Author Topic: name a fad  (Read 1373 times)

htimreimer

name a fad
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:01 am »
name something that you think is a fad whether it's music,movies,video games,tech or whatever and will the fad go away

smartphone/tablet fad aka the app bubble, out of all fads that are going on now a days, this is the one that scares me the most, everyone is making a smartphone,tablet or app and it can only going on for so long before the gold rush ends and the whole smartphone/tablet thing is reminding me a lot of the dot-com bubble of the 90s only worse and that scares me to death
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:09:50 am by htimreimer »

matt

Re: name a fad
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:14 am »
name something that you think is a fad whether it's music,movies,video games,tech or whatever and will the fad go away

smartphone/tablet fad aka the app bubble, out of all fads that are going on now a days, this is the one that scares me the most, everyone is making a smartphone,tablet or app and it can only going on for so long before the gold rush ends and the whole smartphone/tablet thing is reminding me a lot of the dot-com bubble of the 90s only worse and that scares me to death

I think the app gold rush is pretty much over. The only apps I tend to use now is a web browser and reddit is fun. I'll check out the occasional game but other than that, they really don't interest me. It's hard to call that a fad though because I don't think they'll go away.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »

I think the app gold rush is pretty much over. The only apps I tend to use now is a web browser and reddit is fun. I'll check out the occasional game but other than that, they really don't interest me. It's hard to call that a fad though because I don't think they'll go away.
when the app bubble pops, business struggle and some will die, when that's going on, smartphone/tablets will quietly become the norm and people stop talking about it, just like the internet and the dot-com bubble.

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »
Beiber ... a fad that needs to die!

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »

He secretly loves Beiber. He acts against him, as a cover. He has a ton of memorabilia stacked in a closet next to he Dragon Quest loot.  :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:09:01 pm »
beiber fad is dying, he has already made bad decisions in he's singing career and now he smoking so much weed that he's is fainting on stage, none of this is good and its only down hill if he continues on this path

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:30 pm »
beiber fad is dying, he has already made bad decisions in he's singing career and now he smoking so much weed that he's is fainting on stage, none of this is good and its only down hill if he continues on this path

I smoke a lot of weed, and I have never smoked enough to pass out.

Let me clarify, I've smoked enough to fall asleep. But getting sleepy and falling asleep, and passing out on stage are 2 entirely different things.

There's got to be more going on there than just weed.

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 01:29:12 am »

Let me clarify, I've smoked enough to fall asleep. But getting sleepy and falling asleep, and passing out on stage are 2 entirely different things.

thats what he or he's record label said it was, apparently it caused he's blood pressure to go out of whack but i dont know the side effects of weed, so it could drugs for all i know

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:02:58 pm »

thats what he or he's record label said it was, apparently it caused he's blood pressure to go out of whack but i dont know the side effects of weed, so it could drugs for all i know

It does raise your metabolism, that's what gives you the munchies. So if metabolism is related to blood pressure (not sure if it is or not), then I guess it's a viable explanation.

darko

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 05:57:08 pm »
If you mix it with alcohol it can jack with your blood pressure.

Add that to the fact that he probably eats very little and you have a recipe for some passing out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »
If you mix it with alcohol it can jack with your blood pressure.

Done that plenty of times, too. Never had a problem with it. Just don't smoke when you're really drunk, then it gives you the spins. (I don't drink so much anymore, though.)

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 04:04:59 pm »
Furby..... and Furby