Author Topic: Easter Egg Hunting in the Garage  (Read 1614 times)

starbronze21

Easter Egg Hunting in the Garage
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:07:10 am »
So happy Easter everyone! :D
(yes I know I'm kinda late :p)
So over the weekend I went garage sailing to look though strangers garbage in hope that I find some elusive treasure. :D
Usually Everytime time I go sailing, I only return home with a worn Game Boy Advance game and some clothes (which aren't compatable with any system I own :p)
So I was about to give up when I went to one last garage sale, AND I FOUND A TREASURE CHEST! XD
I found a Genesis 3, Super Punch Out, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario RPG, and an SNES 2!!!!!!
Now you think this cost me a fortune but all of this only set me back TEN DOLLARS!! XD

This is my first real Garage Sale score and I felt like sharing with you guys, it's moments like these that make me love collecting video games. :)

So have any of you found an awesome treasure in a garage sale? :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

Re: Easter Egg Hunting in the Garage
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:16:58 am »
You are a lucky guy! I had a chance to finf SNES games for that price! One day Super Mario RPG will be mine... one day ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:17:45 am »
SCORE
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

ko1ru

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:51:43 pm »
$10?!  Amazing find!

blipcs76

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 02:09:44 pm »
Amazing deal! Contrats.

topspot123

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »
Jaw, meet floor!

Congratulations!

starbronze21

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:06:05 pm »
Wow, thank you everyone for congratulating me. I appreciate it and its awesome to hear my find was excellent. :)

But I didn't start this thread to brag about my find, I wanted to see if you guys had any stories about when you found something amazing at a garage sale, I would like to hear them. :)
I mean come on, someone found an SNES campus challenge cart at a garage sale, I'm sure one of you have found a ROB or a huge game lot, or even...an NES Toplader (YOU are the lucky one if you did). So tell me, anyone find anything way past cool at a garage sale? :)

Doesn't have to be rare just has to be something you thought was cool. :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

soera

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »
Here is my one and only garage sale score.
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=68712 (for those who dont want to open and read, Ill copy/paste the main part) :

Today was a nice day however. I picked up a metric fuckton of crap today. I was reading craig's list and some guy mentioned a garage sale (not even his own) that was for some woman who had a game store that closed a few years ago and wanted to get rid of her crap. I saw the address and realized it was a mile from the house. I didnt even hesitate. I drove straight over. The whole house was closed but that didnt stop me. I knocked on the door. This fairly cute girl answered and said it was her mom's sale and she was gone atm. But I pushed on. Just happened that she was talking to her husband who was with her parents atm. She talked to mom and said it was okay if I looked. She opened the garage and it was packed with game crap. I said how much for everything and she told me $300. I bit my tongue and told her Ill brb. I drove home a hell of a lot faster than I legally should have, raped my money stash of $300 and drove a lot faster back to the house. After all was said and done I got :
87 boxed NES games with an additional 5 in rental boxes
130 loose NES carts
215 boxed X-box games/2 loose
139 boxed PS2 games/3 loose
19 boxed Saturn games
28 loose Genesis games/1 loose 32x game
17 boxed Genesis games (one of them still being factory sealed)
21 loose 64 games
14 loose SNES games
17 boxed Gamecube games/2 loose
1 official SNES controller with an extension cord
1 PS2 slim with a box full of cords/controllers
1 box of Sega controllers/cords
1 box of Gamecube cords
1 box of Xbox cords
1 mini PS1 joystick
4 64 controllers with 1 extension cord and a 64 VRU (some weird thing you can plug a microphone into)
1 5200 game/3 2600 games
1 box of random gameboy system(s) cords
Kingdom hearts game on GBA
1 S-video cable with 3 outputs for : ps2, xbox, gamecube
7 square NES controllers, 3 max controllers, 5 official rf cables, 2 ac adapters, 2 quickshot joysticks, and one really weird turbo control pad
A pc flight simulator joystick set along with a box full of random pc cables/games
And ... a disc cleaner/resurfacer machine.

Most of the boxes of the NES games are in pretty beat up condition ... but that was a deal I really could not pass on.

sin2beta

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:30:18 pm »
Nice haul!!!

Did you pick up DT2 from Darko's guy?

What was the misprice on TMNT TF? If you don't mind my asking...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
Yeah I was the guy that introduced him to the gaming society. I got the first of his DT2s for sale a while back ...

As far as the TMNT tournament fighters, it was priced for $9.95 as the SNES version. I thought they were going to notice it. Its weird. The guy at the counter gave the game a weird look, mentioned how rare it was and just rang it up like nothing different. I wasnt going to complain!

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 02:29:48 am »
Wow, those are great finds!
A few years after my stupid decision to trade all my NES games (about 40 titles) NES and SNES to Gamestop (I just know they ended up in that dumpster) for Chaos Legion.
I came across the best thing I've ever found at a garage sale.
An original near-complete NES.
2 controllers, zapper, RF adapter and super mario/duck hunt/ wctm cart.
All of the manuals for everything and the "now you're playing with power" poster.
For the whopping price of $5!
The only thing missing was the box.
It also came with Ninja Gaiden, Skate or Die, Tetris, Bible Adventures and Dr. Mario!
Everything was (and is) in great shape.
I nearly wet my pants!
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 03:08:56 am »
I don't do garage sales, but I did find my DC VGA cable, some G-Con 45s/G-Con 2's and a stack of old Jp gaming mags in my own garage about a week ago :)

I'm really glad I found that VGA cable, it was driving me nuts not knowing where it had gone. Now the only item I know I own but has gone missing is my Mark III version of Kujaku Ou, I really want to find that :(