Author Topic: Wich youtube chanels do you follow?  (Read 5920 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wich youtube chanels do you follow?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »
I pretty much only follow video game channels. I used to follow certain record labels' channels like Roadrunner and Nuclear Blast, but then they started flooding my feed with stupid advertising crap and I chopped them from the list.

What I follow now:

-331Erock - Not gaming related (well some of it is), but this guy is SERIOUSLY talented and does these absolutely incredible metal covers of pop-culture songs like movie theme songs, T.V. theme songs, video game themes, and popular pop songs. And you can really tell he enjoys doing them, too. I look foward to each and every video he does.

-8-Bit Rob - Very entertaining reviews starring everyone's favorite smart-ass robot, 8-bit R.O.B. I haven't seen a new video from this channel in a very long time, though. I think whoever did these are done with them, now.

-The Angry Video Game Nerd (JamesNintendoNerd) - He gets a little too juvenile at times, but he's still enjoyable to watch. I'm looking foward to the movie, which seems to have been in production forever now.

-Classic Game Room (InecomCompany) - Great classic game reviews from one of the oldest video reviewers on the net and the channel is updated pretty frequently.

-CGR Undertow - A spin-off channel from Classic Game Room, but using different reviewers than Mark from Classic Game Room. Updated daily with new videos.

-G4Icons - The best video game show to ever air on T.V., IMO. A very entertaining and informative documentary-style series on the history of gaming, and on various popular game series or game developers. These are now being released on YouTube in spurts.

-The Irate Gamer - I really like this guy's reviews. Very amusing, and I love the recurring characters he creates. But he REALLY needs to add at least one or 2 new people to his cast and crew, and it would be great if we got more than 3 new ACTUAL episodes a year.

-Turbo Views (spida1a) - TurboGrafx-16, Turbo-CD, and PC-Engine reviews ONLY. This guy REALLY knows his stuff when it comes to these consoles, too. Very informative, and very-well produced reviews.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:01:55 pm by burningdoom »

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »
-The Irate Gamer - I really like this guy's reviews. Very amusing, and I love the recurring characters he creates. But he REALLY needs to add at least one or 2 new people to his cast and crew, and it would be great if we got more than 3 new ACTUAL episodes a year.

... Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone say something positive about this guy. I'm not condemning you for liking him, just surprised.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:49:11 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

htimreimer

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 11:04:13 pm »

... Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone say something positive about this guy. I'm not condemning you for liking him, just surprised.
i like him too, he is not amazing but he not bad

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »

I personally don't care for his videos, (too many factual inaccuracies, and I think the whole "angry reviewer" schtick is beyond overdone. Not to mention I just don't find him funny,) but I don't mind if other people enjoy his stuff. He's not the worst I've seen, that's for sure.

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 11:25:59 pm »
The Irate Gamer still exists?! :o

sin2beta

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 11:29:58 pm »

I personally don't care for his videos, (too many factual inaccuracies, and I think the whole "angry reviewer" schtick is beyond overdone. Not to mention I just don't find him funny,) but I don't mind if other people enjoy his stuff. He's not the worst I've seen, that's for sure.

I think you summed up my view as well. I just watched his star trek review since I had not watched him for years. It's not horrible. But I can sense him trying REALLY hard. But it is something that I will probably go back through and watch his videos sometime when bored. Definitely very watchable and competent. Just not the humor I like. Which may not be saying much considering I laughed really hard at the Hey Ash video.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 12:04:36 am »
It's not horrible. But I can sense him trying REALLY hard.

That's a good point. I actually think that's the main reason why I don't like him or most of the other "angry" reviewers on the internet. They're just trying way too hard, and I think the comedy (what little there usually is of it) suffers as a result. It just reeks of desperation.

EDIT: Unless you mean he's "trying really hard" in the sense that he puts effort into his videos. My reading comprehension isn't up to par right now. If so, feel free to ignore this comment.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:08:11 am by doctorlaudanum »

sin2beta

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 12:07:24 am »
It's not horrible. But I can sense him trying REALLY hard.

That's a good point. I actually think that's the main reason why I don't like him or most of the other "angry" reviewers on the internet. They're just trying way too hard, and I think the comedy (what little there usually is of it) suffers as a result. It just reeks of desperation.

EDIT: Unless you mean he's "trying really hard" in the sense that he puts effort into his videos. My reading comprehension isn't up to par right now. If so, feel free to ignore this comment.

EDIT was not needed. You read it right.

htimreimer

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:04 am »

now a days, he doesn't do much of that angry reviewer stuff, he still dose it but he has moved on to other things

sin2beta

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 01:45:27 am »

now a days, he doesn't do much of that angry reviewer stuff, he still dose it but he has moved on to other things

I do have to say I noticed that in the Star Trek one. He was not being angry. Just trying to make a comedic review.

vancha

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 06:32:31 am »

Why would he be gone? :p He does a video or two each month :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »

Why would he be gone? :p He does a video or two each year :)

FTFY

pacpix

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 02:11:31 pm »
Classic Game Room: This channel made me start watching youtube videos.  Mark is awesome! Recommended Video: Star Wars At-At Review and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011 Review

The Game Chasers/Captain8Bit: This is a pretty cool show, they find a lot of cool games and you can tell they put a lot of work into making the show.

Danooct1: He tests viruses for DOS and older versions of Windows. He just recently reached 20,000 subscribers.  He also does videos with another one of my favorite channels Rogueamp called ampdan1.  They do things like prank call fake Anti Virus companies.

RogueAmp: He tests rogue antiviruses and shows how to remove them.  My personal favorite video is Navasheild (NSFW):
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 03:49:38 pm »

Because he was one of the most despised people on Youtube, that's why. D:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 07:21:15 pm »

Because he was one of the most despised people on Youtube, that's why. D:

Only by juvenile kiddies who had nothing better to do than debate AVGN vs. Irate Gamer. As if we can't have them both.

I don't understand the comparisons, really. There are sooooo many reviewers out there than BLATANTLY copy AVGN. Yet Irate Gamer does his own thing. Yeah, they're both reviewing bad classic games; but for the most part he does his own jokes (and they aren't all dick and fart jokes like AVGN), creates his own reviews, and even creates recurring characters which to my knowledge AVGN hasn't done except for his intro-song guitarist.

I find them both to be different enough, and I seem to be able to watch both. People on YouTube are a little too combative.

Classic Game Room: This channel made me start watching youtube videos.  Mark is awesome! Recommended Video: Star Wars At-At Review and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011 Review

Can I add a recommendation? It's from the original run of Classic Game Room way back in the early 2000s: Seaman for Dreamcast. I cracked the hell up watching that the first time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:23:25 pm by burningdoom »