Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35447 times)

maximo310

Re: Music thread
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2014, 01:10:14 am »
I've been diggin' this lately in music interests.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:17:36 am by maximo310 »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2014, 08:36:36 am »
Let me post one, Urban Dance Squad.

Warmsignal

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:22 pm »
Now I'm on a Deftones kick. Man, I missed a lot of great albums by these guys!

thekosmickollector

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »
Found this song recently and it's honestly my new favourite :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJQEf9q6go

maximo310

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »
I really want to get this soundtrack at some point, because of that instrumentation:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:38:34 am by maximo310 »

maximo310

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2014, 01:39:25 am »
This just got airred on the Late Show with David Letterman:

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2014, 01:52:35 am »
This just got airred on the Late Show with David Letterman:

This is just crazy to see.  They've done events with her in America, but to see them put her on television is pretty cool lol Next we are gonna see Babymetal for sure lol

As for new music, I'm stoked for the new Ziltoid album from Devin Townsend.

Warmsignal

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2015, 05:29:45 pm »
So I'm resurrecting this thread because, I dunno, I like to babel about things related to music I like.

I don't know why so many bands I enjoy tend to be so unstable. I've been waiting for like 8 years for a new album from the band Band New. They're one of those bands that kind of wants to be a band, but they kind of don't. The vocalist obviously hates fame and wasn't cut out for the mainstream, but he writes good songs. So he comes out and says they'll have a new record soon but basically he doesn't want to do it anymore. Which is the same thing he did with the last record, it came out, they toured for like two weeks, then disappeared for years without any explanation. I can understand though somewhat. I've always enjoyed creating music, but I never really had any desire to be a musician, the lifestyle just never appealed to me.

I've been attempting to rekindle my love for playing, as I was recently given a proposition to play drums with some guy to start up a band. I dunno if I'll take it or not. I've also been going through a pretty nostalgic period myself, listening to some of my old stuff that my friend and I did back in the day. I can't believe how long it's already been. I'm feeling a bit rusty too, trying to pick it back up. I've been thinking of putting up a Bandcamp page for it, since it's basically going to waste now as I'm the only one who still has any of it. We were studio only project for the most part, though we played a few live sets, once just to record it and then no one ever saw that either. It was great times though, and for me thats what it's all about.

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2015, 08:49:01 pm »
I just rediscovered this band and figured I should share it with y'all... This is also my favorite song based on a video game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2015, 09:36:23 am »
Have y'all heard the Stone Sour/Lzzy Hale cover of Gimme Shelter?  So stinking good!

gf78

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2015, 11:43:37 am »
Have y'all heard the Stone Sour/Lzzy Hale cover of Gimme Shelter?  So stinking good!

Haven't heard it, but Stone Sour rocks and Lzzy Hale is a beautiful, magical creature so I'm gonna have to find this!  Speaking of that Turf, have you heard the Adrenaline Mob/Lzzy Hale cover of Duran Duran's Come Undone?  Fantastic!  David Draiman's Device side project also has a duel with Lzzy covering Lita Ford's Close My Eyes Forever.  Another great track!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2015, 11:44:39 am »
My nephew and I are going to see Iron Maiden in Chicago in April!  Can't wait as I've been dying to see them live!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »
Blast Some Motorhead tonight guys RIP Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2015, 08:22:37 pm »
R.I.P. Lemmy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2015, 08:23:38 pm »
I recently got "Chevelle - Wonder What's Next" CD off of 99Gamers.com.

I've always liked this band from the songs I've heard on the radio ("Send the Pain Below", "Red", and "Jars"). But I hadn't heard an entire album by them until I just got this.

I missed out on a great band! It's like Staind and Tool had the sex, and a beautiful rock baby named Chevelle came out.

Give these guys a chance beyond just their normal radio hits. At least the first album I can vouch for. You won't regret it if you like that bass-y, progressive, melodic with an edge; hard to describe Tool sound.