Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35428 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Music thread
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2021, 12:52:46 pm »
I've been going through a late 90's/early 00's punk playlist I put together [...]

Punk? Isn't that the type of music where kids cut each other with razor blades and knives?

That's Emo you're thinking of.

pzeke

« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2021, 12:54:54 pm »
I've been going through a late 90's/early 00's punk playlist I put together [...]

Punk? Isn't that the type of music where kids cut each other with razor blades and knives?

/whoosh

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2021, 05:55:11 am »
While they haven't gone out of style at all, I feel like getting a soundtrack for a movie is much less common these days than they use to be, especially since CD's aren't as big of a thing as they use to be, but what were movie soundtracks you were into? I had nostalgia spurred by something recently thinking about this and I know one of the top of my head right away was I'd walk around my town listening to the Gone in 60 Seconds soundtrack.  It's kind of abnormal for what I was even listening to at the time, with like hip hop, alt rock, and electronic stuff, but particularly the more electronic stuff kinda hooked me, like Stop the Rock, Flower, and Busy Child.

I know there is another one or two from around this time that hooked me, but my dumb brain is struggling to remember, I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. 

Also randomly, all this electronic music reminded me of that popular Fatboy Slim song from that time with Christopher Walkens dancing in it and turns out they re-released in 4k and it's crazy to think I'm looking at it in better quality now than I did online years ago in the early 00's lol Also it's funny watching this now in such high quality, because you can clearly see the stunt doubles way more clearly now when Walken has to like jump off stuff lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2021, 08:51:33 pm »

/whoosh

Screamo is another subgenre of Emo according to what I read, I probably never heard any Emo before but I've heard Screamo, and it's basically just guys in their teens and 20's just shouting and yelling (at the top of their lungs) out lyrics that only some people are able to understand what they are even saying.

Death metal and Black metal is the vary next step down the Screamo latter. Only Death Metal has more of a growling like screamo type of lyrics, and Black metal is pretty much the same as Death only it's more for hard core fans of the Death and Screamo/Emo latter. My sister used to listen to all of the above AND just about everything I listen to as well. Except I don't think she ever listened to any torcher soundtracks AND NO not she is not a Satan worshiper either, she just used to like growling metal for some reason.

I'm guessing that people listen to that kind of metal because it lets out their aggression and frustration, but that only my guess on the take. :-\
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 09:06:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2021, 08:58:51 pm »
While they haven't gone out of style at all, I feel like getting a soundtrack for a movie is much less common these days than they use to be, especially since CD's aren't as big of a thing as they use to be, but what were movie soundtracks you were into? I had nostalgia spurred by something recently thinking about this and I know one of the top of my head right away was I'd walk around my town listening to the Gone in 60 Seconds soundtrack.  It's kind of abnormal for what I was even listening to at the time, with like hip hop, alt rock, and electronic stuff, but particularly the more electronic stuff kinda hooked me, like Stop the Rock, Flower, and Busy Child.

I know there is another one or two from around this time that hooked me, but my dumb brain is struggling to remember, I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. 

Also randomly, all this electronic music reminded me of that popular Fatboy Slim song from that time with Christopher Walkens dancing in it and turns out they re-released in 4k and it's crazy to think I'm looking at it in better quality now than I did online years ago in the early 00's lol Also it's funny watching this now in such high quality, because you can clearly see the stunt doubles way more clearly now when Walken has to like jump off stuff lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

Purple Rain's the movie soundtrack is another movie soundtrack that is actually vary good in my opinion, it was made by the famous Pop/Rock 1980's Singer and band called
"Prince And The Revolution" If any of you grew up listening to the radio in the 1980's, or 1990's and so on.

Might have heard the famous song "When The Doves Cry" or the Song called " Purple Rain" I'm sure if you heard the song I'm sure anyone might have heard them before on the radio.

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2021, 03:45:37 pm »

/whoosh

Screamo is another subgenre of Emo according to what I read, I probably never heard any Emo before but I've heard Screamo, and it's basically just guys in their teens and 20's just shouting and yelling (at the top of their lungs) out lyrics that only some people are able to understand what they are even saying.

Death metal and Black metal is the vary next step down the Screamo latter. Only Death Metal has more of a growling like screamo type of lyrics, and Black metal is pretty much the same as Death only it's more for hard core fans of the Death and Screamo/Emo latter. My sister used to listen to all of the above AND just about everything I listen to as well. Except I don't think she ever listened to any torcher soundtracks AND NO not she is not a Satan worshiper either, she just used to like growling metal for some reason.

I'm guessing that people listen to that kind of metal because it lets out their aggression and frustration, but that only my guess on the take. :-\
Black and Death metal came before Screamo and neither had much influence on Screamo.

pzeke

« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2021, 05:04:22 am »
Screamo

Yuck.

Anyway, I guess my post continues to fly over everyone's head...and I'm actually content with it.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2021, 05:14:45 am »
Screamo

Yuck.

Anyway, I guess my post continues to fly over everyone's head...and I'm actually content with it.

I agree with you! I don't like Screamo either, I never understood why so many people like it :-\

NO APPS NEEDED

Warmsignal

« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2021, 10:16:23 am »
Screamo (and emo) while not technically a genre, is a label which encompasses a lot of things, most of which are rooted in some fashion from the hardcore punk scene and having almost nothing to do with heavy metal. It's some of the best music produced by my generation and frankly if you don't like it, you are probably lame. Aside from the technical death metal scene, there's been relatively little else that's even notable to come out of gen Y. Our pop music was absolute garbage, our rock music was terribly cookie cutter crap, our hip-hop was comically abysmal, and our country the most embarrassing yet.

Of course, music is one of the most subjective things ever. Everyone has their own take on it and that's just fine. My take is your favorite band is crap, and screamo for the win.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:17:57 am by Warmsignal »

pzeke

« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2021, 12:39:36 pm »
[...] and screamo for the win.

That explains a lot...

« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2021, 09:21:18 pm »
[...] and screamo for the win.

That's fine with me, I'll listen to what I like and you can listen to what you like ;)

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2021, 10:37:22 pm »
It's some of the best music produced by my generation and frankly if you don't like it, you are probably lame. Aside from the technical death metal scene, there's been relatively little else that's even notable to come out of gen Y.

As a Gen Y according to it ranging back to 1981, I do not support this statement lol

I'm just poking fun, I actually tried to find some screamo bands to see if I ever listened to them, but it seems like a lot of people think "screamo" are just metalcore or post-hardcore bands, and even then, I've barely listened to that genre outside of a couple bands, so I'm pretty sure I've listened to no screamo.  Mid-2000's, I was listening to older bands doingstuff or I was listening to other bands that had put out stuff in the 2000's like Dragonforce, 3 Inches of Blood, Lamb of God, etc...

Warmsignal

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2021, 09:26:19 pm »
It's some of the best music produced by my generation and frankly if you don't like it, you are probably lame. Aside from the technical death metal scene, there's been relatively little else that's even notable to come out of gen Y.

As a Gen Y according to it ranging back to 1981, I do not support this statement lol

I'm just poking fun, I actually tried to find some screamo bands to see if I ever listened to them, but it seems like a lot of people think "screamo" are just metalcore or post-hardcore bands, and even then, I've barely listened to that genre outside of a couple bands, so I'm pretty sure I've listened to no screamo.  Mid-2000's, I was listening to older bands doingstuff or I was listening to other bands that had put out stuff in the 2000's like Dragonforce, 3 Inches of Blood, Lamb of God, etc...

If born in 1981, an aspiring musician likely would not have not have bore fruit until at least the late 90s. By that point they'd be in their late teens which is usually when most start their music careers and that sounds about right. I dig a lot of music from the late 90s through the late 2000s and into the 2010s. If you're talking bands that were already performing or peaking in their careers from the 80s and through the 90s, those weren't millennials they were the gen X'ers.

But yeah, a lot of what gets labeled screamo is essentially post-hardcore of some fashion. You have the more avant-garde variety like The Number Twelve Looks Like You, Blood Brothers, Fear Before, Rolo Tomassi.... the pop-infused variety like Pierce the Veil, Senses Fail, Silverstein, and then the more orthodox post-hardcore like Title Fight, Sunny Deal Real Estate, Pianos Become The Teeth, etc. I kinda like all of that sort of stuff. Never could get into the "metalcore", although that scene in itself was freaking HUGE... I've always struggled to get into most things metal, outside of some progressive.

Check out the song Grandfather by The Number Twelve Looks Like You. It's an awesome blend of screamo with some progressive.

Flashback2012

« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2021, 12:32:52 am »
As an old fart, enjoy this song from 1970... Give Me Just A Little More Time by the Chairmen of the Board    :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:36:29 am by Flashback2012 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2021, 01:59:19 pm »
I like it. I actually enjoy a lot of pop music from the 60s and 70s, that was probably the golden age for pop music. It's hard to fathom an era when turning on the radio resulted in hearing pleasant songs.

Today's pop music is like you don't know if it's meant to make you laugh at the absurdity, cry, or cringe on behalf of all humanity.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:01:17 pm by Warmsignal »