Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190123 times)

maximo310

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #570 on: October 27, 2014, 12:14:34 pm »
Beat Frederic: Resurrection of Music on Chopin difficulty a while back, wasn't too difficult of a game and was short, but a pretty fun experience for a few bucks.
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou gameplay modes- This game offered 5 different modes, inculuding a xbox 360 story mode which had a lot of dialogue, and forces you to play as the Type D doll, but it has auto-bomb mechanics for novice players, and is the only mode to let you practice against the extra bosses Hibachi and Inbachi w/o any special requirements. The game is pretty difficult, but I'm going to keep working at improving my score and continuing to get better at dodging all of those bullets, considering the max output of bullets in the game is around 6k.

« Reply #571 on: November 05, 2014, 11:55:42 pm »
Just did my first playthrough of Bayonetta 2 on the middle difficulty.  Overall, loved it, it's a ridiculously fun time and always seems to continue to build in a game that almost peaks right from the very start lol It'll probably end up being my game of the year for sure.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #572 on: November 08, 2014, 02:04:08 am »
Beat Tomb Raider (PS3) last night. Completed the objectives 100% tonight. Great game.

Might give the multiplayer a shot even though all the reviews say it's balls.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #573 on: November 08, 2014, 11:14:11 am »
Just did my first playthrough of Bayonetta 2 on the middle difficulty.  Overall, loved it, it's a ridiculously fun time and always seems to continue to build in a game that almost peaks right from the very start lol It'll probably end up being my game of the year for sure.

Would you play Bayonetta with a kid around?  The only thing I'm really worried about is language. He can handle killing stuff. He knows it's all pretend.

« Reply #574 on: November 08, 2014, 11:33:30 am »

Would you play Bayonetta with a kid around?  The only thing I'm really worried about is language. He can handle killing stuff. He knows it's all pretend.

That would have to be a personal call.  The language is there, more in like the beginning and then off and on through the game itself.  Myself, I don't particularly think this is a game that would be great for kids to watch even if they were fine with the very bloody violence.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #575 on: November 08, 2014, 11:44:19 am »
Alright.  I'll put it off until he's not around.  Besides, with this Complete NES Review thing I'm working on, I don't have time to play anything that's not on the NES.  #RetroGamerProblems #I'maDickForUsingHashtags

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #576 on: November 08, 2014, 11:55:55 am »
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
2. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
3. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
6. Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
8. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
10. Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
11. King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
12. Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
13. Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
14. Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
15. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
16. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)
18. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
19. Batman: Arkham Origins (XBox 360)
20. Raiden IV (XBox 360)
21. WWE 2K15 (XBox 360)

22. DuckTales: Remastered (XBox Live Arcade)

For the 2nd time. This is one remake I can say stands shoulders-to-shoulders with the original. Love this game!

But damn, you have to play through like 4 times over to unlock everything. I've played the original probably a 100 times over, so I'm no newb at this. I search every nook and cranny for invisible gems and invisible walls. I did unlock all the music, though, which is all you REALLY want to unlock.

retroone

« Reply #577 on: November 08, 2014, 12:06:39 pm »
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
2. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
3. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
6. Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
8. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
10. Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
11. King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
12. Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
13. Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
14. Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
15. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
16. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)
18. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
19. Batman: Arkham Origins (XBox 360)
20. Raiden IV (XBox 360)
21. WWE 2K15 (XBox 360)

22. DuckTales: Remastered (XBox Live Arcade)

For the 2nd time. This is one remake I can say stands shoulders-to-shoulders with the original. Love this game!

But damn, you have to play through like 4 times over to unlock everything. I've played the original probably a 100 times over, so I'm no newb at this. I search every nook and cranny for invisible gems and invisible walls. I did unlock all the music, though, which is all you REALLY want to unlock.
I LOVE THAT GAME!!! DuckTales Remastered is done right! If only Capcom would make more games like that.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #578 on: November 08, 2014, 01:38:49 pm »
If only they would make a Ducktales 2 Remastered.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #579 on: November 08, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »

Seriously. The original version is ridiculously expensive.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #580 on: November 08, 2014, 07:42:17 pm »

Yeah, I broke my "I won't pay $100 or more for a video game" rule to land that one.

retroone

« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2014, 11:56:40 am »

Yeah, I broke my "I won't pay $100 or more for a video game" rule to land that one.
We could get the Famicom version but....

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2014, 12:20:03 pm »

We could get the Famicom version but....

But I can't read Japanese.

maximo310

« Reply #583 on: November 11, 2014, 12:56:22 am »
My bro and I finished Mario Kart 8 with all cups completed(so far) and three stars for all cups!

bobster

« Reply #584 on: November 11, 2014, 09:45:09 am »
I finished Metroid: Other M on Sunday. It was a pretty enjoyable game, but the ending kind of came out of nowhere for me. Luckily there is an epilogue that allows you to actually finish collecting everything.  I'm still trying to figure out if the game scratched my Metroid itch though. I don't think so. Think I might pop in Super Metroid for that  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher