Author Topic: Disney is getting serious about games...  (Read 1122 times)

sin2beta

Disney is getting serious about games...
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:30:57 am »
Kingdom Hearts, Fantasia (harmonix), castle of illusion, duck tales, acquisition of star wars and marvel games...

I've heard Disney is trying to get back to where Disney games were the thing. So, back to the 8 and 16 bit days. Do you guys think they will succeed. Personally I think it is off to a great start. The only bad move I've really seen is the closure of LucasArts and replacing them with EA. The rest, as much as it surprises me to write this, seems really well done and the developers are well picked. Duck tales stays with capcom, castle of illusion stays with Disney (EDIT: meant SEGA), Fantasia with Harmonix... sweetness!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:51:33 pm by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

Re: Disney is getting serious about games...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:37:37 pm »
I hope they'll succeed. I loved to play Disney games as a kid and I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts and Marvel. I'm not really familiar with LucasArts, but replacing it with EA is indeed a bad move. They'll probably screw up whatever games LucasArts were making, as they did with Dead Space, Simcity, Need for speed...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
I thought Castle of Illusion was a Sega series? So then it's changing hands if Disney has it.

I really hope the DuckTales remake does well. Because I'd be estactic if it led to a new DuckTales game.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:53:42 pm »
I thought Castle of Illusion was a Sega series? So then it's changing hands if Disney has it.

I really hope the DuckTales remake does well. Because I'd be estactic if it led to a new DuckTales game.

It is SEGA. My mind said SEGA but my hands typed Disney for some reason. SEGA is making it now. It looks good too!

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:52:31 am »
They need to remake Quackshot.

I welcome the return of Disney.  They made some truly awesome games back in the day (Chip and Dale, Ducktales, Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion, Quackshot, and Aladdin just to name a few).