Author Topic: May 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 29414 times)

Re: May 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2013, 11:59:51 am »
Latest games to arrive were two games that I thought were really obvious but it seems like most people don't know they exist -

(That's Ogre Battle Gaiden for the Neo Geo Pocket on the left)

brunauss

« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2013, 02:34:52 pm »
Came back from Flee Market with these in perfect shape:

[ BradyGames Guides ]

Official ] Dark Sector $2
Official ] The Darkness $2
Official ] Folklore $2
Signature Series ] Grand Theft Auto IV $2
Official ] Viking: Battle for Asgard $2

Then found this buried on a booth shelf:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Sunday Driver $1.66
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:42:04 pm by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2013, 03:09:34 pm »
Came back from Flee Market with these in perfect shape:

[ BradyGames Guides ]

Official ] Dark Sector $2
Official ] The Darkness $2
Official ] Folklore $2
Signature Series ] Grand Theft Auto IV $2
Official ] Viking: Battle for Asgard $2

Then found this buried on a booth shelf:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Sunday Driver $1.66

Viking: Battle For Asgard is such an underrated game. It doesn't do anything new really, but what it does, it does well. I had a lot of fun playing through it. Don't know why it's such a "bargain" game.

theflea

« Reply #273 on: June 01, 2013, 05:57:34 pm »
I paid $30 for the Sega Game Gear stuff and the Gameboy games. Sadly both Gamegears need capacitors and I had to replace the Pokemon battery. I used the battery out of the NES Baseball Stars that I had that didn't display correctly. The board was very corroded on the Baseball  Stars. Pokemon works perfectly now. The Sega battery packs also need new batteries.

Dang I almost found the same thing, Mine was Black model, 3 games, the hip battery pack and carrying case all for $5.
After testing it out the Game Gear works, great bright picture but no sound.  :(
Tested the battery pack and I can get no life out of it, the charge light doesn't come on.  :(
At least all the games worked great  :)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #274 on: June 01, 2013, 08:00:27 pm »
I paid $30 for the Sega Game Gear stuff and the Gameboy games. Sadly both Gamegears need capacitors and I had to replace the Pokemon battery. I used the battery out of the NES Baseball Stars that I had that didn't display correctly. The board was very corroded on the Baseball  Stars. Pokemon works perfectly now. The Sega battery packs also need new batteries.

Dang I almost found the same thing, Mine was Black model, 3 games, the hip battery pack and carrying case all for $5.
After testing it out the Game Gear works, great bright picture but no sound.  :(
Tested the battery pack and I can get no life out of it, the charge light doesn't come on.  :(
At least all the games worked great  :)

In most cases, with Game Gears that have bad sound, the headphone jack still outputs sound. I hook up computer speakers to my Game Gear through the headphone jack when I play, for this exact reason.

« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:26 pm »
Latest games to arrive were two games that I thought were really obvious but it seems like most people don't know they exist -

(That's Ogre Battle Gaiden for the Neo Geo Pocket on the left)

I'm a big fan of the Ogre Battle series and I had no idea about this game.  I'm still hoping we see another someday...