Author Topic: X-box One Will Collect Users Kinect Data to Sell to Advertisers  (Read 2685 times)

htimreimer

X-box One Will Collect Users Kinect Data to Sell to Advertisers
« on: October 11, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »
wow, just wow

Re: X-box One Will Collect Users Kinect Data to Sell to Advertisers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 05:13:14 pm »
Or instead of watching videos from overexagersin, you could actually look up what it REALLY is and realize it's something most people are ALREADY doing.

Then again, looking around I have seen a few of his videos on here. Alright sometimes but usually misinterprets things off the deep end.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »
Or instead of watching videos from overexagersin, you could actually look up what it REALLY is and realize it's something most people are ALREADY doing.

Then again, looking around I have seen a few of his videos on here. Alright sometimes but usually misinterprets things off the deep end.
i have a question for you, why should we believe them, they screwed us over multiple times and every time we call them out on there bull shit ,
 they give us the same excuses

they don't care about the customer, they only care about the money 

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 05:30:16 pm »

i have a question for you, why should we believe them, they screwed us over multiple times and every time we call them out on there bull shit ,

I am sure you have examples of this to back up this whole statement. Just like you have an explanation as to why AoS is right in that video when even he did not actually explain how it works or shown he knows how it works.

It seems like you are just listening to the wrong people and then having false information put in as fact in your head. Screw us how? Because they are doing something NUMEROUS other companies do EVERYDAY? Do you know what Kinect is? Do you know that all this is optional WITHIN Kinect? Do you know that Kinect can be DISABLED? Of course not.

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:45:43 pm »

I am sure you have examples of this to back up this whole statement. Just like you have an explanation as to why AoS is right in that video when even he did not actually explain how it works or shown he knows how it works.

It seems like you are just listening to the wrong people and then having false information put in as fact in your head. Screw us how? Because they are doing something NUMEROUS other companies do EVERYDAY? Do you know what Kinect is? Do you know that all this is optional WITHIN Kinect? Do you know that Kinect can be DISABLED? Of course not.
examples of excuses

always on DRM, we did not know that you would not like that
always on kinect, we did not know that you would not like that
no used games, we did not know that you would not like that
kinect Data to sell to advertisers , this was a misprint

a company like microsoft, dose not make this many mistakes and why would they spend the money to go and get a booth for a convention for advertisers if they were not going to do this

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 05:51:58 pm »

examples of excuses

always on DRM, we did not know that you would not like that
always on kinect, we did not know that you would not like that
no used games, we did not know that you would not like that
kinect Data to sell to advertisers , this was a misprint

a company like microsoft, dose not make this many mistakes and why would they spend the money to go and get a booth for a convention for advertisers if they were not going to do this

So again, you just accept what people say without knowing what things actually are.

1.This is something PC gamers use often, and there was a VOCAL (apparently minority) group of people wanting to bring that to consoles. Which explains the 1+ million people in petitions wanting it back.

2. Kinect was never to be always on. Kinect has an off mode. It's also ALWAYS been optional.

3. They were going to make a Used game station for digital downloads. And you can buy used games at certain sections. Again, you are not aware a large group of players actually wanted this or expressed interest in it.

4. You still have no idea what this is, what it means, or how it works, and assume something with no basis.

You have yet to explain number for, you and this guy are turning this into a personal information scare when that's not even what it is, and the fact that does not even make sense. It's the same "personal info" you would get for clicking on certain things or liking certain things on facebook or twiitter and getting a list of similar results for it. I bet you don't count that as personal info.

The irony here is you are attacking MS for so much, but what company are you trusting more? Because if it's Sony you have got to be completely foolish.

soera

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 08:09:56 pm »
Blah blah blah, Im a big Microshaft fanboy

Nice way to join our forums. Xbox none is trash and this is just more proof.

scott

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 08:50:13 pm »
Lets be civil folks.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »
1.This is something PC gamers use often, and there was a VOCAL (apparently minority) group of people wanting to bring that to consoles. Which explains the 1+ million people in petitions wanting it back.
I really do not understand why people want this back.  The other stuff I can partially understand, but this makes no sense to me.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »
Shit like this is why I'm jumping ship on Microsoft. I was early on the original Xbox, and hunted for the 360 when they were scarce; but I'm out. I just want to play games. If Nintendo would just come out with some games...

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 10:52:57 pm »
This has already been debunked in multiple places by Microsoft, and is also apparent in their privacy policy and FAQ. The most widely circulated being here: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=84471421&postcount=1590

That having been said, there is data being collected, locally and remotely, and the PR response from Microsoft makes me believe that while they aren't selling that data to advertisers from the outset, it will likely turn into an "opt-out" situation...

...which is basically the situation with Facebook, Google, and virtually every other large commercial entity.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 11:18:45 pm »
Color me old fashion, but I don't want an internet connected camera staring at me. I don't think anyone will be looking at me, but someone could. I don't like that. I'll just save my $500 and buy more NES games.

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 12:58:47 am »
I have been having a go at people in the comments section of that video. 

It's blown way out of proportion.  Never mind that the kinect is optional.  You can leave it in the box with no real problems.  The point is that Alpha jumped the gun and even linked in the description the article on Destructiod which was later amended.  I will go on to say that I have called him out several times.  He sticks with what he said no matter how misinformed he is.   :-\

90snostalga

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 04:24:00 am »
Color me old fashion, but I don't want an internet connected camera staring at me. I don't think anyone will be looking at me, but someone could. I don't like that. I'll just save my $500 and buy more NES games.

True that!  old skool rocks!!!  But for the record, I do not know too much about the xbox one accept that I do not have plans to get it.  I do not even own a 360.  But I would not get any console with a built camera whether its on or off.   Just for the fact that it is built in sounds insecure to me.  Some one some where, will hack it or look at it or something. 

haloofthesun

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 12:31:46 pm »
I don't care that Microsoft fixed most of the issues with the X1. Or more accurately, I don't care that Microsoft has gone back on everything they said. Some of it has been blown out of proportion, but the fact remains this was going to be a nightmare. I'm not going to support a company so blatantly anti-consumer who is basically saying "We'd screw you so hard if we could get away with it, but you noticed what we were doing."