Author Topic: WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!  (Read 4879 times)

patrickmeansly

WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:16:22 pm »
SO BUY THE END OF THE MONTH, I WILL HAVE ROUGHLY 400 DOLLARS TO SPEND ON AN EXPENSIVE RARE GAME ON EBAY.  UNFORTUNATELY, THATS TOO MUCH FOR A GAME BUT YES, I DO WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY.  OTHER THAN JOBS, I HAVE AN EBAY STORE WHERE I SELL MY DUPLICATES, AND I SELL ITEMS FOR OTHERS I KNOW AND MAKE EXTRA MONEY THAT WAY AS WELL.  ANYWAYS, CONSIDERING AGE, RARITY, GAMES GETTING HARD TO FIND, ETC. OUT OF THE FOLLOWING LIST, WHICH GAME (COMPLETE IN BOX), DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD GET MY HANDS ON:

*  PANZER DRAGOON SAGA (SEGA SATURN)

* DUCK TALES 2 (NES)

* CHIP N DALE 2 (NES)

* IF I CANNOT FIND EARTHBOUND THAT CHEAP, SHOULD I SAVE FOR EARTHBOUND?

* SNOW BROTHERS (NES)

* SPIDERMAN FOR THE SEGA 32X IF I CAN FIND IT

* POKEMON BLUE, RED AND YELLOW COMPLETE FOR GAME BOY

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!  THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND USER SIN2BETA, I REALLY WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK AS WELL

soera

Re: WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:20:37 pm »
Before you buy a game, you should invest in a caps lock button!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »
I'd say Duck Tales 2. I love good NES games, and that's one of the best. Super-fun platformer that I wish I never would have gotten rid of as a kid.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »

lol

Is Earthbound really above 400 dollars now?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

patrickmeansly

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »

LOL SOERA,  I SEE YOU ALWAYS CONFRONT ME ABOUT A CAPS LOCK BUTTON.  I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS FOR MY JOB SO ITS A HABBIT AND I LOVE TYPING IN CAPS.  SORRY BUT YOU PROB WONT FIND ME TYPING IN LOWER CASE THAT MUCH LOL.  GET USED TO IT LOL ;)

patrickmeansly

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:29:01 pm »

lol

Is Earthbound really above 400 dollars now?

THE ONES I SEE COMPLETE RANGE FROM 450 TO 800 DOLLARS.  HAVENT CHECKED TO SEE IF PEOPLE BUY THEM FOR THAT MUCH, BUT THEY LIST FOR THAT MUCH COMPLETE UNFORTUNATELY.  CARTRIDGE ONLY IS 200-275.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 09:31:18 pm »
I'd say Duck Tales 2. I love good NES games, and that's one of the best. Super-fun platformer that I wish I never would have gotten rid of as a kid.

AWW MAN.  IF ONLY WE COULD GO BACK AS KIDS AND KNOW WHAT WOULD BE VALUABLE.  CAN YOU BELIEVE I USED TO HAVE THE FLINTSTONES NES GAME (DINOSAUR PEAK)????!!  I ALWAYS RENTED IT ALONG WITH MARIO IS MISSING FROM A RENTAL STORE DOWN THE STREET AND KEPT IT ONE DAY WHEN THE STORE CLOSED DOWN.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT FLINTSTONES GAME.  BUT YES I WAS THINKING DUCK TALES 2 AS WELL.  I LOVED THE FIRST ONE AS A KID BUT NEVER PLAYED PART 2

patrickmeansly

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »
IF ANYONE HAS A SUGGESTION OF GAME I DO NOT HAVE LISTED, THATS FINE.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE GAME.

htimreimer

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:43 pm »

LOL SOERA,  I SEE YOU ALWAYS CONFRONT ME ABOUT A CAPS LOCK BUTTON.  I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS FOR MY JOB SO ITS A HABBIT AND I LOVE TYPING IN CAPS.  SORRY BUT YOU PROB WONT FIND ME TYPING IN LOWER CASE THAT MUCH LOL.  GET USED TO IT LOL ;)
don't worry about the caps lock, i have a bad english skills and no one on this site seems to mad at it

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 10:14:13 pm »
Save for earthbound at another, personally out of your list I would go for Panzer Dragoon Saga

haloofthesun

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:35 pm »
For me personally I'd go for one of the 3 NES games, all of them are excellent.

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 10:54:57 pm »
Quick answer... I would go for Panzer Dragoon Saga. Long answer is below...

You seem to like the 32x. You could continue that or put the 400 toward basically every other 32x game besides Spiderman and go for that set.

This question is tough for me to answer, because I wouldn't go for any of those. My average game costs less than $5. I refuse to spend more than $20 on a game. $20 also has to be a fairly recent game that I really want to play. The last game I spent $20 on was Forza Horizon. I'm definitely a collector, but I've never collected exclusively expensive games. I actually most enjoy hunting down great games for cheap.

To better answer your question, are you merely collecting? looking for a good game? looking for the flavor of the week game? Basically what are your collecting goals?

If you are collecting, I would put that $400 into the previous generation. Now is the time to collect XBox, PS2 and Gamecube games. This is where a lot of collectors put their efforts.

If you are looking for a good game, I don't know if I would suggest any of those.

Another question that actually is pertinent, how long have you been collecting? What got you into collecting. Any system that is nostalgic?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 12:03:52 am »
To better answer your question, are you merely collecting? looking for a good game? looking for the flavor of the week game? Basically what are your collecting goals?

This is a very good point - are you buying this game to play? Are you buying it to improve/complete a collection? Is this your first entry in the great internet willy-waving contest?

Also, I've got to say that if you can take the time to create a topic and type 759 characters in caps then you can take the time to make that 760 and take off caps lock before you start typing - your job is irrelevant, it's accepted internet "culture" (if you like) that caps = shouting. So you're shouting at everyone here, and your response is "get used to it" - at least understand why this is a problem.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 04:12:18 am »

This is a very good point - are you buying this game to play? Are you buying it to improve/complete a collection? Is this your first entry in the great internet willy-waving contest?

Also, I've got to say that if you can take the time to create a topic and type 759 characters in caps then you can take the time to make that 760 and take off caps lock before you start typing - your job is irrelevant, it's accepted internet "culture" (if you like) that caps = shouting. So you're shouting at everyone here, and your response is "get used to it" - at least understand why this is a problem.

MY JOB IS ON THE SAME LAPTOP USED TO TYPE THIS POST.  I KEEP MY LAPTOP ON CAPS FOR MY JOB AND NEVER TAKE IT OFF.  SO WHEN I TYPE ALMOST ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET, ITS IN CAPS SO MY JOB IS RELEVANT.  I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH TYPING IN CAPS, AND THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR I HAVE HAD INTERNET IN MY HOME AND I HAVE USED IT OVER THE PAST YEAR MORE THAN ANYTIME IN MY LIFE.  WHEN YOU HAVE HAD NOTHING AND BEEN HOMELESS, YOU DONT CARE TO SEE WHAT "INTERNET CULTURE" IS.  IF ANYONE TAKES IT AS SHOUTING, THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT SOMEONE ASSUMING THATS WHAT I AM DOING BC I AM NOT.  I TYPE IN CAPS FOR WORK, I TYPE IN CAPS FOR MY WEBSITE, EMAILS, CRAIGSLIST, ETC AND I LOVE TYPING IN CAPS.  THERE IS NO RULE BOOK THAT SAYS "TYPING IN CAPS MEANS SHOUTING".  SORRY BUT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS.  I AM ONLY TYPING ALL THIS NOW BC IT HAS GOTTEN UNDER MY SKIN A LITTLE BIT BECAUSE NO ONE ON HERE KNOWS WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH WITH MY LIFE, NOR KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TO DO ONLINE FOR WORK. 

P.S. FOR ANY "INTERNET CULTURES" SAKE, I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER, FACEBOOK, MYSPACE OR ANY SOCIAL NETWORKING ACCOUNT NOR EVEN A SMART PHONE.  I GUESS PEOPLE WILL TAKE OFFENSE TO ME BEING AGAINST HAVING A FACEBOOK AS WELL???

patrickmeansly

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 04:25:19 am »
Quick answer... I would go for Panzer Dragoon Saga. Long answer is below...

You seem to like the 32x. You could continue that or put the 400 toward basically every other 32x game besides Spiderman and go for that set.

This question is tough for me to answer, because I wouldn't go for any of those. My average game costs less than $5. I refuse to spend more than $20 on a game. $20 also has to be a fairly recent game that I really want to play. The last game I spent $20 on was Forza Horizon. I'm definitely a collector, but I've never collected exclusively expensive games. I actually most enjoy hunting down great games for cheap.

If you are collecting, I would put that $400 into the previous generation. Now is the time to collect XBox, PS2 and Gamecube games. This is where a lot of collectors put their efforts.

If you are looking for a good game, I don't know if I would suggest any of those.

Another question that actually is pertinent, how long have you been collecting? What got you into collecting. Any system that is nostalgic?

GREAT POINT SIN2BETA.  I SHOULD OF THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING ALL THE 32X GAMES OTHER THAN SPIDERMAN. HERE IS THE ANSWERS TO YOUR ALL OF YOUR EXCELLENT DETAILED QUESTIONS:

I ALWAYS LOVED THE CLASSICS AS A CHILD (SNES, NES, N64 ETC) AND LAST YEAR, I FOUND MOST OF MY SAME SYSTEMS I OWNED AS A KID IN STORAGE BOXES FROM MY MOMS.  SO I BROUGHT ALL THOSE OUT AND STARTED PLAYING THEM AND REALIZED HOW MUCH I USED TO LOVE GAMES AND THEY MADE ME VERY HAPPY.  AT THE SAME TIME, I NEEDED EXTRA MONEY FOR BILLS, SO I INVESTED SOME OF MY DREAMCAST AND GENESIS GAMES, SOLD THEM ON EBAY AND STARTED MAKING 500-700 A MONTH ON EBAY FOR BILLS.  I THEN STARTED GOING TO MY LOCAL GOOD WILL WAREHOUSE A FEW TIMES A WEEK WHERE I WOULD FIND PS2 CONSOLES, PLAYSTATION 1, N64, NES, ETC THAT I BUY FOR 5.00 EACH.  I WOULD SELL THEM ON EBAY FOR 30.00 TO 60.00 DEPENDING ON THE CONDITION AND TIMING.  I BEGAN REALIZING THAT I WOULD FIND SO MANY SPORTS GAMES AT MY LOCAL GOOD WILL RETAIL STORES AND THE 1 THRIFT STORE I HAVE IN MY CITY.  BUT ONLY SPORTS GAMES UNFORTUNATELY.  AS I BEGAN LEARNING THE GOOD WILL AND THRIFT STORE SYSTEM AND MY LOCAL FLEA MARKET AND EBAY COMPETITION, I LEARNED THAT MANAGERS OF MY LOCAL THRIFT AND GOOD WILL STORES, HOLD BACK THE GOOD COMPLETE GAMES AND GREAT CONDITION SYSTEMS, TO SELL TO SELECT PEOPLE WHO PAY THEM BACK DOOR MONEY.  AS A RESULT, I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING ANY GREAT DEALS THIS WAY FOR CLASSIC GAMES.  MY BEST BET IS TO GET LUCKY ON EBAY, AND THERE MAY HAVE BEEN ONLY 1 TIME THAT I GOT LUCKY ON A GAME AND THAT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL.  JUST A N64 GAME NOT A SPORTS GAME.  OTHER THAN THAT, ONLY SPORTS GAMES.  SO I STILL CHECK STORES, BUT THE ODDS ARE EXTREMELY SLIM WHEN SOMEONE ELSE PAYS THE MGR TO HOLD BACK MERCHANDISE.  SO HERE IN MY CITY, THAT IDEA IS OUT THE DOOR FOR ME.  I COLLECT BECAUSE I LOVE GAMES AND THE PRESENCE MAKES ME HAPPY.  FOR NES, I PICKED OUT A SELECT 30 GAMES OR SO ON A WISH LIST, SAME FOR SNES AND GENESIS.  FOR N64, TURBOGRAFX 16, SEGA 32X AND SEGA CD ALONG WITH DREAMCAST, MY GOAL IS TO COLLECT ALL NTSC US GAMES RELEASED OFFICIALLY.  THE REASON I BACKED OFF THE 32X FOR A MOMENT, WAS WHEN I REALIZED THAT NES GAMES ARE GETTING MORE SCARCE BY THE DAY SO IT MADE ME WANT TO COMPLETE MY WISH LIST FOR NES AND SNES FIRST, THEN GET BACK TO 32X AND THE OTHERS.  THATS WHY I CREATED A PROFILE ON THIS SITE TO KEEP UP WITH ALL MY WISH LIST AND COMPLETED LIST.  I ALSO HAVE A WORD DOCUMENT AND EXCEL TO KEEP ORGANIZED WHICH IS SAVED TO A FLASH DRIVE. 

SO MY GOALS IS REALLY TO COMPLETE MY LIST, WHICH AT THE END, GIVES ME GREAT GAMES TO PLAY THAT I LOVE, AND TO HAVE CLASSICS AND RARE GAMES THAT MAY BE WORTH SOMETHING ONE DAY THAT I CAN SELL 50 YEARS LATER AND GIVE THE MONEY TO MY KIDS.  I READ SOMETHING ABOUT PANZER DRAGOON SAGA ONLY HAD A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF COPIES RELEASED IN US, WHICH IS WHY I PUT IT HERE ON THE POST.  OTHER THAN A LIMITED GAMECUBE AND XBOX GAMES, MY MAIN COLLECTING GOALS ARE FOR THE RETRO CONSOLES.  MAY SOUND FUNNY BUT I HAVE NOT PLAYED AN XBOX SINCE 2005 AND ONLY PLAYED A 360 AND PS3 ONLY ONCE OR TWICE IN MY LIFE.  I DO LIKE THE PANZER DRAGOON SAGA, BUT ALSO LIKE THE NES GAMES.  I'LL FIGURE IT OUT THO BY THE END OF THE MONTH.