Author Topic: Best Video Game Commercials  (Read 3063 times)

brunauss

Re: Best Video Game Commercials
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »
Let's face it half of collecting games is nostalgia. What's more nostalgic than watching the old commercials? Well, a lot of things... but let's see you favorite video game commercials anyways.

Here is mine. It was commercials like this that made me want a Genesis instead of Nintendo. I was 8 at the time and this commercial is perfect for an 8 year old boy.

"Genesis does. What Nintedon't."
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 05:57:34 pm »
talking with my uncle today and being the big Evil Dead fan he is reminded me of this commercial

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 06:03:00 pm »
That is by far the best part of the game.

Because it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. :(

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 06:13:00 pm »
That is by far the best part of the game.

Because it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. :(

yeah... and the one-liner button

sin2beta

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 08:27:47 pm »
I don't think I have ever seen the Evil Dead commercial. That was good. Of course, anything with Bruce Campbell is good.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

brunauss

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 03:34:40 am »
talking with my uncle today and being the big Evil Dead fan he is reminded me of this commercial

Dreamcast games were among the coolest.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 04:25:07 am »
I'm having trouble with youtube this fine morning, and nostalgia may have clouded my memory, but the PS1 commercials with Crash Bandicoot outside of the Nintendo offices cracked me up when I was a kid.
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

brunauss

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 07:12:44 am »
I'm having trouble with youtube this fine morning, and nostalgia may have clouded my memory, but the PS1 commercials with Crash Bandicoot outside of the Nintendo offices cracked me up when I was a kid.

They were relevant to what was going on with Nintendo internally. Sony was absolutely stoked about the potential of the CD-ROM and the chance to develop the drive system for the new Nintendo 64 (Ultra 64). But then Nintendo pulled out of the deal. Keep in mind Squaresoft was counting on this as well and frankly was pissed at the change of direction technologically. So once the PlayStation launched, they did a bit of creative venting. Squaresoft got their turn to vent and rub Nintendo's face in it when launching the add capaign for Final Fantasy VII.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

sin2beta

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 11:00:35 am »

Crash had an interesting run in advertisements. After Sony, crash had an exclusive on XBox. During this time, Sony stated that Crash was never their mascot. However, that commercial with Crash outside Nintendo was rubbed back in their faces by several publications.

Now we just need Bungie to leave Microsoft and Rare to leave Nintendo for the darling child swapping to be complete...  ::)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c