Author Topic: Router issues.  (Read 1220 times)

ffxik

Router issues.
« on: July 29, 2013, 03:31:38 am »
I think it may be time I take the ol'boy out back and put it out of it's misery.  My Belkin N wireless router is either on it's last legs or already went to the big electronics graveyard in, well.  China.

It just droped the connection today just, BAM.  I've tried power cycling.  The reset button doesn't work for some odd reason.  I can get a wired connection through it but forget wireless.   I also cannot navigate to the router page via my browser nor is the start up disc able to actually get anything accomplished.

Well in 4 or maybe 5 years I guess I got my $90 out of it.  I still ain't got the funds to buy a new one so I may be on here very little in the near future.

Maybe someone a little more PC savvy than I can help me out
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:35:11 am by ffxik »

darko

Re: Router issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:02:28 pm »
Try holding in the reset button for 1 minute, keep holding it, unplug it, then let go of the button and plug it back in.

One of my old routers would run out of memory about once a year (no idea why/how) and that was how I got it to clear EVERYTHING out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:04:09 pm by darko »

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:16 pm »
You might want to see if DD-WRT has a firmware update for your router.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

I had problems with just the wireless on my D-Link N router and got it fixed with an update from there.

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 02:08:00 am »
Try holding in the reset button for 1 minute, keep holding it, unplug it, then let go of the button and plug it back in.

One of my old routers would run out of memory about once a year (no idea why/how) and that was how I got it to clear EVERYTHING out.

Didn't work. :(

You might want to see if DD-WRT has a firmware update for your router.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

I had problems with just the wireless on my D-Link N router and got it fixed with an update from there.

My particular router came up as not possible.  F5D8236-4v1.

I can get my wired connection through it.  That maybe because the unit is DoA but allowing a pass through.   I can even run multiple systems off of it wired without too much hassle.  It looks like I'm going to buy another when I get the funds.

I personally don't care.  My wife on the other hand loved the accessibility of her wireless connection.  So either I get it replaced pronto or I get to never hear the end of it.

Good thing I can tune trivial stuff out easily.  ;)

Thanks for the assist guys.   :D

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:10:52 am by ffxik »

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:26:33 pm »
Well if the ethernet part works, at least you'll have a backup or a test router if you ever need it. I kept all my old routers which came in handy when I needed to copy a large amount of data off my old computer.

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 05:23:30 am »
Well if the ethernet part works, at least you'll have a backup or a test router if you ever need it. I kept all my old routers which came in handy when I needed to copy a large amount of data off my old computer.

Never thought of that.   :o

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »
I just naturally hang onto things if I think they have some sort of use.