Author Topic: Softmod a Wii  (Read 1259 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Softmod a Wii
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »
Has anyone where tried to softmod a Wii to play "homebrews"?  How did that go?  How computer savvy do I need to be to pull this off? 

haloofthesun

Re: Softmod a Wii
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »
I've done it. It's VERY simple and is incredibly unlikely you will actually do anything that will cause your Wii to malfunction. The trickiest part is making sure you have everything in the right folders and all the folders in the right directories, so it really isn't difficult at all.

However, I did not mod mine to be able to play burned copies of games (except to get around region locking, but I actually legitimately own those games too). If that's what you're after, I'm not sure how the process goes.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:55:17 pm »
I wanted to do it to play roms, to be honest. What method did you use?  I'm leaning toward LetterBomb.

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »
I used it just to play roms too. I did it back when you could still exploit a glitch in Twilight Princess, and then I had to send it to Nintendo for repairs later and they removed all that stuff of course, so then I used the Super Smash Bros. Brawl method which I'm unsure if it still works. If I had to do it again I'd probably go with LetterBomb.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:10:19 pm »
Letterbomb is easy enough, but I recommend grabbing modmii and going that route.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 08:34:31 pm »
The Wii is modded!  No troubles at all.  The it was as easy as could be.  Everyone should do this.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:22 pm »
However, I did not mod mine to be able to play burned copies of games (except to get around region locking, but I actually legitimately own those games too). If that's what you're after, I'm not sure how the process goes.

Have you played any Adult Only Japanese games? like Mad World. they censored it to a mature here in America. 
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー