Author Topic: wow...  (Read 2682 times)

wow...
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:16:46 am »
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/vgm/3731627166.html

I don't live there but I look in different cities since PayPal will protect me from getting screwed and damn I wished I was the first and only offer for this guy!! Mostly boxed? Ahhhhh!!!
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

theflea

Re: wow...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:20:54 am »
Gotta love the "Got offers for $1000 and decided to sell them on Ebay"
"Happy game hunting!!!"

soera

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:05:14 am »
Thats the world we live in. Expecting to get a couple hundred dollars for something ... get an offer for a couple thousand ... immediately expect 4-5 thousand. Reminds me of some woman I saw on pawn stars once. Brought in a piece of jewelery. She thought it was worth a couple hundred dollars. Rick told her what it was and how much it was worth then she refused to take any less than what he said.

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:55 am »
Thats the world we live in. Expecting to get a couple hundred dollars for something ... get an offer for a couple thousand ... immediately expect 4-5 thousand. Reminds me of some woman I saw on pawn stars once. Brought in a piece of jewelery. She thought it was worth a couple hundred dollars. Rick told her what it was and how much it was worth then she refused to take any less than what he said.
Yeah I remember that episode.  Pissed me off, Rick gave her thousands more than what she was asking for it just to be nice and then she tried to get more money out of him!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:08:59 am »
Thats like the recent person who found a CIB copy of stadium events at the goodwill in NC for $8. She took it to a local game store (guy is a member of NA and posted it up there). She told him she wanted 15k for it. He offered to sell it for her and she said no, she had to have all the money for herself. Really? You spent $8 but unwilling to accept anything less than 15k straight profit? Once people see those $$$$$, nothing else matters. Its pretty sad.

sin2beta

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 11:28:29 am »

I love that show, but I can't watch it the same way anymore. Pat from retrowareTV went on there with some NWC carts. I don't know if they asked him to show up or what. But the whole interaction between him and Chumlee (spelling?) was obviously fake. I'm also pretty sure Pat would not sell the carts or go through the Pawn Shop. It's television.

Still fun to watch though. You get to see some cool stuff. Just disappointing knowing most people aren't actually selling.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:33:10 am »
Yeah that episode was advertised all over NA and a huge discussion came of it. I watched the episode and it was the last time I turned the show on. It was staged from start to finish and it just shows how fake the show is. Chumlee is one of the biggest morons ever to grace this planet to begin with (along with Tom Green) and I really didnt like seeing him all the time anyhow.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 01:14:15 pm »
Holy crap. I would normally defend someone like this — it's their stuff to sell and all — but the fact that they didn't bother to check the worth of these games before posting just irks me in so many ways. And the fact that they're saying "lol nvm guys sellin' this shit on ebay" instead of just removing the ad altogether is just the icing on the cake. Part of me is wondering if they were trolling.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »
Out of curiosity, I just looked around in my city on craigslist and saw someone selling an Earthbound cartridge for $100. They already sold it. :'(
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 05:40:33 pm »
i got a guy I bought pokemon gba games from turns out the guy has earthbound... but he wants ebay prices.. people don't understand that ebay is 17% and 3% paypal. ebay also pisses me off because people always look at the buy it now then ask that. all I can do is laugh and say check the sold listings bud. if I want it for that price I would buy from ebay.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

soera

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »
I dont know why people dont understand that. If I wanted to buy something for Ebay prices, Id be sitting around half naked in front of my computer instead of looking inside your store. Awww who am I kidding? Id be sitting around naked in front of my computer!

In all seriousness though, people that say stuff like that dont sell on Ebay themselves. They definitely miss the fact that they have fees to pay to both Ebay and Paypal, they have to ship the item and drive to send the item ... then there is always that chance that the person buying could make a claim against them saying they didnt get it, it was broken, etc.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »
but on the other hand there is a older gentleman around here with a store he said he had a sealed Atari system he let go for 100$ a girl bought it and got 500 from ebay and then the guy says I don't have time for ebay... I'm thinking for an extra 300 I would have time for ebay... but he is one of those guys that want what he wants and does not care if it's worth a lot. sadly he very rarely has any video games.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

sin2beta

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 07:06:22 pm »
If the guy was getting offers of $1000, I don't fault him for checking it out and going to ebay. From the sound of it, the people offering him money messed up. Sometimes you can really offer way too much.

Sellers can mess up by selling to low or too high. But buyers can mess up too. You call him up, ask to see the games. Go to the house. Offer $50. You will know by his reaction what to do after that. If he says no, ask what he is wanting. Then offer something a little lower. Etc.

Don't email saying $1000. Yeeeesh! That buyer overbid themselves to nothing.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

ko1ru

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 07:16:27 pm »
If the guy was getting offers of $1000, I don't fault him for checking it out and going to ebay. From the sound of it, the people offering him money messed up. Sometimes you can really offer way too much.

Sellers can mess up by selling to low or too high. But buyers can mess up too. You call him up, ask to see the games. Go to the house. Offer $50. You will know by his reaction what to do after that. If he says no, ask what he is wanting. Then offer something a little lower. Etc.

Don't email saying $1000. Yeeeesh! That buyer overbid themselves to nothing.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  If the guy was clueless as to what he had, he never would have known any better anyway.  Someone could have gotten a really amazing deal with this lot if they were intelligent enough to offer a small-ish amount...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 07:28:59 pm »
Yeah I remember that episode.  Pissed me off, Rick gave her thousands more than what she was asking for it just to be nice and then she tried to get more money out of him!

Didn't see that particular episiode, myself; but why get pissed about that? The guy makes a living off of ripping people off. I wouldn't feel sorry if it happened to him for once.