Author Topic: E3 Predictions  (Read 642 times)

htimreimer

E3 Predictions
« on: April 20, 2013, 03:10:06 pm »
E3 is still about a month and a half (june 11-13) but i think its a good time to say what are predictions for this years E3, so what are your E3 predictions

nintendo is gonna be all about games this year and it gonna be awesome

sony is gonna show us the PS4 and some games and it gonna be interesting to see what they have for us

microsoft has me scared because every year they seem to for get what what made them popular and keep on devolving into shell of a company that they once were, its all about trends with microsoft now a days, just look at windows 8 for evidence of that. i'm scared that they have done the same thing to the next box also going by rumors & patents it looks like they are trying to be the family friendly wii of this generation. i hope they come to their senses and don't do this
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:27:31 pm by htimreimer »

jobocan

Re: E3 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »
Nintendo will make the Wii U actually worth buying, giving actual release dates for games people want to see for the holiday season and early 2014 games, with debut gameplay footage for smash, mario kart, 3D Mario, Wind Waker, that yarn yoshi game, Bayonetta 2 and whatever Retro Studios is working on and telling no one about, and maybe a surprise or 2... The 3DS will be mostly ignored during the presentation other than a segment or 2, but there's gonna be a separate presentation just for the 3DS with one or 2 announcements.

Sony will show lots of really crappy cinematics and a couple PS4 launch titles, with more info on the console's interface and price and such. Half of the announcements will be cancelled within the year, though there's probably gonna be enough to garner some interest in the console (and some inFamous gameplay videos, that's all I care about). A multiplat FF game will be announced during their presentation (though at first it will only be announced for the PS4). Vita will be completely ignored as usual. Will probably be a good presentation overall.

Microsoft will simultaneously suck and blow, as usual.

And people will keep wondering why EA and Ubisoft have presentations at E3.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:32:27 pm »
Nintendo will announce a handful of titles that appeal mainly to Nintendo fans, and utterly disinterest people who don't care about Mario. Bit more on Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101, and maybe at least a hint on what Retro is up to, but the bulk of interesting stuff will be third-party stuff on 3DS.

Sony will show the actual console, a bit more on the games we've already heard about, and some of the larger companies will step up to reaffirm their support without really showing much. Probably too much emphasis will be spent on Killzone and Infamous, with only vague notions of more games on Vita and little to adequately demonstrate this.

Microsoft will unveil their new console, and we'll collectively 'meh' because it's an overblown kitchen sink product like Windows 8. They'll attempt to emphasize connectivity with smartphones, and 'innovation' with Kinect, but simultaneously alienate both hardcore and casual gamers.

Short version: We won't see anything worthwhile from anyone until first quarter of next year, and in the meantime, it'll be a lot of vague comments involving buzzwords like immersion and innovation. Sony has the advantage, provided they don't fuck up and massively overprice the PS4 - anything over $400, maybe $450, and they'll be in a very bad spot.

Idk. I've seen enough console launches now that if I've learned anything, it's that these are the times that matter least. It always, always will come down to games that catch on with people, smart marketing, and overt cost of ownership.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:35:29 pm by insektmute »

soera

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:14:43 pm »
I think Nintendo is going to spend almost the whole time trying to get people to see what they envision with the Wii U. Most people are not going to care other than the serious Nintendo fanboys and its going to be a lot of smoke and mirrors and nothing more. If they spend any time on the 3ds (which is where they should spend all of their efforts honestly) its going to be re-showing games we have already heard about and know is coming. Im already going to cut my own throat and guess that DQX is not going to be mentioned at all. I hope Im wrong on that but I doubt it.

Sony will demonstrate more of the PS4 (which I am going to personally name the PS Square cause of the 4) and, if the gods from above shine down their brilliance on the developers, they announce that they are going to continue with a tried and true controller without some stupid ass touchpad in the middle. The games announce will be some old news, some shockers, but nothing super over the top. I doubt a price point will be mentioned as Im assuming thats going to happen closer to Black Friday.

Microsoft will continue to unimpress. They will act like their system is the latest in technology allowing you to answer your phone while gaming, start your car with the start button and let you buy pizza and a hooker from their new and improved Xbox Live. The games will be the same old bullshit they offer ever year : 50 FPS, Racing, illegal activity, and sports games. Nothing new ... nothing special.

Hopefully Sega decides to come back into the market but the chances are slim to none. While I like Sega as a company in whole, they have a bad track record with not promoting their systems enough and, if they do make a shot at it, they have to do something better this time to overcome what the three above are already doing (like actually doing something involving gaming and not gimmicks).