Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191485 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1200 on: June 13, 2017, 07:08:07 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)
5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)
6. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (XBox One - via Master Chief Collection)
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
8. Halo 3 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
10. Halo 4 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
11. DuckTales (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
12. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Wii U)
13. DuckTales 2 (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
14. Contra - Arcade Version (XBox Live Arcade)
15. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
16. Magic Sword Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
17. Final Fight Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
18. Golden Axe Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
19. Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)

20. Metal Slug 3 (Xbox Live Arcade)

One of the best entries in one of the best run-n-gun series in existence. Great 2D graphics, great sound, spot-on controls, and a great sense of humor make for a great afternoon ride!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:38:21 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #1201 on: June 15, 2017, 09:08:43 am »
Bloodborne has been finished. Well, no. The credits in Bloodborne have rolled. Twice, actually. But, I'm not ready to say farewell to it. This game is a blast, so I'm going to be going for the remaining trophies.

« Reply #1202 on: June 15, 2017, 09:17:01 am »
Bloodborne has been finished. Well, no. The credits in Bloodborne have rolled. Twice, actually. But, I'm not ready to say farewell to it. This game is a blast, so I'm going to be going for the remaining trophies.
So good.

soera

« Reply #1203 on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:55 am »
Played through Darksiders 1 and 2 over the last few weeks. I wanted to get them both finished before 3 hits the shelves. Im now ready!

tripredacus

« Reply #1204 on: June 21, 2017, 10:47:29 am »
I beat the Single Player for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

kashell

« Reply #1205 on: June 21, 2017, 12:03:39 pm »
So...yeah, Croc is done. I gave it a fair shot but this is one of those games that's "meant for the page, not for the stage." It's adorable AF, but playing it is such a nightmare. I'm guessing the PlayStation version's controls are just as bad.

azure

« Reply #1206 on: June 21, 2017, 05:14:35 pm »
So...yeah, Croc is done. I gave it a fair shot but this is one of those games that's "meant for the page, not for the stage." It's adorable AF, but playing it is such a nightmare. I'm guessing the PlayStation version's controls are just as bad.
They're the same, you can turn on analog though. Doing that makes it worse though.

kashell

« Reply #1207 on: June 22, 2017, 08:15:27 am »
They're the same, you can turn on analog though. Doing that makes it worse though.

Wow. Poor Croc was marked for death.

soera

« Reply #1208 on: June 22, 2017, 02:44:14 pm »
Well, started Little nightmares last night as a request from my son. Loaded it up about 10 pm and played til 1. Got up this am around 7 and played til 9 and beat the game. 5 hours is simply too short. The puzzles were pretty cool and the enemies were definitely weird and creepy as hell. Fun ... but way too short. This game had the potential to entertain me for many many hours.

« Reply #1209 on: June 26, 2017, 08:33:36 pm »
Finished Super Metroid before going to sleep last night and glad I was able to play through it now after so long and I can safely say it is one hell of a game and it up there with the likes of Zero Mission and Fusion. I think when I get the chance I will replay it again on the big screen but at 100% hopefully whether it be the SNES or the SNES Classic in the future. I didnt find Mother Brain to be too bad but again I will say Fuck Ridley.

kashell

« Reply #1210 on: June 27, 2017, 08:13:05 am »
Last night, I finished Bug! on the Saturn. It was great. It's one of those classic 90's games that doesn't take itself too seriously. It captures the middle of that decade perfectly with it's style, humor, etc.

On a more substantial front, I got the platinum for Bloodborne and The Old Hunters over the weekend. I'm not sure if I'm ready to say goodbye quite yet. I like the idea of trying a new build with high Arcane and/or Tinge. Or, maybe focusing on Skill instead of Strength so I can finally use things like the Chikage or the Threaded Cane. The thought of a New Game Plus doesn't sound nearly as exciting as a regular New Game because of the high amounts of echoes needed to level up.

The Orphan of Kos was probably the most difficult boss in the Bloodborne universe. His attacks were all over the place and they were quick with deceptive range. Like most bosses, it was important to time the VAs. Unlike most bosses, his first form was more difficult than the second.

Goddamn, this was a great game. I just wish there was a bit more to the story. I would have liked some clarification on a few things without having to resort to sources outside the game. The same can be said about the Old Hunters. That gripe aside, this was a fantastic game. Not counting the item duplication glitch in Demon's Souls, it's probably the easiest to finish in terms of trophy requirements. I'm very glad I got into the series with Demon's Souls because I think it would be really hard to go back to previous games after going through Bloodborne. When I do play Dark Souls III, it has some big shoes to fill.

Favorite Boss: The Bloodstarved Beast was the most intense, so that gets my vote for favorite boss. Some spoilery bosses are at a close second.

Favorite Weapon: The Whirligig Saw made me sooooo happy. I was very pleased with it. The icing on the cake was finding a Blood Rock in the DLC to make go to +10. Ludwig's Holy Blade is the runner-up.

Favorite Area: Nothing beats Yharnam, but I did enjoy the Research Hall, the Fishing Hamlet, and the Cathedral.

« Reply #1211 on: June 29, 2017, 11:33:40 pm »
Well I decided to replay Super Metroid but this time on the big screen and between yesterday and today I finished it. Lets just say the hype behind it even after the second time is justified and now I will go and start up the Prime Trilogy.

« Reply #1212 on: July 04, 2017, 08:37:58 am »
Finally finished Corpse Party Book of Shadows in my quest to complete the Corpse Party series. Went to go play Blood Drive (which for whatever reason I thought was on 3DS) before I stupidly remembered its on Vita which my copy is back home -_- So that's on the back burner for awhile XD

soera

« Reply #1213 on: July 04, 2017, 07:00:26 pm »
Just finished Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with the boy. Was a quirky little co-op that turned out to be a lot of fun for both of us.

telly

« Reply #1214 on: July 10, 2017, 11:50:20 pm »
Demon's Souls is done and dusted! I'm probably going to try out SSX on the PS3 next
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery