Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 6113 times)

tripredacus

Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:04 pm »
Well damnit all of you. Everyone I know it to in real life love the functionality. I know it is really rough but it solves a lot of problems we have with the existing system. Regardless, this is just a side project that may become optional at some point.

Yes I think if some people like it and others don't but you want to implement it, then make it a selectable option in the user profile. Then people can choose to use it or not.

jcalder8

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 02:36:28 pm »
Well damnit all of you. Everyone I know it to in real life love the functionality. I know it is really rough but it solves a lot of problems we have with the existing system. Regardless, this is just a side project that may become optional at some point.
I think making it an option is a good idea because it could be great to use and browse but not look as good in pictures

darko

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 01:18:36 am »
I think I'll have to side with the option side of things on this one. I really dislike how busy it looks TBH. What drew me in originally was the clean look and ease of use that VGC offers.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 02:26:49 am »
I'm in the same boat with Darko about first being drawn to the site because of it's simplicity and straightforward qualities.  I think the alternative images look too Pinterest-y to me.  I can't look at Pinterest - way too much overload.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »
Full is for browsers?

I don't like it. I liked the old shelf-style that never went completely public a lot more.

I should rephrase that questions..."Thoughts from anyone other than Foxy? I know he'll hate it." :)

matt sorry but i have to agree with Foxy, the shelf was cool.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 01:33:16 am »
Yeah...  Shelf was perfect in my opinion....  The new look isn't really bad, but I'm simply the kind of person that likes things like symmetry and even rows and whatnot....

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 08:10:58 pm »
Can't say it's my cup of tea, either. Too reminiscent of what your average tag cloud looks like, which is generally a usability nightmare.

Id rather have a shot of tequila any way!
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:25 pm »
don't like it too much :(
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 05:59:28 pm »
I'm sorry to drill your morale a little bit further into the ground, matt, but even though the design looks nice, I too prefer the shelf. It's just easier to use.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 01:46:47 am »
I'm sorry to drill your morale a little bit further into the ground, matt, but even though the design looks nice, I too prefer the shelf. It's just easier to use.

Well, I'm sure he will not necessarily be disheartened....  I'm sure there are many who will really like that layout, but its just not for everyone....  If nothing else, seeing this feedback will help him prioritize future features....

matt

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 12:07:50 pm »

Well, I'm sure he will not necessarily be disheartened....  I'm sure there are many who will really like that layout, but its just not for everyone....  If nothing else, seeing this feedback will help him prioritize future features....

Exactly. I post stuff for both good and bad feedback so don't feel bad at all. The site was almost entirely shaped by user feedback.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:40 pm »

Exactly. I post stuff for both good and bad feedback so don't feel bad at all. The site was almost entirely shaped by user feedback.

Great~!  I wasn't just rambling made up things this time~!  But, I think you should just go ahead with this layout as an optional thing at some point for some other users that did like it....

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 10:06:14 pm »
I'd like to see a List display as well. No thumbnails, just names. That way you can fit as many entries on the screen at once.

htimreimer

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 11:02:12 pm »
make this an option, this is a good idea for tablets and touch screens