Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187962 times)

kevininja

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1380 on: September 03, 2018, 04:18:40 am »
Finished up Shadowrun Returns yesterday and what a blast that game was! It didn't click with me at first, but I'm glad I gave it another shot.

« Reply #1381 on: September 03, 2018, 09:31:16 am »
Mega Man 9 is down.  It was a bit too artificially hard in a couple of places, but I thought it was very well balanced and super fun.  A major step up from the last two entries.

« Reply #1382 on: September 05, 2018, 11:25:43 pm »
I just finished Mega Man 10 so here is my revised full ranking.

kashell

« Reply #1383 on: September 10, 2018, 11:24:17 am »
Final Fantasy X has been finished. Good game, but I'm glad it's done.

« Reply #1384 on: September 17, 2018, 08:51:20 am »
I finished Halo 5: Guardians solo on Legendary.  The squad mechanic was probably equal parts a help and a nightmare.  Half the time I'd get taken down and request a heal and the AI team would just stand there next to me.  The other half the squad was the only reason I survived tough encounters.  Fix the AI and it might be tolerable.

The story was... not great?  I hate the idea that Cortana somehow survived the previous game.  I know Halo 4 gets a ton of crap, but the finale with Cortana's sacrifice was genuinely moving for anyone who had been playing since the first game.  5 retcons that ending immediately to tell the same "progenitor race" story that has been told a thousand times in sci-fi already (notably Mass Effect).  The Locke / Master Chief conflict seemed to resolve for no real reason.  A big ball-drop for the story as a whole.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:55:37 am by Cartagia »

kashell

« Reply #1385 on: September 17, 2018, 09:48:48 am »

I finished this over the weekend. It was the strangest, quirkiest, weirdest game I ever played. Hell, it's one of the strangest, quirkiest, weirdest things I've ever seen.

telly

« Reply #1386 on: September 17, 2018, 10:43:38 am »
I finished both Earthbound Beginnings and Pokemon Omega Ruby over the weekend!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mark1982

« Reply #1387 on: September 28, 2018, 01:13:15 am »

Just finished Octopath Traveler last night, and what beautiful game.. This classic yet modern JRPG was something that really left a great impression on me with a warm feeling. And I'm glad that this title was a such a success for Nintendo and I hope there are more like it come.

The story gave me multiple emotions from joy of the quirkiness of Tressa to sadness from the storyline of Alfyn. Rarely does a game affect me emotionally but Octopath offered a great mix of emotions. Excellent game.
  l    l 

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #1388 on: September 30, 2018, 10:49:59 am »
Played through The Darkness on hard for two reasons - So I could say I've done it and for the achievement :D The thing is... After I had completed it, I didn't get the achievement >:( Either way, it gave me a chance to play through a great shooter with interesting characters, fantastic voice acting and amazing atmosphere.

kashell

« Reply #1389 on: September 30, 2018, 07:28:03 pm »
On the plane ride to Texas, I finished Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Unsurprisingly, it wasn't a good game. I shouldn't have enjoyed it, but I did. Weird.

« Reply #1390 on: September 30, 2018, 09:02:14 pm »
Been going through the X series on the Legacy Collection and yesterday I finished X5. Now this is my second time beating the game since the X Collection on the PS2 and overall, I though it was good despite some BS thrown in there with the colony crashing and your laser failing and multiple endings. I had thought about ranking them but never put it into paper so this is my ranking so far.

X4
X1
X3
X5
X2

« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2018, 09:32:19 am »
Finished Dragon Quest 7 early yesterday morning.  Really enjoyed it, definitely in my top 2 of DQ games, I don't know if I like it more than DQ4 though, thinking yes though.  Started Dragon Quest 8 last night and I'm not really feeling it as a handheld with the voice acting.

« Reply #1392 on: October 02, 2018, 01:06:13 pm »
Finished X6 this morning. Whoever was the level designer for this game needs to be arrested. That is all and here is updated ranking list:

X4
X1
X5
X3
X2
X6

Next is X7 which Im pretty sure this will be my 3rd time playing or 4th

« Reply #1393 on: October 06, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »
Finished X7, it was bad and I say this as someone who has played this more than once and this was a reminder of how bad it was:

X4
X1
X5
X3
X2
X6
X7

All the remains is X8

« Reply #1394 on: October 07, 2018, 04:13:55 pm »
Mega Man 11 was pretty good.  I’d place it right below 10 on my rankings, but I’d not consider that a bad spot.  The only games I would consider bad are 8, 1, and 7.  But when a series is consistently good as this one it becomes hard to stand out, and the slight downsides (mediocre music and sound design) are enough to drop it a couple of slots.