Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190118 times)

pacpix

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #540 on: October 05, 2014, 01:09:25 am »
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
-WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
-Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
-Raiden III (PS2)

-Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Yep, twice in the same year. It's that good. But to be fair, I also played it differently. The first time I just played through to the ending. This time I took my time and completed all the side-quests and collected all the items.

Hell, I didn't even realize there was a Red Mail to be found until I saw a Street Pass challenger with it.
Did you finish the Cucco sidequest?  I thought I had done a 100% run except for Streetpass stuff, but apparently if you get 999 on the "endless" Cucco game you see a giant Cucco during the credits.  Which means it is required for the best ending...   :'(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #541 on: October 05, 2014, 02:15:19 am »
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
-WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
-Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
-Raiden III (PS2)

Yep, twice in the same year. It's that good. But to be fair, I also played it differently. The first time I just played through to the ending. This time I took my time and completed all the side-quests and collected all the items.

Hell, I didn't even realize there was a Red Mail to be found until I saw a Street Pass challenger with it.
Did you finish the Cucco sidequest?  I thought I had done a 100% run except for Streetpass stuff, but apparently if you get 999 on the "endless" Cucco game you see a giant Cucco during the credits.  Which means it is required for the best ending...   :'(

No, didn't do that. I can do without seeing the giant cucco.

« Reply #542 on: October 05, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »
I've been very busy with work (and hence not very active on the forums) but I have beaten two short games recently.  The first is Legendary Starfy on DS.  It is compared to Kirby a lot and rightfully so.  Starfy is a pretty easy and cute game but I also think it is relaxing to play.  I don't know if people who don't already like Kirby should play Starfy, but I definitely enjoyed it and surprised just how cheap and easy it is to buy used.

I also beat Pilotwings Resort on 3DS which wasn't quite as fun.  The game is short on content and some of the later missions require a lot of trial and error or good muscle memory so that you can get a good score.  The Free Flight Mode is a nice idea, but exploring the island isn't fun for too long.  I gave up hunting for all the collectibles and probably spent about 5-6 hours playing Pilotwings.  I had fun but was ready to playing something else towards the end. 
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

bobster

« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2014, 01:58:42 pm »
I just finished Guacamelee! That was a really fun and entertaining game. I'm almost convinced to go and play it again on Hard Mode.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #544 on: October 11, 2014, 02:57:45 pm »

I still haven't taken mine out of the Shrink Wrap.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?! The game is amongst the best Zelda titles.

How would you say it compares to A Link to the Past? Most of the recent Zelda games, particularly the DS entries, haven't interested me all that much. I'm on the fence on this one, not sure if I'll get around to buying it or not.

Almost as good as Link to the Past. The ONLY thing holding it back from being better, IMO, is the fact that you can't play it on nice big T.V. with a real controller. The 3DS does start to cramp your hand after long-play sessions. It definetly has better side-quests and a better presentation (given the more-modern hardware, that's not surprising), but with that same old fantastic Zelda gameplay you love.

The DS ones weren't nearly as good. Spirits Tracks was laughably bad. I can't believe that's actually considered a Zelda game. It should have been it's own little train game. And while I liked Phantom Hourglass, repeating the Temple over and over again really hurt that game.

Well, the DS Zelda games are definitely staying off of my wishlist, but I'll have to look at getting A Link Between Worlds eventually. Thanks for the help. :)

Phantom Hourglass is worth playing if you come across it at a good price. The temple being repeated is really only one part of a large game.

And if you like trains, I guess you might enjoy Spirit Tracks. I just found the entire concept to be, well, silly. I don't see that fitting into the Zelda world at all. It was the "jump the shark" moment for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #545 on: October 12, 2014, 01:54:06 am »
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
2. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
3. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
6. Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
8. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
10. Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
11. King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
12. Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
13. Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
14. Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
15. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
16. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)
18. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)

19. Batman: Arkham Origins (XBox 360)

Fantastic game! Just like the other Arkham games it was very atmospheric, very dark and gritty, had a lot of polish, and was an all around great Batman experience. I think this one was my favorite in the series.

I've heard a lot of people complain that it was too much like Arkham City. Well, I can't argue that. It did take a lot of what made Arkham City great, and used it (and why complain about that?). But it also added more content. And I felt the story and voice-acting were better done this time. The story felt like something that you could have actually read in a Batman comic book. Admittedly, it wasn't a big of a step-up as Arkham City was from Asylum, but it was still a fantastic game and little-bit more polished than City was.

I didn't complete, EVERYTHING. I didn't do all the incredibly numerous Enigma (Riddler) stuff, and I didn't complete all the Dark Knight VR mission things. I did complete the main-storyline, all the Most Wanted and Assassin's were taken down, all the murder cases were solved, all escaped inmates captured, and all the communication towers were unjammed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:01:57 am by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #546 on: October 12, 2014, 12:18:59 pm »
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)

20. Raiden IV (XBox 360)

It's a Raiden game. If you've played them before, then you know what to expect here. There's some new modes to access, and of course new levels to play through. But the gameplay is the same. But it's great gameplay if you love a good vertical-scrolling shoot-em up. I've always been a big fan of this series and had a blast playing through it. However, it did seem to have a bit of bullet-hell inspiration almost in the later levels, and the last games in the series didn't really get that extreme (not saying it's Ikaruga hard, though).

Glad I went to Chico. In my town, I've had my eye out for this game forever. I stop in GameStop in Chico, and they're sitting on 3 copies.

BTW, I noticed in the database that the normal version has a pic that includes the soundtrack disc. Pretty sure that was some limited or special release, because mine didn't come with the soundtrack.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:21:10 pm by burningdoom »

maximo310

« Reply #547 on: October 12, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)

20. Raiden IV (XBox 360)

It's a Raiden game. If you've played them before, then you know what to expect here. There's some new modes to access, and of course new levels to play through. But the gameplay is the same. But it's great gameplay if you love a good vertical-scrolling shoot-em up. I've always been a big fan of this series and had a blast playing through it. However, it did seem to have a bit of bullet-hell inspiration almost in the later levels, and the last games in the series didn't really get that extreme (not saying it's Ikaruga hard, though).

Glad I went to Chico. In my town, I've had my eye out for this game forever. I stop in GameStop in Chico, and they're sitting on 3 copies.

BTW, I noticed in the database that the normal version has a pic that includes the soundtrack disc. Pretty sure that was some limited or special release, because mine didn't come with the soundtrack.
Yeah that release for raiden iv is the NA Gamestop Limited Edition of the game has a secret file pdf art book and the soundtrack cd. Sounds like they took the extra contents out of the used games and saved it for themselves. I still need to get this game for my collection because I played the first two games in the series and I've heard this one is pretty good as well.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #548 on: October 12, 2014, 11:36:28 pm »
Watching the end credits of Shadow of the Colossus HD.

Beat it years ago on the PS2 then heard it would be remastered for the PS3 and put it down so I wouldn't get tired of it. Can't wait to have a go at the time trials and get all the extra goodies!

« Reply #549 on: October 16, 2014, 09:02:34 am »

Seriously? What are you waiting for?! The game is amongst the best Zelda titles.

How would you say it compares to A Link to the Past? Most of the recent Zelda games, particularly the DS entries, haven't interested me all that much. I'm on the fence on this one, not sure if I'll get around to buying it or not.

Same for me too the DS games dont look that interesting more so fillers.

I should be ashamed to have not finished any Zelda Games.  :-[

It's largely a clone of Link to the Past.  It's a fun game, but ultimately, there's nothing really special about it.  It didn't really stick with me after I was done with it.  Instead of switching between worlds with the mirrors or portals, it's done by sticking against the wall and sliding through cracks. 

« Reply #550 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:21 am »
Oh, I finally finished Shovel Knight.  And I was a Kickstarter backer. 

The final boss really loved removing the floor.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #551 on: October 16, 2014, 12:21:29 pm »

Same for me too the DS games dont look that interesting more so fillers.

I should be ashamed to have not finished any Zelda Games.  :-[

It's largely a clone of Link to the Past.  It's a fun game, but ultimately, there's nothing really special about it.  It didn't really stick with me after I was done with it.  Instead of switching between worlds with the mirrors or portals, it's done by sticking against the wall and sliding through cracks.

The game shares similarities with Link to the Past because it's set in the same world and pretty close to the same timeframe.

But there's a TON of differences in there to make it an entirely new game and experience.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:43:51 pm by burningdoom »

davifus

« Reply #552 on: October 16, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »
Finally finished Makina's Good & Bad Route for Grisaia no Kajitsu. I enjoyed it a lot but still not #1 for me.
2 more routes to go till 100% completion.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #553 on: October 16, 2014, 09:22:31 pm »
Finished F.E.A.R. 2 on the PS3 today. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't really impressed either. I was hoping for a more intense horror experience I suppose, but it didn't deliver.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

retroone

« Reply #554 on: October 17, 2014, 11:59:39 am »
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is now COMPLETE 100%. The Yatta! Achievement was a pain and a major accomplishment to finally beat!