Author Topic: Retropalooza!  (Read 1339 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Retropalooza!
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »
If any of y'all are fans of The Game Chasers, they are putting on a Retro Game Expo in Arlington, TX on Sept 28th. I think it's going to be a pretty good time. There are going to be gaming competitions (including a NES Decathlon), raffles, Q&A, and all kinds of shit. So far, 1 other RetrowareTV personality is going to be there. Norm, The Gaming Historian will be wandering around.

If you needed more reason to make the trek, I'll be at my very own vendor booth unloading my doubles and stuff I don't want. Swing by and say what's up.

sin2beta

Re: Retropalooza!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:50:31 pm »
You got my attention with the Game Chasers, my attention piqued with the gaming historian, But, damn it, you convinced me to go with the mention that Turf was going to be there.

Plus, I live tens of miles away. So, why not, eh? I'm in.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 03:10:19 pm »
It's this weekend!  If anyone is within driving distance of Arlington, come on out and buy my doubles!  I've got a boatload of stuff I'm trying to unload.  My master plan is raise enough money to buy a Little Samson.  You need to buy my stuff! 

If anyone is going to be there, make sure you find me.  I'll be at the booth with the shiny gold tablecloths.  You won't be able to miss it.

This thing has gotten big!  There is already talk of next year.  On top of that, next year may be 2 days.  It should be a blast.

soera

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »
I was planning on going but my ride cancelled a couple days ago. :(

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:46:19 pm »
I'll be there and expect several shiny SEGA doubles saved for me to buy.  ;D I'll swing by and say hi.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 09:57:48 pm »
I was planning on going but my ride cancelled a couple days ago. :(

Dude, that sucks. I'm still hoping to make the show in OKC next spring.

I'll be there and expect several shiny SEGA doubles saved for me to buy.  ;D I'll swing by and say hi.

My Sega pile is small, but I do have Captain Silver for the SMS that I saw you didn't have. I'll make sure you get the first look at it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:04:02 am »
Today's the day! Retropalooza is here. I've never done any kind of convention, so this should be an experience. Bad news is, I'm going to miss out on a lot of stuff because I have to man the booth of useless shit. Seriously, come buy my shit so I don't have to haul it the 8 hours home. That little Acura was packed tight.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 10:05:15 pm »
That was awesome. This was my first convention of any, shape, or form. I had a blast. No one had a Little Samson, even though I raised enough to buy one. 
I got to meet our very own Darko. That was cool. It's funny that I talk to you fools, but never see your face.
It was a lot of fun. I would love to do it again.

darko

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 09:52:43 am »
It was a great time! Was nice to see a bunch of people I've met and some I hadn't (including Turf!). I ended up helping one of the RGS guys run his table most of the day since he ended up having a lot of activity. I missed the after party but I hear it was great fun!