Author Topic: Launch bundles - style guide?  (Read 909 times)

desocietas

Launch bundles - style guide?
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:40:22 am »
Hey all,

I couldn't recall if this has been brought up or not, but I was wondering how launch bundles should be entered.  Things like The Last Story, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Radiant Historia had pack-ins with all launch copies, and then subsequent prints are sold game-only.

I wasn't sure if we add on something to the title or not, like how we do with other limited edition bundles.  And if we do add something, do we call it "launch bundle"?  "Music CD bundle"?

Just wanted to throw it out there because I've been thinking about it for a bit.  Thanks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

Re: Launch bundles - style guide?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »
My Radiant historia has exactly that : Music CD bundle. I dont know about the others or what they come with. I think my Ys has the same thing.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:08 pm »
In general, I lean toward simply saying (w/ soundtrack CD and artbook) or something if it only includes only a couple things, listing it as a bundle or "pre-order edition" or something only if there's a whole mess of stuff.

The only spot I get a little uncertain is with games where I'm not 100% on whether the extras are typically included or not, like the artbook that came with my copy of Eternal Poison, or the box set releases of Persona and Persona 2 on PSP.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:49:55 pm »
The only spot I get a little uncertain is with games where I'm not 100% on whether the extras are typically included or not, like the artbook that came with my copy of Eternal Poison

Yeah, I have Eternal Poison (along w/ that art book & the CD), too...

Like you, I'd also just note the art book & CD in the comments/notes section - and then, I guess, I'd just list 'em under "Swag".

Same thing that I do with my "Giclees" - I mean...they're obviously *not* games -but- they are (IMHO) certainly VERY gaming-related, some of my personal favorite pieces of my collection, and (since they're ~the cost of a console/double the cost of some hand-helds)...I'd REALLY be unhappy if there was no relevant place to list such things  8)

Eh...just one (of the many) reasons why I love this site  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:39:30 pm »
Well the point of the description field is for listing pack ins and such. I would think the only time we'd need make a notation on the title as to what "edition" it is, would be if it was a reprint that didn't include all the swag.

I think it's different than you standard collector's editions, in that, each copy came with the free stuff. Unlike things like Skyrim which had the standard edition and a spendy CE that you had the option of buying.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 04:41:39 pm »
Or, we can do away with noting differences. And just put in the description that launch titles came with such and such. Since I doubt they are different item numbers (I could be wrong though).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:12:35 pm »
Some do have different item numbers. It depends on the game, of course.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:38 pm »
Currently, we have both solutions going on, with The Last Story listing its soundtrack separately.

I guess I thought it was important usually when the packaging is different, as will be the case with EOIV.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:08 pm »
Now that you mention it, situations where packaging is different (Last Story, EOIV, etc) might make the most sense. That's how I tend to sort my collection at home too, with any loose pre-order extras generally stored separate from the games themselves.