

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09:53 pm »
Went in with my girlfriend and she got a copy of Rhythm Heaven last week! Thanks for the heads up :D

Sweet!  It doesn't even show up on BB's site anymore, so I'm glad the stores still had some available for your gf.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

theprestige2000

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:45 pm »
If you are reading this and you haven't played it, you need to go get Brutal Legend.  Unless you hate Jack Black and/or metal... even then go buy it.  It's the price of a fancy Starbucks latte thingy.  It's a shame the BS they had to go through to get this game shipped because it really is fantastic.  I can't overstate how much of a bargain $4.99 for this game is.

soera

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »
The game really is pretty neat. :D

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 12:00:16 am »
Unless you hate Jack Black and/or metal... even then go buy it.

How dare anyone hate metal?!?!?

Actually, Jack Black is excellent in this game. His own performance is really good, but like his character in the game, he takes a backseat and lets all the other voice talents shine. You got Lemmy, Rob Halford and Ozzy all having great performances too.

theprestige2000

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 09:23:34 am »
I was actually talking to another gamer about this just last week.  We were talking about games that really grab you right out of the gate.  As an older player I tend to be a bit jaded and games have less of a visceral impact on me than they did when I was young.  However Brutal Legend was the exception.

The live video intro with Jack going into the record store just lets you know that this game is going to be different.  Then you get to play with the album cover menu.  The best part for me is when Eddie is first transported to the metal realm and he's about to pick up the ax for the first time.  There's this riff in the background.  "Hey that sort of sounds like Black Sabbath... is that the riff from Children of the Damned?"  Then Eddy picks up the ax and the riff seamlessly blasts forth into the full song!  Eddie begins dismembering unholy zealots.  "Yes! HOLY F*CK YES!" Goosebumps. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:56 pm »
I was actually talking to another gamer about this just last week.  We were talking about games that really grab you right out of the gate.  As an older player I tend to be a bit jaded and games have less of a visceral impact on me than they did when I was young.  However Brutal Legend was the exception.

The live video intro with Jack going into the record store just lets you know that this game is going to be different.  Then you get to play with the album cover menu.  The best part for me is when Eddie is first transported to the metal realm and he's about to pick up the ax for the first time.  There's this riff in the background.  "Hey that sort of sounds like Black Sabbath... is that the riff from Children of the Damned?"  Then Eddy picks up the ax and the riff seamlessly blasts forth into the full song!  Eddie begins dismembering unholy zealots.  "Yes! HOLY F*CK YES!" Goosebumps. :)

I was right there with you. The game was awesome. I was pulled in from the demo, then just had to go get it. I love all the metal references in it, too. It really does help to be a metal fan to enjoy this game, though.