Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190087 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1260 on: September 23, 2017, 04:27:53 pm »
Completed Yakuza Kiwami (first experience with that serie) and Bayonetta 2, 2 amazing games. Now I need to buy Yakuza 0, and cant wait for Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming this winter.

Starting now to play Ys VIII on Vita, pretty good so far.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

azure

« Reply #1261 on: September 23, 2017, 04:41:02 pm »
Completed Yakuza Kiwami (first experience with that serie) and Bayonetta 2, 2 amazing games. Now I need to buy Yakuza 0, and cant wait for Yakuza Kiwami 2 coming this winter.

Starting now to play Ys VIII on Vita, pretty good so far.
More people getting into Yakuza than ever, glad you enjoyed it. 2 is the best in the series imo, so look forward to it!

maximo310

« Reply #1262 on: September 23, 2017, 07:28:47 pm »
Beat Elemental Master and El Viento on Geny without having to continue on either

Now I'll probably take on one of the Thunder Forces, while continuing to play Landstalker

« Reply #1263 on: September 26, 2017, 08:44:14 am »
Beat Submerged and A-semblance over the weekend and started working on the story mode of Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1264 on: October 07, 2017, 12:12:13 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)
5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)
6. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (XBox One - via Master Chief Collection)
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
8. Halo 3 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
10. Halo 4 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
11. DuckTales (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
12. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Wii U)
13. DuckTales 2 (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
14. Contra - Arcade Version (XBox Live Arcade)
15. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
16. Magic Sword Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
17. Final Fight Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
18. Golden Axe Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
19. Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)
20. Metal Slug 3 (Xbox Live Arcade)
21. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
22. Dishonored (Xbox 360)
23. Metroid II: The Return of Samus (Game Boy)

24. Far Cry 3 (Xbox One)

This game is insane, very adult in the violence and language, and very fun. But this one definitely not for the kiddies. Huge open world to explore in the deep jungle where evil tyrants and drug lords rule the land. You and your friends are kidnapped and tortured. You escape and must rescue your friends and free the jungle island from the grip of evil tyranny while surviving the death filled depths of wilderness and thugish army that patrols it.

I already ordered Far Cry 4 on Xbox One after enjoying 3 so much. Looking forward to it.

« Reply #1265 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:57 am »
So I decided to play The Bunker this weekend.  Beat it pretty quickly, considered going for the platinum, should've possibly planned that from the beginning, but I missed some stuff so I would have to play through again, and the game consistently crashes at the same point in the game so I gave up.

Then I started playing Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles at the behest of my wife.  Took me a bit to get into it, nearly beating the game in fact.  But then I started enjoying it to the point that I wound up going for the platinum trophy.  Less than 2 days effort overall and I wound up with a platinum trophy.  Really enjoyed it. 

Read some stuff online that sounded like Stardew Valley and Yonder play very similarly.  So I popped in Stardew Valley.  Nope, plays like Harvest Moon, gave up on that after about 3 minutes.

I already ordered Far Cry 4 on Xbox One after enjoying 3 so much. Looking forward to it.
Secret ending in FC4 is amusing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:06:48 am by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1266 on: October 10, 2017, 12:49:49 pm »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
24. Far Cry 3 (Xbox One)

25. Sonic Mania (XBox One)

I really should've beaten this a long time ago. But I got pre-occupied with Dishonored and then Far Cry 3.

FANTASTIC Sonic game. It feels like the Sonic game that Sonic Team should've released in 1996 on the Saturn. It feels like a natural progression from Sonic & Knuckles, with that same fantastic Genesis-type of gameplay. But even more stunning 2D graphics (hence the Saturn comment).

Highly recommended for all old-school platformer and Sonic fans.

azure

« Reply #1267 on: October 11, 2017, 10:09:47 am »
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (PS4): Being someone who played the PS2 original so much, witnessing all the newly added content from the FM version was a blast. I really liked the Data Origination battles, definitely the hardest and highlighted battles of the whole game. Also my first introduction to the difficulty above Proud, Critical. I'm usually the guy that plays on the hardest difficulty weather it's needed or not, so the fact it was already unlocked was great. Was definitely a solid challenge with the Data Battles on Critical really being a test of knowing each member of the Organization's patterns and how to counter them. It was also weird playing the KH games as a whole on the PS4 since their framerates was bumped up to 60fps. After playing these games for years in 30fps, it really was a change. Really enjoyed all the extra content, will be moving on to BBS sometime soon.

kashell

« Reply #1268 on: October 13, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
The Suffering has been finished. Good, bloody times.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1269 on: October 17, 2017, 12:47:23 pm »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
24. Far Cry 3 (Xbox One)
25. Sonic Mania (XBox One)

26. Dishonored 2 (XBox One)

Meh.

It wasn't nearly as good as the 1st Dishonored. It was still fun enough, I suppose. But it didn't have the great foreboding, dark, steam-punk feel that the first one did. And it didn't have that memorable feeling of oppression and hopelessness that the first one did. I also didn't like how the guards were kind of just placed wherever. In the first game, it really felt like they were strategically placed to help you use your stealth abilities and think more.

But the gameplay was still the same, even if lacking. So it wasn't terrible. Worth a playthrough at least. But I don't think I will be revisiting this one like I did the original.

kashell

« Reply #1270 on: October 18, 2017, 08:10:06 am »
Blue Reflection has been finished. The feels, man. The feels! There was some fan service that felt out of place for the game, but it was still a fantastic narrative with a battle system that was nicely paced and full of flair. The platinum was acquired upon completion, too. That was the icing on the cake.

kashell

« Reply #1271 on: October 22, 2017, 09:32:33 am »
I finished Xenogears for the second time last night. The first time I played it was in, like, 1999 or 2000. So, it's been some time. It was great to go back to it and see it again for multiple reasons. It's still a great game that holds up well, too. However, if there was ever a game that would benefit from a remake or an enhanced port, it would be Xenogears. Some QoL additions and a more fleshed out second half would really go a long way.

« Reply #1272 on: October 22, 2017, 10:17:44 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:16:24 pm by jce3000gt »

mark1982

« Reply #1273 on: October 23, 2017, 03:04:25 am »
I've been on a GBA run recently and doing a Castlevania back to back session.

Completed Circle of the Moon already and I'm almost done with Harmony of Dissonance, then after that I will start Aria of Sorrow.

Such fantastic games, glad I finally got around to play the handheld series since I had them in my collection for the longest time. I consider Symphony of the Night one of the greatest games of all time... so playing this series just brings back all the beautiful memories, seeing all familiar enemies and hearing the timeless musical score is such a satisfying feeling. 

After this I will be heading to the DS series.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:58:48 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #1274 on: October 23, 2017, 03:53:47 pm »
Just finished Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater the other day. Really enjoyed it. I had a hard time with the controls throughout the entire game it felt like, but even through that was able to enjoy what was going on. I didn't get to take advantage of a lot of the nuanced gameplay that exists, and finding out about a lot of the possibilities I missed out on makes me want to go back in for another playthrough, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. On to a restart of Metal Gear V now.