Author Topic: FLINTSTONES DINOSAUR PEAK  (Read 3841 times)

patrickmeansly

Re: FLINTSTONES DINOSAUR PEAK
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:38 am »

i agree about the thrill of hunting is fun.  I did that a couple of times but you have to drive so far to do so because there is nothing near bye, i'd rather just buy on ebay.  last time I went game hunting i spent over 40 just in gas.   and it wasnt as far as i should have gone.  if i hit up the nearest big cities or outskirts of the big cities, i would spend over 100 or so in gas.  its tough for my situation and especially with no local game stores.
[/quote]

Lol I am in the same boat man. Nearest goodwill is 25 miles or soo. nearest fleamarket is about 20 miles and I drive a 95 suburban. gas aint cheap but maybe you could gather some peeps to chip in for gas, if not there has to be some kind of reseller of sorts or some kind of thirft store. A guy that sells furniture and novelty's around here even had a dunk hunt(he also said he had a sealed Atari not to long ago). sometimes pawn shops have them. or yard sales.. they are the best. I never go cause I never get up early enough for them:(.... Wait.... why you worried about gas when u would be spending over 1000 on a game :P
[/quote]

Ha   ;) thats a good one lol.  I would like to clarify tho, that the listing was 2600, I would not spend over 1000.  I figured maybe 800-1000 at the max only if im feeling it at that time.  I figured since I want games complete in box, and the cartridge ranges from 500-700, i might as well get the rest.  I feel its an investment too, because i think one day it will be very very hard to find and worth a lot more than 3000.  But per the gas, the chances of getting the flintstones game while driving out of town game hunting, is just not common enough.  When I watch videos on youtube on people having these so called miraculous flea market and thrift store finds, I just honestly dont believe them.  I have been goodwill hunting  ;D, for a looonng time, and never came across any deals or rare games like they do.  maybe in a big city like boston, new york or something you will, but not a smaller.  so unfortunately, instead of driving, I could just order it and have it delivered to me.  But I am considering getting just the cartridge first, then get the manual when it pops up for 100-150, and the box for a reasonable price. 

and per your experience about not going down on prices, thats exactly how it goes.  good will does not go down on any prices here.  they tell me "in 2 weeks, we mark down un sold items 10 percent, and then 10 percent for each week".  go back in 2 weeks, and price not marked down and they wont sell it cheaper.  here after a month, goodwill ships their unsold merchandise to the good will warehouse for shoppers to pick through bins.  I was doing that a while, but all you can find are broken ps2's and xboxs.  I actually started my ebay business like that.  i bought them for 5 a piece, and sold broken ps2s for 30-50 dollars.  People actually buy them.  but that all stopped, when a flea market seller started paying them to hold back gaming merchandise for him.  I have to result to Ebay to buy games :-[

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 01:30:52 pm »
Would I pay that much for Flintstones 2? No. I might go $500 if I had the money on hand but I just cant justify paying over that myself. I think the most I ever payed for a Single game was $300 and that was tough.

So Flea, how did you acquire all your Metal Slug AES for less than $300 per game? Are they conversions?
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

blipcs76

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:34 am »
A guy that sells furniture and novelty's around here even had a dunk hunt(he also said he had a sealed Atari not to long ago). sometimes pawn shops have them. or yard sales.. they are the best.

Don't discount pawn shops.  While I've never found anything extremely rare in one, I did find a copy of Shadowrun (SNES) for $6 in a pawn shop that looked like they only sold guns and horse supplies.  I also picked up Final Fantasy Anthology for $2, Personal FES for $3, and Battletoads (CIB) for $10 at pawn shops.  I'd suggest avoiding the ones that look newer or get a lot of traffic for obvious reasons.

Then again, I hit a dingy old pawn shop recently where I had high hopes, and all they had were 2-3 common PS2 games for $20 each.

sin2beta

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:23 pm »
A guy that sells furniture and novelty's around here even had a dunk hunt(he also said he had a sealed Atari not to long ago). sometimes pawn shops have them. or yard sales.. they are the best.

Don't discount pawn shops.  While I've never found anything extremely rare in one, I did find a copy of Shadowrun (SNES) for $6 in a pawn shop that looked like they only sold guns and horse supplies.  I also picked up Final Fantasy Anthology for $2, Personal FES for $3, and Battletoads (CIB) for $10 at pawn shops.  I'd suggest avoiding the ones that look newer or get a lot of traffic for obvious reasons.

Then again, I hit a dingy old pawn shop recently where I had high hopes, and all they had were 2-3 common PS2 games for $20 each.

John Hancock, a collector out of washington states that he found his copy of Snatcher on SEGA CD at a pawnshop. It was sealed behind the counter. It had been sitting there unnoticed for years apparently. He picked it up for a couple of bucks.

This is definitely not the norm though. But if you find someone slipping, it's probably going to be a flea market, pawn shop, or craigslist. It takes time, but that's where the hunt is.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »

John Hancock, a collector out of washington states that he found his copy of Snatcher on SEGA CD at a pawnshop. It was sealed behind the counter. It had been sitting there unnoticed for years apparently. He picked it up for a couple of bucks.

This is definitely not the norm though. But if you find someone slipping, it's probably going to be a flea market, pawn shop, or craigslist. It takes time, but that's where the hunt is.

that's just the way game chasing goes ;D

sin2beta

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:48 pm »

that's just the way game chasing goes ;D

Oh, great! Another box of useless $#!^  ;D

I had actually never used the word slipping before that show. Now I don't even realize I say it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 11:24:58 pm »
Since this thread has taken that turn, have you seen that these two chuckleheads are putting one a retro expo?  Retropalooza is going to be in Arlington, TX on Sept. 28th. I'm going to be there. I had to choose between that and OVGE. Since OVGE never got a solid date or update the website, I decided on Dallas.
As a bonus Norm, The Gaming Historian, is going to be there too.
If anyone decides to make that trip, I'm going to have a vendor booth unloading all my doubles and stuff I don't really want.

darko

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 11:27:57 pm »
Honestly, I wouldn't pay that much. Maybe 1000, maybe.

I think the most I've spent on a single game was 240. It's a horrible but rare title. It's really just an investment towards a trade for a CIB Hagane.

sin2beta

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »
Pat the NES Punk recently did a decent video on it. I'm not always a fan of his humor. But for some reason, I am a big fan of his videos. Anyways, he talks about the recent price jump on the game and it being caused by speculators around the 11 minute mark. Worth a listen. But the whole video is worth it in my opinion.

http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=10919