Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187784 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #480 on: August 19, 2014, 08:14:12 pm »
I just beat the Joker on Batman (NES)  8) I love the excitement from beating those kind of games  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2014, 09:40:55 pm »
I just beat the Joker on Batman (NES)  8) I love the excitement from beating those kind of games  ;D

You deserve a slow clap. That's a tough game.

kevininja

« Reply #482 on: August 23, 2014, 11:33:19 am »
I recently beat Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, got all the trophies too. It was a bit short but it was fun to play trough.
Currently trying to beat Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PS3).

List of games I beat this year:
1. Pokémon Y (3DS)
2. Saints Row The Third (PS3)
3. Saints Row IV (PS3)
4. Moon (NDS)
5. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (3DS VCH)
6. Dishonored (PS3)
7. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (NDS)
8. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
9. Half-Life 2 (PS3)
10. Children of Mana (NDS)
11. Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow (NDS)
12. Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! (3DS)
13. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
14. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PSN)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:17:26 am by kevininja »

90snostalga

« Reply #483 on: August 23, 2014, 05:24:17 pm »
Self Update for me:

1.    Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.    Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.    Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.    Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.    Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.    Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7.    Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8.    Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
9.    Diablo (PC)
10.  Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
11.  Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)
12.  Pandora's Tower (Wii)
13.  The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)
14.  Super Mario Kart (SNES)
15.  Kirby's Adventure (NES)
16.  Watch Dogs (PC)
17.  Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PC)
18.  Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
19.  Lollipop Chainsaw (360)
20.  Grand Theft Auto:  San Andreas (PS2)

pacpix

« Reply #484 on: August 24, 2014, 07:50:31 pm »
Just finished Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn.  Out of the original trilogy this game was the weakest.  There were a lot of good ideas, but I felt like they were not implemented well.  The game does what Knight of Diamonds did well by making every floor important to the quest and adding some puzzle elements, but the puzzles were not fun or fair.  One example is on the third floor you run into a NPC that asks you to trade your soul for an item.  I have no idea why he asks for a soul because to solve the puzzle you need to have a broadsword in your inventory for him to take in trade for a medallion.  No explanation or clues.  Also two of the riddles require you to have knowledge of tarot card games.  Also in the game some floors cannot be accessed by a good party, some cannot be accessed by an evil party, and some require that the party is not entirely neutral.  This is a cool idea, but switching alignment is tedious and random (Luckily  I made my party with 5 neutral and 1 good so I only had to change one party member).  Instead of switching alignment you can create two parties, but the amount of experience gained from monsters in this game is almost nothing.  I was not able to even grind past level 10, when usually your party should be at level 13 by the end of the game.  Due to this the game is  the hardest of the trilogy.

I played through all three games on the Japan PS1 game Wizardry: Llylgamyn Saga with no issues at all with the in-game translation and can highly recommend it to anyone interested in the series.  It is definitely the most accessible with the dungeon auto mapping as you explore, updated graphics, and the ability to save to avoid permadeath.  I had a lot of fun with my no reloading permadeath run of Wizardry 1, but I have been saving in the sequels to save time/sanity so I can actually finish the series.  On to Wizardry IV!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:47:25 am by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #485 on: August 28, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »
Just finished God of War Ghost Of Sparta... Next get the plat hopefully ... Would be my first platinum ...
Other than that it was a pretty good game... Think after I try and get the platinum I might continue with another God Of War game. :o

« Reply #486 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:34 am »
Just finished the second season of The Walking Dead.  Overall, it's pretty good.  A few spots in the split decision choices had their outcomes feel abit wonky, but generally it is just as engaging as the first season.  I won't spoil a single thing, though I will say I feel like they won't be able to ever truly top the first season finale, but I still was totally invested in the finale of the second.  Hopefully we see a third season.  It's a story I want to continue.

90snostalga

« Reply #487 on: August 30, 2014, 11:46:15 pm »
Finished Halo Combat Evolved last night and boy and I amazed!   :D  My first time playing Halo and I will say I am astonished by the game!  Excellent game.  Oh and I finished Sonic The Hedgehog 1 on Genesis.

90snostalga

« Reply #488 on: August 30, 2014, 11:50:52 pm »
I am going to include my personal rating for the games beside the console if anyone cares to know how I felt about the game.

Self Update for me:

1.    Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)  (8/10)
2.    Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)  (7.5/10)
3.    Shenmue 2  (Xbox)  (9.5/10)
4.    Super Mario Bros. (NES)  (9/10)
5.    Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)  (8/10)
6.    Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)  (9.5/10)
7.    Donkey Kong Country (SNES)  (9/10)
8.    Wolfenstein 3D (PC)  (7/10)
9.    Diablo (PC)  (3/10)
10.  Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)  (8.5/10)
11.  Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)  (6.5/10)
12.  Pandora's Tower (Wii)  (7.5/10)
13.  The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)  (10/10)
14.  Super Mario Kart (SNES)  (8/10)
15.  Kirby's Adventure (NES)  (9/10)
16.  Watch Dogs (PC)  (8.5/10)
17.  Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PC)  (8/10)
18.  Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)  (7.5/10)
19.  Lollipop Chainsaw (360)  (10/10)
20.  Grand Theft Auto:  San Andreas (PS2)  (9/10)
21.  Halo:  Combat Evolved (360)  (9/10)
22.  Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (Genesis)  (8.5/10)

« Reply #489 on: August 31, 2014, 06:54:51 pm »
Beat Metro 2033 Redux tonight and I'm very satisfied with this general overhaul to the game.  There were some minor bugs and glitches here and there that should've been sorted out, but overall I think this is what the game needed.  It runs better, looks better, and is pretty much better to play.  I like that more secret stuff was added in and that some levels were even highly altered or added to.  Some section were a tad annoying on the higher difficulty settings where Nosalises could easily overwhelm you, but some sections that use to be annoying as crap like the blobs of D6 are now simplified.  I kinda wish they had reworked the stealth system, as they did bring over Last Lights which is far better, but it is simpler and it's way too easy to sneak around.  They should've improved the AI and mechanics since that was one of my few gripes with Last Light.

Speaking of which, time to play Metro Last Light Redux next! Man I love this series.  I heard 4A might be a rather struggling company, but I do hope they make another.  You don't get this kinda of dread and atmosphere in many other games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #490 on: September 01, 2014, 01:55:41 am »

By "completed" I mean I beat the entire main questline.

I also beat the Warsworn, House of Ballads, and House of Sorrows questlines, in addition to the main questline.

Fantastic, large, and detailed open-world action-RPG.

There's still plenty of side-quest stuff to do to keep me busy for hours upon hours here.

foxhack

« Reply #491 on: September 01, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »
Waking Mars (PC), 100% completion. Really fun game with a good storyline, if a bit short. It took me nine hours (and twenty two seconds) to clear.

90snostalga

« Reply #492 on: September 04, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »
Dashv, just beat Infamous. All I can say is Wow! :D Amazing games and story. There is one karma event I would change  if I could go back but its all good. Loved that game and looking forward to the second one  :) I rate it a 9.5 /10

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #493 on: September 04, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

By "completed" I mean I beat the entire main questline.

I also beat the Warsworn, House of Ballads, and House of Sorrows questlines, in addition to the main questline.

Fantastic, large, and detailed open-world action-RPG.

There's still plenty of side-quest stuff to do to keep me busy for hours upon hours here.

And now I also completed the Arcanum and Travelers storylines.

Just to be clear:

Warsworn = Fighters Guild
Travelers = Thieves Guild
Arcanum = Mages Guild

And then the House of Ballads and House of Sorrows are similar to the "House" questlines in Morrowind.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #494 on: September 04, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »
beat a little mobile game called 2048. it's a game where you combine like number tiles to get a bigger number tile, 2&2->4, $&4->8 etc. trying to get a tile's number 2048. It was fun until I realized you could easily beat it just by moving the tiles in a counter-clockwise circle.