Author Topic: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 19993 times)

Re: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2013, 02:57:15 pm »
Finally got it. Cost me 40$ but it is quite rare in my area :0

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:02:51 pm by elraiser »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2013, 03:10:36 pm »
Here's $15 well spent.  My wife and The Boy were in a thrift store.  My 4 year old spots this in a box.  Good Job, Son.

desocietas

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »
I'm in Northern California, and Dreamcast stuff is plentiful and cheap around here (barring the rare stuff).

Wait, you're in California, too?  I must've missed that (lost track of the intro thread, unfortunately)...  Thought I was the only one on the west coast besides Foxhack.

And Insektmute is in Oregon...

Yeah, I knew Foxhack was straddling that border and that one or two folks were up in Washington or Oregon.  Just hadn't heard of anyone in my part of California  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »
Yeah, I knew Foxhack was straddling that border

In before disgaeniac.

On topic, I just got the Humble Origin Bundle. I'm hopeless. :P

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »
Due to the fact I can't find my PSP3000 anywheres for the the past month I picked up a PSP2001 for $20
when I tried it at the place it worked when I got home and tried to play a game I realized the thumbstick wasn't working the characters would just move foward/up no matter what I tried didn't have any problem though with the main menu

other than that for $2 each
N64-Hexen
N64-gameshark
PSP-Daxter
and a Sonic Spinball case/manual

I was also going to also grab Diddy Kong Racing since the guy said all the games were $2 he looks through the stack takes that one out and then says it's $20,he said his resale buddies will pay $15 because it's "Donkey Kong"
Fucking resellers

desocietas

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »

In before disgaeniac.

Oh, I phrased it that way just for you, Foxhack.  I got the Humble Bundle, too, sadly.  Only to add on to Sims 3 and for charity's sake.  Anyone interested in keys for:
Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Ultimate Edition
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Battlefield 3 ?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »
I'm in Northern California, and Dreamcast stuff is plentiful and cheap around here (barring the rare stuff).

Wait, you're in California, too?  I must've missed that (lost track of the intro thread, unfortunately)...  Thought I was the only one on the west coast besides Foxhack.

And Insektmute is in Oregon...

Yeah, I knew Foxhack was straddling that border and that one or two folks were up in Washington or Oregon.  Just hadn't heard of anyone in my part of California  8)

Do you mean "Northern" California, or Central California? The Sacramento area and Bay Area are far different than the rest of Northern California.

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »

In before disgaeniac.

Oh, I phrased it that way just for you, Foxhack.  I got the Humble Bundle, too, sadly.  Only to add on to Sims 3 and for charity's sake.  Anyone interested in keys for:
Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Battlefield 3 ?

Got mine too.It is a steal for that price! :)

jcalder8

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2013, 09:02:26 pm »

Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Mirror's Edge
Medal of Honor
Battlefield 3 ?

Got mine too.It is a steal for that price! :)
Picked this one up also. There are actually some great games here. Now can I add them on Steam and Origin?

foxhack

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2013, 09:43:04 pm »
Picked this one up also. There are actually some great games here. Now can I add them on Steam and Origin?
Battlefield 3, Sims 3 and Dead Space 3 are Origin-only games, the rest have Origin and Steam keys.

desocietas

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »
Do you mean "Northern" California, or Central California? The Sacramento area and Bay Area are far different than the rest of Northern California.

I'm in the bay area, but yah, I know there's definitely a big difference between the various parts of California.  Big differences even between Sacramento and SF.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »
Received a new figure, but one of my other figures is getting annoyed at him already and threatening to shoot him:

It's the Jakobs edition, btw. Had no idea it was out already until I got home and saw that I received it.

desocietas

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2013, 10:56:31 pm »
Received a new figure, but one of my other figures is getting annoyed at him already and threatening to shoot him:

It's the Jakobs edition, btw. Had no idea it was out already until I got home and saw that I received it.

Hahah, nice.  I just got my Jakobs claptrap in the mail this week, too.  Wish I had the space to display it!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2013, 12:18:36 am »

I'm in the bay area, but yah, I know there's definitely a big difference between the various parts of California.  Big differences even between Sacramento and SF.

I'd like to live in the Bay Area. It's a video game and metal music haven. But the wife wants to stay near family. I'm in Redding. I go down for concerts and random stuff here and there, though.

Just a couple months ago I went down to Monterey Bay, and stopped in Mountain View on the way to check out the Computer History Museum. VERY cool place to visit, if you haven't yet. They have a video game section, and they have Space War (the first video game) and Pong set up to play. And of course the computer stuff is very thorough. They even have a PDP-1 on display (the computer that ran Space War, the first video game), that I'm told they get up and running every Sunday (it wasn't Sunday when I went, unfortunately).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:21:42 am by burningdoom »

desocietas

« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2013, 01:42:50 am »

I'd like to live in the Bay Area. It's a video game and metal music haven. But the wife wants to stay near family. I'm in Redding. I go down for concerts and random stuff here and there, though.

Just a couple months ago I went down to Monterey Bay, and stopped in Mountain View on the way to check out the Computer History Museum. VERY cool place to visit, if you haven't yet. They have a video game section, and they have Space War (the first video game) and Pong set up to play. And of course the computer stuff is very thorough. They even have a PDP-1 on display (the computer that ran Space War, the first video game), that I'm told they get up and running every Sunday (it wasn't Sunday when I went, unfortunately).

(Sorry to go OT, everyone else... don't mind us)

Ah yeah, Redding's a bit of a ways away. Haven't been to that museum, but I did go by the Tech Museum a few years back in San Jose when they had a huge videogame exhibit.  Was definitely worth the trip.    I'll have to hit up the CHM next time I head down to Monterey (I go every few months for the aquarium).

For the next time you come by the bay:
I just ran across this spot last night (but didn't get a chance to go inside): http://www.yelp.com/biz/high-scores-arcade-alameda
That, plus the Pacific Pinball Museum (http://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-pinball-museum-alameda)... well, it makes Alameda look like less of a rockabilly island and more like a neat nerd hangout.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas