Author Topic: What are your biggest surprises from this site?  (Read 3004 times)

pacpix

Re: What are your biggest surprises from this site?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »
I've also got to say the community you guys are the best people I've never met

We're all figments of your imagination.

... So I have spent ten hours on these forums talking to myself the whole time?!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »

... So I have spent ten hours on these forums talking to myself the whole time?!

10 hours? More like 10 days!

lol.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 11:57:20 pm »
I guess my biggest surprise is that so many of us are on the same wavelength about certain things. Cave shooters, Megami Tensei, Nippon Ichi, Wizardry, SNK fighters... Doesn't matter what it is, there's always at least one or two people who get really excited about the same stuff that I do. Most other sites, or people I meet here in the city, give me looks like, "What are you talking about???" if I mention anything that's not part of a mainstream franchise.

The other is the collective maturity of people here. We may disagree sometimes, but it's very rare I see people mumbling console war nonsense back and forth, flaming each other, or writing like they don't have a clue. The majority of us know our stuff, and respect each other's knowledge and enthusiasm, which is honestly something that I find so rare, that this is literally the ONLY forum I'm willing to post in. Of any kind.

pacpix

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »

10 hours? More like 10 days!

lol.
Apparently I cannot read very well ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 02:08:07 am »
I guess my biggest surprise is that so many of us are on the same wavelength about certain things. Cave shooters, Megami Tensei, Nippon Ichi, Wizardry, SNK fighters... Doesn't matter what it is, there's always at least one or two people who get really excited about the same stuff that I do. Most other sites, or people I meet here in the city, give me looks like, "What are you talking about???" if I mention anything that's not part of a mainstream franchise.

The other is the collective maturity of people here. We may disagree sometimes, but it's very rare I see people mumbling console war nonsense back and forth, flaming each other, or writing like they don't have a clue. The majority of us know our stuff, and respect each other's knowledge and enthusiasm, which is honestly something that I find so rare, that this is literally the ONLY forum I'm willing to post in. Of any kind.

Looks like this has been most people's experience here....  Maybe I'm just lucky, but I  have never really invested myself in to a gaming community before now so this IS my first time and I apparently struck gold~!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:23 am »
I'm kinda surprised how a fairly open system (in terms of anyone being able to add something) hasn't turned to complete crap.

I'm also surprised a bit at how well forum trading, buying, and selling goes.

All of the above speaks to the community.

This is my thought. But again, it goes to the actual community here. The people that come here and actually interact instead of just posting their collection seem to be all good people and are about the gaming community instead of just out to make a quick buck on someone. I have talked to a lot of people and consider people on here to be an honest friend.

I've gotta agree w/ Soera and say that I, pretty much, think & feel the same :)

Never have I been on another site where just about all of my friends know each other by (*Real*) name; instead of just by anonymous screen-names.

Awesome community members + an attentive & Awesome staff = Pure Win  ;D

Sweet topic, btw!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 11:55:43 pm »
I've gotta agree w/ Soera and say that I, pretty much, think & feel the same :)

Never have I been on another site where just about all of my friends know each other by (*Real*) name; instead of just by anonymous screen-names.

Awesome community members + an attentive & Awesome staff = Pure Win  ;D

Sweet topic, btw!

Makes me want to play online with some peeps....  I was just browsing across the screen names thread and was contemplating dropping my PSN/Steam on there, but since I can't play online there isn't much point right now....  :(

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 02:20:58 am »
2.)  Kimimi has the greatest damn import collection around....  Seriously, check her out~!  She makes me jelly....  I have been following a few collections for a little bit in order to broaden my horizons, but I missed the one that the most up my alley~!  My wishlist is going to grow SOOOOO much now....

*doffs hat*

I'm just the crazy lady who hasn't worked out that games don't have to come in an airmail box with "moonrunes" on them yet :D

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »
2.)  Kimimi has the greatest damn import collection around....  Seriously, check her out~!  She makes me jelly....  I have been following a few collections for a little bit in order to broaden my horizons, but I missed the one that the most up my alley~!  My wishlist is going to grow SOOOOO much now....

*doffs hat*

I'm just the crazy lady who hasn't worked out that games don't have to come in an airmail box with "moonrunes" on them yet :D

Moonspeak is best speak!