Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187927 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1365 on: July 22, 2018, 08:21:25 am »
Finished South Park: The Fractured but Whole last night.  It's not as good, as challenging, or outlandish as The Stick of Truth, but it was still a pretty fun game.  The more dynamic combat system was more fun that the original, but the story wasn't nearly as strong, and I never had a failed combat encounter.  In fact, I only died 3-4 times, and those were all due to puzzles / environmental mechanics where I wasn't 100% sure what I was supposed to do.

« Reply #1366 on: July 23, 2018, 11:13:09 am »
Took a break from Yakuza Dead Souls to play something else... been playing nothing but Yakuza games since Kiwami came out.  Decided to play Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice... oh my god is this game good.  Gonna go for the platinum trophy tonight, shouldn't take much time, only missed 3 runes.

Edit: Just finished Dragon Quest IX as well.  So I'll probably start up Dragon Quest VII tomorrow unless something else catches my fancy.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:37:44 pm by ignition365 »

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #1367 on: July 26, 2018, 01:07:55 pm »
Made the decision to clear out my Vitas, especially the one that has all the PS+ games I downloaded. It has a full 32Gb card which stays full since when I finish a game I delete it and then download the next in the queue. Lately i 100% Tiny Troopers and am now working on Broken Sword 5. Also just platinumed Super Destronaut DX, which is really nothing to brag about since it took about 15 minutes.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

« Reply #1368 on: July 29, 2018, 04:30:57 pm »
Finally got to play and finish Curse of Monkey Island
definitely good, but definitely not as good as the first two

kashell

« Reply #1369 on: July 29, 2018, 06:17:33 pm »
Cyrus' quest is finished in Octopath, so I think I'm going to start writing up a review. One down, seven to go.

« Reply #1370 on: August 08, 2018, 08:21:17 am »
Finished Mega Man X over the weekend, still amazing as always.

Finished Mega Man X2 last night, definitely not better than X1.  Most fights are definitely reliant on use of sub-tanks, but the final boss fight wasn't bad at all, did it on my first try and only barely had to use 1 sub-tank.  Final boss fight was definitely better and more enjoyable than X1's final boss fight.

Still not a fan that you have to get through all Final Stages in one run, really hoping later titles will let you save and start on 2nd, 3rd, etc stages of the final section.

soera

« Reply #1371 on: August 08, 2018, 11:22:05 pm »
Made it to the credits on Detroit. I did make one mistake late in the game that cost me my favorite of the characters ... considering replaying it to make sure the character survives.

« Reply #1372 on: August 11, 2018, 04:57:27 pm »
I finished Mega Man 7.  It is not very good.  I don’t understand how a game that came out two years after the first X game is this much worse.  The robot master stages are all very easy, and then the difficulty spike for the Bass fights and the Wily Capsule is insane.  Definitely least favorite of the mainline series so far.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1373 on: August 12, 2018, 03:48:08 pm »
We need to bring this thread back to life! 

In the last six weeks I have completed Mega Man 1-5 as well as Sonic 1 & 2.  I know it may not sound like much but when you work 60hrs a week it matters!

« Reply #1374 on: August 13, 2018, 08:38:27 am »
Finished X3 and X4 over the weekend.  Complaints.  Started up X5, got about halfway through and realized I would wind up with the bad endings so I quit.  Gonna take a break for a while and then I'll come back to it.  I need to find a walkthrough that doubles as a trophy roadmap so I can see what the most efficient way to go about beating the game and obtaining the most trophies.  Platinum-ed the first collection, kind of want to platinum the second.

As part of taking a break my wife convinced me to play Among the Sleep.  Finished that in a few hours.  Need to pick a new game, jump back into Yakuza Dead Souls, or go back to X5.

« Reply #1375 on: August 31, 2018, 12:45:41 pm »
Finished X6, wasn't as bad as X5, but not very good.

Played and finished Donut County, that game is pretty damned good, hopefully it receives some updates down the road to add replayability.

Played and finished Job Simulator because why not.  2 Platinum Trophies in 2 days is pretty damned good.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1376 on: August 31, 2018, 02:35:45 pm »
Playing through Brutal Legend again. Love that game so much! Top 10 for me.

Finished, got NEARLY everything. All Legends, all Landmarks, all Metal Tabs, all Relics (songs). However I STILL can't track down all the dragon-statues (Ormageddon's power). 106 out of 120!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:07:43 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #1377 on: August 31, 2018, 05:51:11 pm »
Mega Man 8.  Overall it may be the easiest of the mainline ME games.  There are some frustrating choices, and some game aspects aren’t explained too well.  The art style and cheesy voice acting went a long way for me, though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:06:29 am by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1378 on: September 02, 2018, 12:50:00 am »
I beat Raiden V (Xbox One) today...literally less than 2 hours after purchasing it.

...what a rip-off. And this is BOTH the story mode and boss rush mode...and no, I did not play on easy.

Luckily I did only get the digital copy. I was looking at $60 disc-versions, but needed money elsewhere so got the digital version instead, which isn't normal for me.

I mean, it was fun while it lasted. It's just that I'm nearly sure the original arcade/SNES/Genesis version was longer than this (and better). While this is not a bad shoot-em up, by any means, it still wasn't as good as other entries in the superb Raiden series.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:56:36 am by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #1379 on: September 02, 2018, 09:51:46 am »
I got Hino's good ending in 7'Scarlet. I appreciate that this visual novel moved at a nice pace and was over in only a couple of hours. I may go for other endings, but we'll see.