Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35876 times)

Re: Music thread
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2014, 01:30:50 am »
God damn, this is one hell of an album opener, I need to finally get an album from them...

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 08:57:44 pm »
:o Weird Al doing an Actual Cover???

I know he'll play this at concerts if there are technical difficulties, but it's nice to have a clear sounding version of it now. I really like his cover of this song.

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2014, 08:24:42 pm »
Paging @scott:

http://www.coheedandcambria.com/

All aboard the mystery hype train! Will it be a repress of Silent Earth: 3? A first-time pressing of Good Apollo I? The Amory Wars movie? A tour? A new album? I'm pulling my hair out to find out!

htimreimer

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 02:14:53 am »
i love this song and i want to know what you guys think

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2014, 01:18:00 am »
I'm currently liking neon trees, paramore, dave matthews band, the fray, and revis

Warmsignal

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »
I'm currently on a Chevelle kick. I recently picked up La Gargola, and it's a good album. These guys have been so solid over the years, they're really much better than many of their contemporaries and unlike so many bands of the past decade, have remained stable and focused on their art. Somehow they've maintained their contract with a major label when so many others have gotten the boot as of late and went indie.

Anyhow, I have to recommend them. So many good albums from them. They've very accessible and catchy, but also a very talented and interesting band within the scope of the mainstream.

bobster

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2014, 09:35:11 am »
I'm currently on a Chevelle kick. I recently picked up La Gargola, and it's a good album. These guys have been so solid over the years, they're really much better than many of their contemporaries and unlike so many bands of the past decade, have remained stable and focused on their art. Somehow they've maintained their contract with a major label when so many others have gotten the boot as of late and went indie.

Anyhow, I have to recommend them. So many good albums from them. They've very accessible and catchy, but also a very talented and interesting band within the scope of the mainstream.
I haven't listened to them since vena sera, but they're always a good time. I might have to pick up the albums I've missed.

Their one downfall is they're terrible live. I've seem them like 6 times opening for other bands and they tend to disappoint.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

Warmsignal

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2014, 12:55:17 pm »

I haven't listened to them since vena sera, but they're always a good time. I might have to pick up the albums I've missed.

Their one downfall is they're terrible live. I've seem them like 6 times opening for other bands and they tend to disappoint.

I think the main problem is the vocalist isn't so great at multi tasking his vocals and guitar playing. He comes up with really cool riffs and excellent vocals, but his performance of both at once tends to be a bit sloppy. Not always, but sometimes its a bit too rough around the edges.

bobster

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2014, 01:26:58 pm »

I think the main problem is the vocalist isn't so great at multi tasking his vocals and guitar playing. He comes up with really cool riffs and excellent vocals, but his performance of both at once tends to be a bit sloppy. Not always, but sometimes its a bit too rough around the edges.
That sounds about right. My complaint was always the vocals during the shows.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

htimreimer

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2014, 09:07:54 pm »
here is another good song cover from one of my favorite bands,  its not as good as fleetwood mac but it  vary good cover nonetheless

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2014, 09:28:11 pm »
i swear the more I hear this woman's voice the more I believe she might be my favorite singer

Also random Jazz-style Breakdown

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »
I like Chevelle, too. They're not like a top 10 band, but I enjoy them.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »
thanks to a panel at Phoenix Comicon, I'm on a crazy K-Pop kick....

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:13:37 pm by teck »

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2014, 05:16:25 am »
What happens when you mix classic heavy metal with another classic heavy metal singer? MAGIC.

thanks to a panel at Phoenix Comicon, I'm on a crazy K-Pop kick....

Some of this stuff, more J-Pop leaning, is kinda my guilty pleasure lol I hate pop, but asian pop always seems to be a lot more entertaining to me and I really like when it gets mixed with metal or rock like Babymetal or Hatsune Miku in Supercell lol
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:19:37 am by kamikazekeeg »

lastr18

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2014, 01:06:57 am »
digging the music thread here.