Author Topic: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 19156 times)

jobocan

Re: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2013, 06:05:29 pm »
Well I did that deal I posted earlier today, got read of that pile of crap Paper Mario: Sticker Star and got Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Wasn't planning on getting Dream Team for a while so that's nice... and I got rid of a bad game in the whole process so I'm not unhappy with that.

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 08:13:14 pm »
Picked up

Tiger Heli - NES
Hoops - NES
Tetris 2 - SNES

All for a buck each.

I also grabbed a Wii from Goodwill for $20 untested. It has the component cable so it was marked untested. I get it home and it suffers from laser death. It works just doesn't play games. I took it apart and cleaned it all up but still get the Eject game and turn off screen. Oh well now I need to figure if I want to replace the laser or "hack and mod" it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »

Looks like I'll be getting my Attitude Era on after I finish Halo Anniversary!

"STONE COLD STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER!!!"

soera

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2013, 10:01:16 pm »
I've never had a Dreamcast before, and I have no games for it yet... but I'll pick up one soon and make sure the console survived the trip through the mail lol

Dreamcast actually is one of the few systems that will play burned games. My guess is you can download some roms and put them on a disk and play away!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2013, 10:12:13 pm »
I've never had a Dreamcast before, and I have no games for it yet... but I'll pick up one soon and make sure the console survived the trip through the mail lol

Dreamcast actually is one of the few systems that will play burned games. My guess is you can download some roms and put them on a disk and play away!

In my experience, you at least had to have a boot-disc to swap-out. It doesn't play burned discs on their own, like a Sega CD.

However I've also heard that using boot disc swap kills the laser on your Dreamcast a lot faster. Dreamcast games are cheap and easy enough to find that I'd rather keep my DC working for a long while.

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »
Depend on some releases, you do not necesserelly need a boot disk to play some burnt iso games. However i tend to agree that in risks to kill you laser.

Dreamcast is a very nice system to collect games.... and the best 128 bits console ever  8)

haloofthesun

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 10:29:31 pm »
I visited 3 local stores today to check out Dreamcast games but out of those stores there was exactly ONE Dreamcast game: Elemental Gimmick Gear and it was $50, so I didn't get it although it is one I'm interested in picking up at some point. Really weird that between 3 stores there was only 1 game though.

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:40 pm »
Had a pretty good weekend, I visited 3 swap meets.  I picked up a stack of PS2 games and Lost Kingdoms for Gamecube.  Tales of Xillia CE for PS3, a new copy of Dragon Quest IX.  I've already completed the game but I'm going to play through on multiplayer now with a friend.  I snagged 3 MM3 mod chips for the PS1, A complete copy of Samurai Shodown for Neo Geo Pocket Color, Shadow of the Beast II for Genesis and 2 Game Gear games.  My favorite pickup was Final Fantasy III for $50, it's only missing the map and in pretty decent condition.

My next pickup needs to be Dragons Crown!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:18:49 pm by varkias »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2013, 11:17:28 pm »
I visited 3 local stores today to check out Dreamcast games but out of those stores there was exactly ONE Dreamcast game: Elemental Gimmick Gear and it was $50, so I didn't get it although it is one I'm interested in picking up at some point. Really weird that between 3 stores there was only 1 game though.

Wow, that's overpriced. I got my copy for $10. I know Dreamcast is harder to come by in some regions. Where are you, by chance?

I'm in Northern California, and Dreamcast stuff is plentiful and cheap around here (barring the rare stuff).

desocietas

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2013, 12:08:21 am »
I'm in Northern California, and Dreamcast stuff is plentiful and cheap around here (barring the rare stuff).

Wait, you're in California, too?  I must've missed that (lost track of the intro thread, unfortunately)...  Thought I was the only one on the west coast besides Foxhack.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

haloofthesun

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2013, 12:14:16 am »

Wow, that's overpriced. I got my copy for $10. I know Dreamcast is harder to come by in some regions. Where are you, by chance?

Southern Indiana/Western Kentucky (Louisville metro area). It's been surprisingly difficult to find anything older than PS2 games in local stores (other than sports games), except for one store I've been to that I don't remember the name of right now which has a decent selection and usually fair prices. I didn't check that store for DC games yet. I'll look later this week, they probably have some.

foxhack

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2013, 12:52:59 am »

Wait, you're in California, too?  I must've missed that (lost track of the intro thread, unfortunately)...  Thought I was the only one on the west coast besides Foxhack.
I'm still stuck in Mexico, silly! :P

Though okay, BAJA California. Still!

sin2beta

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2013, 01:01:55 am »

And Insektmute is in Oregon...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

theflea

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2013, 05:19:11 am »
Found a Craigslist ad for a Super Nintendo and 8 games for $30.
Found out it was in a small town 30 miles away.
So I traveled out there and picked it up.

Picked up the SNES with 2 controllers and all the hook ups with these games.
- Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
- Mega Man X
- Tetris Attack
- Jurassic Park
- Arkanoid
- Frogger
- Lion King
- Super Bases Loaded

Then a stopped at a local Gamestop and found a couple things.
PSP - Hammerin' Hero (brand new sealed)
and the best find...
Wii - Xenoblade Chronicles (Complete and in perfect condition)
was $80 but considering this game has been selling for over $100 lately I had to grab it.

Then I get home and find out then Gamestop is getting in new copies and opening them and selling them as used games to get $80+ for them instead of $40-50. god damn you Gamestop.  >:(
Oh well, least I got a new copy. Even thou Gamestop is scamming us to get an extra $30. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:31:30 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2013, 12:15:17 pm »
First week of August my friend and I head out to a flea market and the very first vendor has a Rule of Rose sitting on top of his other games. I had heard of the game and thought it was worth about $20. He's selling ti for $15. I ask if he'll go down to $10 because he wrote on the case and it had no booklet. He wasn't willing to budge so I passed....While walking away I checked the vgpc price and was happy to buy it at that price.

Next week we pass by a Gun & Pawn shop that we've never seen open since we're only in that direction late or on a Sunday, both of which they're closed on. We walk in and it's nothing but guns and knives. We ask if they have any video games and the guys tells us no. We thank him and have our hand on the door when a kid who had been sweeping says they have some old stuff in a display case that is literally facing the corner. (It was in a very awkward position to see) We check it out, it's mainly a bunch of Sega CD games and NES super common titles. There was some sort of contraption sitting on top of the Genesis games with the only visible item being a Joe Montana Football. I ask him to move the thing so we can see the games. My friend has lost interest because the games were looking pretty bleak. Underneath was 3 more sports games and an Action 52. I ended up getting it for $8. (The contraption he moved was a Sega Power Base Converter, we had an idea of what it did but not how much it cost).

TLDR:
Rule of Rose $15 - No manual, Slight case damage
Action 52 (Genesis) $8 - The sticker is just starting to peel in the upper right hand corner.