Author Topic: v2 Beta bug report thread  (Read 11324 times)

tripredacus

v2 Beta bug report thread
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:50:36 am »
We know that Admins have said that a lot of the site isn't working and is being worked on. I made this thread to post problems that are found, in case we end up finding one that isn't on the Beta to-do list. ;)

Using Firefox, when not logged in and looking at my profile page. By default, the first game (007) is selected and shows up in the info box on the right. If I try to click on a different one, I get a MsgBox that says failure, the a loading animation where the box artwork should be.

Fixed - Matt
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:16:13 pm by matt »

matt

Re: v2 Beta bug report thread
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:17:09 pm »
Looking into now. Thanks for reporting this!

/EDIT annnd fixed.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »
Ok more.

1. Some of the PS4 links on the Browse page go back to the site index.
http://vgcollect.com/browse

Corrected. This was an issue with any category that had 0 items listed in it. I'm going to apply some more polish to it once the other issues are fixed - Matt

2. Individual game entries are returning the (database) IDs for Developer, Publisher, Genre and Rating instead of their text values. Example:
http://vgcollect.com/item/18650
http://vgcollect.com/item/10742
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:42:14 pm by matt »

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:18 pm »
3. When viewing a portion of my collection, there is a drop-down that says Alpha. And has options for Display Type "Pages" and "PagesAlpha" where the second one, only the "Pages" part of the line is a link. Both link to the current page and don't appear to do anything. I suspect this is something that will be implemented later, and if so, hopefully a tutorial for the site will be made in the forum so people know what all these things do.  ;D

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:58:21 pm »
3. When viewing a portion of my collection, there is a drop-down that says Alpha. And has options for Display Type "Pages" and "PagesAlpha" where the second one, only the "Pages" part of the line is a link. Both link to the current page and don't appear to do anything. I suspect this is something that will be implemented later, and if so, hopefully a tutorial for the site will be made in the forum so people know what all these things do.  ;D

I'm going to wait until matt stops hitting the site with a wrench before making a tutorial. :p

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:19:35 pm »
I also have an empty entry at the top of my collection list. Also noticed that on the individual item pages, developer, publisher, and rating all are showing up as numbers, rather than what they should show.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

atariboy

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:43:21 pm »
Things I noticed are when viewing in IE9 I get big black box on top of page, Sorry about the large font but text was getting lost within the images:

Also Under box art where it says Cart/Disc, Box/Case, etc it is jumbled up, Only occuring when using IE9.

Fixed both of these. Damn IE! I also found a bug on the wish list page that i'll post about in a bit. - Matt
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:05:24 pm by matt »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

matt

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 02:41:31 pm »
To keep up on these I'm going to just edit the original posts with my comments.

atariboy

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 03:47:15 pm »
Now I have to reduce screen size cause the box art is way to the right, again only on IE9, DAMN IE9!!: Works fine on FireFox and Chrome.

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »
The "Remember Me" checkbox at login doesn't seem to remember me. I am on my iPhone though, haven't been around a pc to see if that might be the problem.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 05:06:08 pm »
The "Remember Me" checkbox at login doesn't seem to remember me. I am on my iPhone though, haven't been around a pc to see if that might be the problem.
Doesn't work here either. On a PC.

atariboy

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 06:40:36 pm »
Remove item from collection doesn't seem to work either, Tested it on FireFox, Chrome, and IE9 all three do not work.

htimreimer

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »
i get this error everywhere   

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 07:14:21 pm »
whenever I try to go to page 2 on my wishlist it instead goes to page 2 of my collection. there also seems to be no way to remove items on my wishlist

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 01:11:00 am »
Very small thing, probably not at the top of your list of things to do, but thought I'd point it out anyways:

1080 Snowboarding for N64 is now listed as "1080° Snowboarding".