Author Topic: Good price for a Samsung GX TV?  (Read 9527 times)

Re: Good price for a Samsung GX TV?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 03:07:51 pm »
@brettybluevein It's still on there so I doubt anyone needs it for $50.00. It's cool but for $50.00 you could buy something much nicer/bigger. I have a 27" Sony flat screen tube tvl that I've had for years (bought it new). It's supposedly one of the best tube TVs ever made. I saw one of them go for $40 not too long ago on CL.

I've probably got the very same 27 inch sony that you do, the Silver Trinitron with the buttons on top? I was just interested in the GX TV as a collector's piece, but at the same time, I don't make stupid buys just for the sake of doing it....which is why he still has his TV ;) . I offered him $30 and he goes "oh nooo, this is worth 50 easy...I've been getting offers from all over the state". Okay buddy...

BTW, I love that Sony TV, my parents got it for me in college and it has an amazing picture!

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

darko

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 03:36:35 pm »

I've probably got the very same 27 inch sony that you do, the Silver Trinitron with the buttons on top? I was just interested in the GX TV as a collector's piece, but at the same time, I don't make stupid buys just for the sake of doing it....which is why he still has his TV ;) . I offered him $30 and he goes "oh nooo, this is worth 50 easy...I've been getting offers from all over the state". Okay buddy...

BTW, I love that Sony TV, my parents got it for me in college and it has an amazing picture!

I got mine in college too. It's a Wega Trinitron Flat Panel blah blah blah. Mine doesn't have buttons on top though. It's got a door below the screen that hides everything and speakers on the sides. They made a few different models at the same time with practically identical specs. It's probably extremely similar. I love mine too. Sometimes I wish it was slightly bigger but I like the fact that I can still move the thing by myself if I have to. A 32" version of the same thing would be HEAVY.

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 04:10:51 pm »
@darko I used to have the 32 inch version that was HD, bought it after the first one, and while it had an even better picture (capable of 1080i with a DVI connection) it was so f*%king heavy that when I moved places, I'd pay my friends to move that TV. I sold it last year for $80 bucks cause I just didn't feel like messing with it anymore. Thing was like 2 1/2 feet deep too. The 27 inch is ideal.

BTW, you gotta come play some pinball sometime, I need a gaming buddy!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

darko

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 04:19:45 pm »
@brettybluevein Yeah, when I have some free time! I need someone to game with too. None of my friends in OKC are into gaming.

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 09:13:52 pm »
@brettybluevein Yeah, when I have some free time! I need someone to game with too. None of my friends in OKC are into gaming.

Boo... thank goodness for the internet :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas