Author Topic: My Review for The Last of Us (No Spoilers)  (Read 905 times)

darko

My Review for The Last of Us (No Spoilers)
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
Not that anyone needs any convincing at this point, but I decided to take a stab at game reviewing. Feel free to give me some pointers!

http://retrogamersociety.com/this-gen-the-last-of-us/

jobocan

Re: My Review for The Last of Us (No Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »
Just a few points:

1. By the end of the review, I didn't really have any idea if you enjoyed the game or not. Unlike what some people think, a review is all about saying whether you enjoyed a game or not and why that is, and I didn't really get that from your review.
2. Maybe go a bit more in-depth when talking about how the game plays. No need to explain everything in detail, but I like to get a good idea of how a game plays when I read a review for it.
3. As an extension of the previous point, you can go a little bit longer, if only to be a bit more detailed.

Otherwise I think this is a good try, your writing style is enjoyable and fun to read.

Keep it up :D

darko

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:00 pm »
Thanks for the feedback! Honestly, I shouldn't have called it a review...it was supposed to be more of an opinion piece/discussion starter.

madmax

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »
I played it yesterday. All in one sitting, just on normal difficulty. I absolutely loved it. The story left me speechless, it had tons of very intense and emotional parts. Even on normal difficulty, there were some parts where I had almost no ammo, no life and about 5-6 opponents to kill. I had to be very tactical about situations. They game makes you play smart, if you don't, it'll "punish you" and make things harder for you.

Definitely game of the year in my opinion.

scott

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:43:34 pm »
Great write up. I really want to get this game, and I might pick it up a bit down the road. Then slide it in after the Resistance games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread