Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Films  (Read 2225 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Favorite Childhood Films
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 03:30:00 pm »
Alot of the movies i see here ive seen. A few i picked out are

Ferris Bueller
Back to the Future
Terminator
Indiana Jones
Beverly hills Cop
Blade Runner
Mad Max

And i think ive seen all movies those days.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 08:08:17 pm »
Forgot about the Mad Max movies, loved those too, and I would have listed Terminator myself but I didn't see it until many years later so I can't really consider it a "childhood" film even though I was a kid when it came out and although I love it and think it's a classic.

One that I never really cared for even though it's considered a cult classic is Blade Runner. I love Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott but this movie just never did anything for me.

argyle

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 03:38:35 pm »
Forgot about the Mad Max movies, loved those too, and I would have listed Terminator myself but I didn't see it until many years later so I can't really consider it a "childhood" film even though I was a kid when it came out and although I love it and think it's a classic.

One that I never really cared for even though it's considered a cult classic is Blade Runner. I love Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott but this movie just never did anything for me.

I know this is said all the time for lots of movies, but...the book is SO much better. It's a very short novel called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick. A highly recommended read.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

pacpix

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:43 pm »

I know this is said all the time for lots of movies, but...the book is SO much better. It's a very short novel called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick. A highly recommended read.

I would have to disagree a bit there.  Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is a great book, but I thought Blade Runner, despite straying very far from the source material, was better.  It dethroned Ghostbusters as my favorite movie.

Regardless I still agree with the book recommendation though, it has a different enough tone/story to it that you can dislike the movie and still enjoy the book.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)