Author Topic: Nintendo News (more news)  (Read 1979 times)

htimreimer

Nintendo News (more news)
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:15:54 pm »
first piece of news , the wii u will get a $50 price drop beginning on september 20

the legend of zelda: the wind waker HD will be released in the EU and NA on october 4 and there will be a limited edition wii u bundle that comes with a back 32GB wii u with a game pad that will be decorated with gold lettering, a hyrule crest and symbols and it will come with digital copy of the zelda hyrule hstoria book also the digital release will come september 20

the nintendo 2DS will come october 12th for $129.99

Release Dates

wii party u - october 25
watch dogs - november 19
just dance 2014 - october 8
sonic lost world - october 22
rayman legends - september 3
call of duty: ghosts - november 5
skylanders swap force - october 13
super mario 3D world - november 22
assassin’s creed iv: black flag - october 29
donkey kong country: tropical freeze - december 6
scribblenauts unmasked: a dc comics adventure - september 24
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:52:05 pm by htimreimer »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo News
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:42:49 pm »
Is the 2DS yet another DS model? Or is it the 3DS without the 3D feature?

And hell yeah on the Wii U price drop!  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »
Is the 2DS yet another DS model? Or is it the 3DS without the 3D feature?

And hell yeah on the Wii U price drop!  ;D

The 2DS is a 3DS with with no 3D and it doesn't fold.  It's geared toward kids.  I wish they would have come out with this a couple of months ago.  I just bought The Boy a 3DS XL for his birthday. 

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 02:09:58 pm »
I'd get the 2DS if it weren't like some sort of tablet. It looks weird and it doesn't fold! Also almost all those release dates were already known.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 02:26:51 pm »
Ok Nintendo I will not buy a Wii U now I will wait for the price drop, I am sure retailers will love you for this

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »
For the price, I'm all for the 2DS! When I tried a 3DS in the store, I didn't like the 3D effect anyways. It seemed like you had to have the screen at a certain point in front of your face, or else it just looked like a double-image, and that was annoying to me. However I do want to play more than a few games that have come out for it.

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »
Ok Nintendo I will not buy a Wii U now I will wait for the price drop, I am sure retailers will love you for this
you know the wii u will be $100 cheaper then the ps4 and $200 cheaper then the xbox 180

htimreimer

Re: Nintendo News (more news)
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 03:58:30 pm »
there's gonna be limited edition box copy of wind waker HD that comes with ganondorf figurine for $54.99  and it will only be available at game stop

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 08:34:46 am »
Oh, maybe its for persons younger than 6? I thought it was a joke at first.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:56:35 am »
I would seriously consider getting that wiiu zelda bundle if the book and game weren't just downloads.  I have a thing about wanting the physical copy in my hands.

Too bad because I am planning on waiting until the next price drop or finding one cheap on CL to get one, but this would have probably made me pull the trigger on it now.

blipcs76

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 01:28:18 pm »
OK, with Pikmin on store shelves and Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong Country, Mario 3D Land and Watch Dogs all hitting before the end of the year, I may have to finally pick up a Wii U system. 

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 05:46:57 pm »
there's gonna be limited edition box copy of wind waker HD that comes with ganondorf figurine for $54.99  and it will only be available at game stop

Except Gamestop will open them up and sell them used for $199.99 since they'll have no competition.  Thanks Nintendo!

thomascozine

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 01:17:53 am »
While the price drop is more then welcomed I just can't begin to understand the 2DS.

I mean first off the 3D is an option on the 3DS. So, any complaints about it I find silly. Just turn it off if you don't like it. Jeez.

Second, this model is marketed to "kids" but the parental lock on the 3DS permanently disable the 3D. So, then what's the point?

Third, the design is just stupid. It's like a wedge of cheese. I have my suspicions about how comfortable it is. Also, it's not clam-shell. I hate not having a clam shell. Lest we forget again that it's marketed to kids. Hmmm.  ::)

Lastly, the name is just dumb.

But that's just me ranting. :P

jobocan

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 12:11:19 pm »
While the price drop is more then welcomed I just can't begin to understand the 2DS.

I mean first off the 3D is an option on the 3DS. So, any complaints about it I find silly. Just turn it off if you don't like it. Jeez.

Second, this model is marketed to "kids" but the parental lock on the 3DS permanently disable the 3D. So, then what's the point?

Third, the design is just stupid. It's like a wedge of cheese. I have my suspicions about how comfortable it is. Also, it's not clam-shell. I hate not having a clam shell. Lest we forget again that it's marketed to kids. Hmmm.  ::)

Lastly, the name is just dumb.

But that's just me ranting. :P

Well. First, removing the 3D feature makes it cheaper (the 40$ price difference is quite noticeable), which makes it an easier buy for parents who want to get a gaming system to their kids. The lack of a clamshell also makes sense for this... Parents will be more willing to buy a system that is less likely to break because of the weak hinges, thus will probably be less likely to have to buy a replacement, which makes it that much more attractive for parents to buy for their kids.

The name is dumb though, I have no idea what Nintendo's problem is with names right now. They're close to rivaling Microsoft in sheer stupidity when it comes to naming... Close :P

If it's actually comfortable (it's hard to say), if I ever need a replacement 3DS that might be the one I'll go for... I don't think I will though. I mean, I still have the original DS :P

... And I'm happy to see the Wii U getting a price drop, it definitely needed it. Being only 50$ cheaper than the PS4 wasn't a good place to be in, but 100$ less is a bit easier to stomach and, coupled with a bunch of great game releases (Pikmin, W101, Zelda, Sonic, 3D Mario, Donkey Kong) and a bunch of awesome upcoming games (for now: Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros), the Wii U might get out of its current bad state.

soera

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
Im not interested in the 2DS at all. Its silly and worthless (like the GB Micro).

As far as the Wii U, Im torn atm. I think its going to be a good system in the future and with the already price drop, its going to be more likely to sell more. But with the Zelda version coming out, I have no idea which version I would buy!