Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 195517 times)

PaleManInBlack

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1350 on: June 15, 2018, 10:02:51 pm »
Metro 2033.

- Thought I'd play through it again. Still love the atmosphere and the world of the Metro. Really feels alive, despite the dead world.

Metro: Last Light.

- Decided to give the ranger hardcore mode a go and it was surprisingly easier than expected. I did find the lack of HUD to be both great and not-so-great at times, like how you can't check how many bullets you have left. As well as forgetting which button was for a particular moment in the story since I was going for the good ending.

azure

« Reply #1351 on: June 16, 2018, 09:22:57 pm »
Finally decided to go back and finish the 100% for Bloodborne. Moving on to the DLC next!

mark1982

« Reply #1352 on: June 18, 2018, 04:12:49 am »

Finished Yakuza 0 not too long ago - This was my first Yakuza game as well and what a game...

I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but was completely blown away on how awesome and quirky this series is. The main story line, mini games, combat, to the voice acting, everything just clicked with me. I have Kiwami and gonna start that pretty soon after I clear some of my "older" back log.

But I can't wait to dive in to the Yakuza universe again to see what happens next to Kiryu and Majima.
  l    l 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1353 on: June 18, 2018, 01:09:51 pm »
BurningDoom's 2018 Beaten Games List

1. Mercs (Arcade)
2. Combatribes (Arcade)
3. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
4. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (XBox 360)
5. Spider-Man: Edge of Time (XBox 360)
6. Wild Arms (PS1)
7. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (Xbox)
8. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (Xbox)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition (Xbox One)

10. Mega Man 2 (NES)

Always going to be a go to classic for me. I've beaten it many times, and this was just another fun playthrough of it.

I STILL hate that damn security system in Wily's Castle where every single Crash Bomb counts. Even one mistake and there's no way of beating it.

kashell

« Reply #1354 on: July 01, 2018, 10:39:58 pm »
I finished (and fully trophy'd) Curse of the Moon. It was great.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1355 on: July 02, 2018, 09:37:08 am »
I finished (and fully trophy'd) Curse of the Moon. It was great.

It was really good.  Wasn’t it?  I dig it

azure

« Reply #1356 on: July 04, 2018, 04:38:59 pm »
Finished up all the Drakengard 3 DLC I was too cheap to buy at launch. All in all, was a great time. Learning about Zero's past and the other Intoners was great, with Two's episode definitely being the best.

sergreyjoy

« Reply #1357 on: July 05, 2018, 08:14:51 am »
I make a point of never starting more than two games at a time (one console/PC and one handheld) but this winter got crazy fast. Having a kid and a new job reduced my game time and made me play a bunch of things that I felt like playing when I had spare time, instead of forcing myself to continue a game that I might've not felt like playing at that precise moment. Time is precious! But yea.....now I have a backlog of 11 games currently half-played.  :o

I just finished Dragon Quest IV (NDS version) and I'm battling my way through the rest of the list. Wish me luck!

mark1982

« Reply #1358 on: July 10, 2018, 04:01:41 am »

Just finished Slain: Back from Hell on the Switch. Fun 2D side scrolling game with some decent combat mechanics - Parrying, timed attacks, spells, etc.

The animations is what really stick out imo, nice and fluid for a 2D based game. Plus of course the music, if you're into heavy guitar riffs the soundtrack is great with headphones.

I understand this game had a poor initial release due to it's controls, however after they patched it with better controls, checkpoints, combat mechanics, boss encounters, etc. The game is pretty fun now.

I definitely enjoyed my time with it.
  l    l 

kevininja

« Reply #1359 on: July 10, 2018, 02:34:25 pm »
Just finished Slain: Back from Hell on the Switch. Fun 2D side scrolling game with some decent combat mechanics - Parrying, timed attacks, spells, etc.

The animations is what really stick out imo, nice and fluid for a 2D based game. Plus of course the music, if you're into heavy guitar riffs the soundtrack is great with headphones.

I understand this game had a poor initial release due to it's controls, however after they patched it with better controls, checkpoints, combat mechanics, boss encounters, etc. The game is pretty fun now.

I definitely enjoyed my time with it.

Goddamn, I forgot how gorgeous this game looks! I should really consider picking it up next time it's on sale.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:35:56 pm by kevininja »

« Reply #1360 on: July 11, 2018, 09:04:21 am »
Finally finished Yakuza 5.  So damned good.  Best entry I believe.

« Reply #1361 on: July 11, 2018, 10:27:22 pm »
I just got 102% completion in Hollow Knight after 32 hours on Switch.  It is quite simply a masterpiece - one of the best Metroidvania style games ever made.

kypherion

« Reply #1362 on: July 12, 2018, 01:43:35 am »
Halo 2 on Heroic (On PC)! So good! Aside from a couple glitches the game was a ton of fun. Playing as the Arbiter was awesome and using the energy sword was a blast.

I felt the final boss was a little underwhelming but whatever.

The soundtrack kicked absolute ass. The only better Halo song that comes to mind is One Final Effort from Halo 3 (final mission).

It was so good I bought the soundtrack CDs and the books, and the official strategy guide.

Absolutely awesome.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #1363 on: July 20, 2018, 11:50:14 am »
I love playing Pokemon quest game. It's a fantastic game. I often play with my friends. So I often use  http://pokemonquestgame.com/ guide to search the new recipes and reach new levels.

« Reply #1364 on: July 20, 2018, 11:05:33 pm »
finished God of War (2018) and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA this week
both excellent
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:12:55 pm by wvdoom »