Author Topic: Arcade PCBs  (Read 1280 times)

Arcade PCBs
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:03:48 pm »
hello, did i miss a way to catalog arcade PCBs?
I see I'm able to do the Capcom CPS stuff but other boards like Konami's Aliens or Data East's RoboCop dont have a category.

thanks

Re: Arcade PCBs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 01:07:05 pm »
Arcade section's a right mess :/ I asked ages ago about sorting it out, but it's obviously not a priority the way consoles and modern hardware is*.

*I mean this sincerely, as in "It's really not a priority because there's only a handful of us that collect PCBs, other areas should come first" not *snark-mode activated* "Oh I see you're too busy for the likes of us!" *stink eye look*

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »
Ah well. It'll happen when it happens. Can I list my Ouya yet? Lol

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 02:54:47 pm »
A category "Arcade PCBs" would be all we need. It would be up to us to submit info anyway

insektmute

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »
I don't collect PCBs (yet), but if it does get all sorted out, it'd be nice to be able to indicate a little more detail - i.e. PGM2, Atomiswave, CPS2, etc.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »
I don't collect PCBs (yet), but if it does get all sorted out, it'd be nice to be able to indicate a little more detail - i.e. PGM2, Atomiswave, CPS2, etc.

yea. but i have boards that dont have categories like that. at least ones like my street fighter 1 and street fighter the movie and sfex are not "CPS" models..

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:41 pm »
Perhaps a category for JAMMA boards? I think Streetfighter would fall under that? Although that could get interesting as a lot of the systems (like CPS2) are JAMMA compatible as well.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 02:26:12 am »
I'd do it the way I mentioned ages ago in another thread:

Arcade cabinets - for "official" (as in, Sega/Konami/Namco/SNK/Capcom,etc manufactured) cabinets. Either dedicated (an original Virtua Fighter 2 cab) or generic (a Blast City cab).

Motherboards - CPS2 A boards, MVS/PGM/Atomiswave motherboards and similar.

Games for motherboards - Any game that requires one of the above to run

Dedicated PCBs - Games that connect directly to the JAMMA/JVS/whatever wiring inside a cab and have no removable game, such as Soul Edge, Rodland, Strider, etc.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I do think that'd be better than the current system.

insektmute

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 04:01:40 pm »
That's pretty much what I was getting at, kimimi - you just illustrated it much better :p