Author Topic: Indie developers....  (Read 756 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Indie developers....
« on: August 06, 2013, 01:12:23 am »
Anyone frequenting this place have experience modding or developing themselves~?  I was working on a small project with a couple guys that fell apart almost as soon as it began recently....  I came up with a great idea for a title that we were all excited on, but the work quickly got less and less frequent until they dropped off....  So I'm looking for some feedback on peoples experiences with small indie teams....

Re: Indie developers....
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 06:05:40 pm »
That's been my experience almost exclusively.  I've started work on probably 8-10 projects and finished 1 completely, and maybe 1 other that got close.  I think people vastly underestimate how much time things take, and vastly overestimate how much free time and motivation they are going to have.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:19:46 am »
Yeah, my biggest problem is that even though I am confident in my creativity, writing skills, and coding; I am utterly useless in the art department....  I have been considering just breaking down and making atrocious stick figure art and worrying about it later....

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:06:06 am »
Yeah man, start building what you can.  I would imagine that prospective artists would be more willing to help on a project that already has legs.