Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 83091 times)

urbanchaos

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »
@urbanchaos Congrats! Bad Fur Day is excellent. Gregg the Grim Reaper  could possibly be one of my all time favorite characters.

He's great ! :D

And I also decided to follow the advice of many people on the board and not sending my Factory Sealed french Canadian Kirby's Adventure to VGA, but buying two of those instead.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150642039673?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

@amauriel congrats on the yellow Pokemon Game Boy Color! Always wanted to have one of those!

scott

« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2011, 09:40:57 pm »
I bought a pack of 10 of those, 10 SNES ones and 10 Game Boy ones from that guy. I'm pleased wtih them, for sure. I have my Factory Sealed Castlevania - Classic NES Series box in one of them and it's really nice. if you wanted, you could get some clear stickers or invisible tape and seal the protector.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2011, 10:28:20 am »
Just ordered the Fallout 3 - Collector's Edition for PC for my collection. Been wanting it for awhile now, and today it was Amazon's Deal of the Day. This will go nicely alongside my Fallout: New Vegas - Collector's Edition. I'm not sure if I want to crack it open and display the bobblehead, or leave it sealed...

desocietas

« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2011, 01:57:14 pm »
Just ordered the Fallout 3 - Collector's Edition for PC for my collection. Been wanting it for awhile now, and today it was Amazon's Deal of the Day. This will go nicely alongside my Fallout: New Vegas - Collector's Edition. I'm not sure if I want to crack it open and display the bobblehead, or leave it sealed...

Very tempting just for the goodies... I liked the first Fallout, but the first-person aspect intimidates me.  I'm fine with third-person sometimes, but I'm no good at shooters :\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2011, 02:45:02 pm »
I liked the first Fallout, but the first-person aspect intimidates me.

@desocietas, that's the nice thing about Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Remember in the 1st Fallout, you could target specific body parts such as the head, eyes, arm, etc etc. In Fallout 3, they have VATS, which is basically the same thing, so you almost never need to play like it's a FPS. Actually I play Fallout 3 and NV in VATS almost exclusively.

desocietas

« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
dang... all the more tempting!
i just bought two games from amazon a few minutes ago, too...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2011, 03:54:41 pm »

Catwoman.

Oh yes.

scott

« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2011, 10:25:37 pm »
@desocietas btw, Fallout New Vegas has a bit more of the same feel as Fallout 1 and 2. Possibly because you are dealing with the NCR and are near California. But then again Fallout 3 is exploring Washington D.C. area and full of awesome while oozing patriotism. ha

madmax

« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2011, 03:02:07 pm »
Just won this on ebay. Can't wait to receive it :D

scott

« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:31 pm »
@madmax awesome, congrats! I still have mine, it's possibly one of my favorite complete items. Only my copy has a retail price sticker on the front of the box. :(

madmax

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2011, 03:10:52 pm »
I can't wait to get it. I'll have every game in the original series released on console (waiting for FF14 on PS3).

(Still need FFIII on snes, I have 6 on SF only. )

scott

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2011, 03:15:43 pm »
I was actually tempted to load it up last week on my 360 and play it again. Not sure if I am going to or not, ha.

jobocan

« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2011, 06:56:11 pm »
After being pissed that my pre-order wasn't shipping from amazon.ca, I finally went and picked up Kirby's Return to Dreamland from Best Buy. Can't wait to play it!

I'm not ordering from amazon.ca for a while, they've just been terrible recently. My last 5 orders with them shipped way late, so I just cancelled them all and bought them elsewhere.

scott

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2011, 08:03:29 pm »
hey jobocan "what's the website for amazon.ca?"

ha, anyway. That's strange, cause I've never had a problem with preorders from amazon.com.

jobocan

« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2011, 10:27:24 pm »
hey jobocan "what's the website for amazon.ca?"

ha, anyway. That's strange, cause I've never had a problem with preorders from amazon.com.

Scott Pilgrim reference, how 2010 of you :P

Well, thing is amazon.ca and amazon.com are pretty much unrelated as far as management and suppliers go, they might as well be completely different websites. You see that in the fact that amazon.ca almost never gets any of the pre-order bonuses from amazon.com, and NEVER gets any of the badass awesome sells from amazon.com. Basically what we get in canada is a watered down version of amazon.com.