Author Topic: As Capcom Continues To Die And Who Do You Want To Get There IP's  (Read 3468 times)

bobster

Re: As Capcom Continues To Die And Who Do You Want To Get There IP's
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 09:19:54 am »
Everything to Atlus. I for one would welcome our new game company overlords.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 09:31:45 am »
If Atlus took on all those franchises, it would kill off most of the great ones they already have now.

I would agree on GnG going to Konami. It just seems fitting.
Breath of Fire to Sony - yes please
I cant even begin to imagine where Mega man would go as long as its not Microsoft or EA, it would be fine.
Resident Evil is one I would love see go to Sony.
Street fighter needs to go to Netherrealm (the guys that do MK) and get the MK vs SF thing going.

The rest of the ones listed can fall off and go away forever as far as I care.

argyle

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 09:48:30 am »
If this HAD to happen, I'd say Mega Man to Ubi-Soft - let the Rayman guys give it a go.  And Street Fighter to Arc System Works.  AKA the only other dev making good 2D fighters these days. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 10:59:49 am »
Nintendo.  They desperately need core experiences for the Wii U and western devs have all but abandoned the platform.  If Nintendo could lock up exclusivity with Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising and other franchises like that, it would really help them with the drought of games they're going through.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 11:36:12 am »
Nintendo.  They desperately need core experiences for the Wii U and western devs have all but abandoned the platform.  If Nintendo could lock up exclusivity with Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising and other franchises like that, it would really help them with the drought of games they're going through.

Preach it!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:20 am »

Dear god no! I don't want Atlus to turn Mega Man and Resident Evil into super-cuticized RPG stereotypes.

bobster

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 12:08:58 pm »

Dear god no! I don't want Atlus to turn Mega Man and Resident Evil into super-cuticized RPG stereotypes.
I'm mostly just trolling  :P.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

jobocan

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 08:59:07 pm »
Seeing Megaman's final smash in the new Smash Bros shows to me that Nintendo cares more about Megaman than Capcom at this point... so give that to them :P

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 09:49:44 pm »
Seeing Megaman's final smash in the new Smash Bros shows to me that Nintendo cares more about Megaman than Capcom at this point... so give that to them :P

Just give it to them, Capcom.  Don't even sell it, just give it to them as a wonderful gesture and realization that Nintendo could do a much better job with Mega Man than they ever could.  Give it to Nintendo, Nintendo can then hand off 2D platforming duties to Retro and then give a 3D title...maybe call it Mega Man Legends 3...to some other good company they like to work with and just be happy that someone is utilizing the property better than you ever will.  That would be really nice...lol