Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 910 times)

A few suggestions
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:06:48 pm »
First off, a huge thanks to everyone involved with this site! I had been cataloguing my games in an Excel spreadsheet, but that began to get tedious, and it wasn’t very good looking. I think you’ve created a very user friendly and effective site here, and I plan to continue using it for some time. I finally finished adding my collection, and through that process I have a few suggestions. Sorry if these have already been made by others.

1) Submissions / Edits
While adding my collection I’ve had to make a few database entries, which has was very easy, so I was happy to do so. On a couple occasions I realized after hitting ‘submit’ that I made an error. I chose to edit the titles once I realized this, but now those changes have to be approved by an admin. I’m wondering if you could add a short grace period (5 or 10 minutes) where we could go back and edit our own submissions.

2) Sorting
Since the database contains information such as ‘rating and ‘release date’ could there be a way to sort my collection by those fields?

3) Export
I love that we can export to a CSV file, as I like to have an offline copy. I would really like to see the exported file contain more database info, such as release date?

4) Score
This would probably only be relevant to modern games, but would it be possible to link up with Metacritic or GameRankings to show a game’s score?

All these suggestions are pretty minor, and I’m more than happy with the site in its current state. Keep up the good work.

desocietas

Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
Ditto on suggestion 1!  All the suggestions are good, actually.  I'm also very fond of Metacritic.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:36:28 pm »
You know, that's not a bad idea at all.  There has been quite a few times that I've been approving edits and I have to stop and research what is being changed because I'm not familiar with that particular item.  Might be hard to implement though?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »
It just occurred to me that I got a message when logging on about a bunch of approved stuff, and yet I didn't see the artwork I uploaded for Harm's Way [XBLA]. My suggestion is for a way to go back and see that history of what was accepted and denied because I wanted to go back and see if I read it incorrectly and some of my stuff did get denied.