Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35432 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Music thread
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2021, 02:00:38 pm »
Double post.... but I just found  this and thought it was pretty rad.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:04:04 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2021, 06:12:21 pm »
late night vibes...  calm chillhop beats
click

« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2021, 08:12:44 pm »
I recently started listening to Kenny G. Sounds like being inside of a Kmart!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2021, 11:41:40 pm »
Discovered this band through an ad on YouTube while listening to Insomnium.

Pretty damn cool Metalcore song. I will be exploring them more. Just wanted to share in the awesomeness. \m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPVJv6S_c0

« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2021, 05:09:15 am »
I'm absolutely hooked on the Happy Turtle battle theme from the Yuffie DLC in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.  I unironically love this and another similar song with "Crazy Chocobo" from back with FFXIII-2 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ioTqXJIQc

telly

« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2021, 10:39:07 pm »
Listening to Hiatus Kaiyote's Mood Valiant. After 6 years it's great to hear a new project from them. Really digging the record right now, feels like a more polished and mature follow up to Choose Your Weapon.  :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2021, 10:20:59 pm »
Jimmy Eat World is one of those bands I wrote off for ages because I didn't care for "The Middle" and would hear it played over and over again. Then I sort of realized, I actually like every other song I've heard by them. Why not start at the beginning? So I picked up "Static Prevails", debut album. Raw, noisy, volatile, a bit on the amateur side. Good stuff, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W56ZSF4RblE&list=OLAK5uy_mBwUaQPADX6ZtDVom0I6mBSll89IJTQFc
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:31:27 pm by Warmsignal »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2021, 09:34:14 pm »
RIP

Joey Jordison (46) - Drummer of Slipknot

and

Dusty Hill (72) - Bassist ZZ TOP

« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2021, 09:54:52 pm »
Dusty Hill is a real bummer, I grew up listening to ZZ Top on the radio all the time.  In particular, while Gibbons does most of the vocals, Dusty Hill was a solid singer himself, in particular Tush maybe could be his most well known song he was lead on and is a great tune.  He will certainly be missed.

Joey was a surprise just because he was only in his 40's, which real rough.  It's sad he never got to seemingly sort things out with Slipknot, do some stuff with them again.

Another to add to this was Mike Howe, he was singer for Metal Church in the 90's and then reunited with them in the 2010's.  I don't know him as much from that stuff, I listened more to their first two albums and their 2000's output, but I listened to some of the stuff from the 2010's and its a bummer for him to have passed after only having reunited a few years back.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2021, 08:20:06 pm »
Anyone here like the band In This Moment?

Just wondering. Love the band. Great music, and Maria Brink (the lead singer) is sexiest woman in metal.

« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2021, 09:34:19 pm »
Anyone here like the band In This Moment?

Just wondering. Love the band. Great music, and Maria Brink (the lead singer) is sexiest woman in metal.

I tried to get into them abit, but mostly I dug the song Roots, their cover of Call Me, and Black Wedding is great with Rob Halford.

« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2021, 03:04:33 am »
Where does everyone shop for music? My mom is giving me some rock/metal CD's she found at Doller Tree for $1 USD a piece, she found one CD with the lead singer for Great White band in it.

Personally I have not hd enough money to by any music for my radio station latly but I do have over 16,000 songs in the stream playlist at the moment, personally I like to shop at Walmart for music, when I get the chance I am going to buy some more music for my radio station. The listeners have dwindled to maybe 5-7 per day since VLC decided to take my station off their playlist and put others in rotation instead :( it was fun to get 1000 listeners in one day while it lasted VLC is currently one of the only apps that has listeners only people who have not updated VLC can see my broadcast on VLC in which sucks.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2021, 11:49:58 am »
Limp Bizkit's first new album in over a decade is finally here!!!!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:53:23 am by weirdfeline »

« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2022, 07:35:33 pm »
I developed some huge musical taste changes in my life recently so thought of this thread, noticed nobody is posting as much in here.

Does anyone like Green Day or System Of A Down in here?

Anything 21 guns or newer loses it's appeal to me but Dookie and American Idiot were just such perfect pop punk albums and damn near every song has been taking me down a trip of remembering the simpler times. I reccomend holiday, and of course their mainstream songs.

Also system of a down seems to sound different with every song they made, their are no two alike. A very talented singer.

So as someone who mostly listens to pop and rap. That is my shift :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2022, 08:53:28 pm »
So I've gone and picked up quite a few CDs as of late

Alabama Thunderpussy(yes that is the real name of the Band)
-Constellation
-Fulton Hill
-Rise Again
-Staring at the Divine

Cheap Trick
- At Budokan

Clutch
-Blast Tyrant
-Psychic Warfare
-Weathermaker Vault Series

Lovebites
-Glory, Glory to the World