Author Topic: Any interest in a BlackBerry10 vgcollect app?  (Read 2407 times)

Any interest in a BlackBerry10 vgcollect app?
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:43:07 pm »
Just wondering if I'd be the only one that would love one.  I use the vgcollect website (which rocks by the way!!) on my BlackBerries but quite frankly when I'm in a store looking to see if I already have a game I'd like to buy and I can't get any coverage to check, it sucks :(

The fact that I can't browse my collection offline prompted me to dabble in prototyping a BlackBerry10 app (full disclosure: I work for Blackberry).  I'll be honest I haven't seen what the Android version looks like - my wife uses an android so laziness is my only excuse here.  The prototype is currently using canned json data since according to http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,2237.msg36459.html#msg36459 there is no public API, but in the couple of hours I put into it so far I've got it viewing my collection and wish/sell lists.  Live data with offline caching/browsing would be awesome to add, so I figured maybe if there was enough demand that could happen.

Hopefully it's not too forward of me for just going ahead and doing it.  I'd love to open source it if that was a possibility, or even just give it away to whomever maintains this wonderful site if they want it!

Cheers,
BVP

matt

Re: Any interest in a BlackBerry10 vgcollect app?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:17 am »
The Android app is very lacking at this time. I just simply haven't had time to develop it out but I have been in talks with a few other developers to contribute. As for Blackberry, I don't think we'll see a lot of demand. Most people have been looking for Android or iPhone.

That being said, I wouldn't be against a Blackberry app and would be willing to work with you to pull something together.