Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191371 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #705 on: March 18, 2015, 01:44:28 pm »
Don't expect to see me here at least not to often but a couple of days ago my daughter and I finally completed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project in gameplay Mode A, you know the mode where the two characters can actually inflict damage between them  8)

^ I love that TMNT cover art. It's like a panel straight from the comic book.

« Reply #706 on: March 19, 2015, 12:08:05 pm »
Don't expect to see me here at least not to often but a couple of days ago my daughter and I finally completed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project in gameplay Mode A, you know the mode where the two characters can actually inflict damage between them  8)

My brother and I pour dozens upon dozens of hours into that game on the NES.  And then TMNT IV on the SNES. 

I finished Super Guacamelee on the PS4.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #707 on: March 20, 2015, 01:01:20 pm »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster in my Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)

10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)

Freaking love Dragon Quest games. This one was no different. Great traditional JRPG with lots of exploration involved. The game is seriously MASSIVE! There are two entire worlds to explore, the dream world and the real world. Each with multiple continents chock full of towns and dungeons. In one world you can take your ship under the ocean and explore the entire ocean floor, even. And then there's even a third, smaller, dark world at the end of the game. I put in 50 hours into this bad-boy.

This one is well worth it's money in gameplay time and content. Check this one out for sure, DQ fans!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:39:52 pm by burningdoom »

maximo310

« Reply #708 on: March 20, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Freaking love Dragon Quest games. This one was no different. Great traditional JRPG with lots of exploration involved. The game is seriously MASSIVE! There are two entire worlds to explore, the dream world and the real world. Each with multiple continents chock full of towns and dungeons. And then there's even a third, smaller, dark world at the end of the game. I put in 50 hours into this bad-boy.

This one is well worth it's money in gameplay time and content. Check this out one out for sure, DQ fans!
One of the best parts is getting to fight a floating fortress as a boss!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #709 on: March 21, 2015, 09:40:22 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)

Great little platformer! (If you can call it that, there is no jumping, but otherwise it feels like one)

People say it's too short, I thought it had plenty of content. 3 main "storylines". 2 with 20 levels, one with 30, making a total of 70 levels. If you own Super Mario 3D World (which I do), it unlocks another set of levels as well. Then when you beat the game, it unlocks bonus levels. And of course there's special coin-run levels. Plenty to do for $40!

And I had a blast going through it all! As others have said, it's not too hard, though. But it was just puzzling enough to keep me coming back.

Check it out, Wii U owners. Worth the $40.

bobster

« Reply #710 on: March 21, 2015, 11:49:08 pm »
Treasure tracker is really a great game. Apparently at some point the Toad Amiibo will unlock a Toad Sprite hunt through all the levels. Not sure if they've updated the game for that yet.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

pizzasafari

« Reply #711 on: March 22, 2015, 07:18:55 pm »
I just completed a long-overdue Metal Gear Solid marathon. I'd already finished MGS2 and I'd played most of MGS1 and knew how it ended, but I'd wanted to finish the others for so long.

Found the Legacy Collection in Game which sparked it. Bought that, went home, blitzed through MGS1 with an Action Replay because I'm lazy and I suck, then I played through MGS2 again, finally finished MGS3 and MGS4, then finished Metal Gear Rising. Then almost immediately after doing so the news broke that Kojima Productions is disbanding.
Goddammit.

Still need to play Peace Walker, but yeah, that's my recent finish.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #712 on: March 22, 2015, 07:39:24 pm »
Treasure tracker is really a great game. Apparently at some point the Toad Amiibo will unlock a Toad Sprite hunt through all the levels. Not sure if they've updated the game for that yet.

It updated my game just a couple days ago with the Amiibo functionality. I personally have zero interest in Amiibos, though.

bobster

« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2015, 11:07:12 pm »
I finished Final Fantasy 4: The After Years this afternoon. It was quite the slog. I don't know if it was the fact that I had just played through 4 again, but man was it annoying playing through all the same areas again. At the end, the story got interesting, so I guess it was worth it?

Man that last dungeon is super long. You know it's bad when you get 4 different sets of armor for Cecil throughout the whole thing. Loved seeing the Ghost Train from VI and Gilgamesh from V in the dungeon though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #714 on: March 27, 2015, 02:56:17 am »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)

One of my all-time favorite games. I've played through it I don't know how many times, but I still seem to uncover some little secret I haven't found before. No different this time. Found a treasure-stash in a hidden door in the floor...I didn't even realize there could be hidden doors in the floor!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:35:13 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #715 on: March 27, 2015, 03:43:16 am »
Copying this in from the other thread...

Well I can finally say that I beat Majora's Mask.  I think I made it as far as the western ocean area in my original playthrough years ago on the N64, but I didn't like the time mechanic.  And I sadly still don't.  I feel like in concept, it is a kinda cool idea, I just don't find it very fun.  Having to restock with every restart, having to do specific things on specific days and at generally specific times...Couldn't really get into that very much.  Personally, it just makes me groan thinking about completion as I only got about half the masks in the game or having to get the heart pieces.  Not something you ever want to feel in a Zelda game.  I do think the game does some good things, being darker and weirder and having more characters than Zelda usually does and I feel like it's something Nintendo should consider for the open world Wii U game coming up.  Varied sidequests, odd characters, stuff that makes you interested in wanting to see where the little plots go.  It's a solid Zelda title, but of the 3D releases, it's still on the lower end for me below Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #716 on: March 29, 2015, 08:35:51 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)

Beat them both via the NES Remix Pack on Wii U. When I say "beat them", I mean I unlocked all the games and I beat all the remix & bonus levels. I did skip some game-centric themes like Golf and Tennis, just because I have no interest in them, though.

Lots of fun if you like classic NES games. Makes mini-games out of Nintendo best first-party games from the era. I was already familiar with the gameplay, because I have Ultimate NES Remix on 3DS. But these full console versions seem to have more bells and whistles win the production value.

Check it out. But I say try to get it cheap. While it is fun, it's good for short spurts of gameplay. So I wouldn't say it's worth $40-$60. Get it for under that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:38:56 pm by burningdoom »

bobster

« Reply #717 on: March 30, 2015, 07:28:08 pm »
Over the weekend I started and finished the Walking Dead Season 2. Great game!

I just started Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. Not very far in yet.

« Reply #718 on: March 30, 2015, 11:54:09 pm »
I just beat Tales of Monkey Island. There were times where I disagreed with the direction of the story at certain points but when I finished it I was content with how everything came together on the ending. I'd definitely be ok with a second series of MI in a Tales setting. Anything to keep me from remembering MI4 :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #719 on: April 02, 2015, 08:34:59 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)

15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)

This is what I did the last couple of days. Beat the 2nd quest of the original Legend of Zelda on NES.

I've played through the original quest a million times over, but I think I've only beaten the 2nd Quest, once. So while I do remember some things, a lot of it is new to me again because I've forgotten half of it. Lots of fun!

This is really made me want a dogbone-Style controller, though. As an adult, that little controller's corners really dig into your hands after long play-sessions.