Author Topic: COD only 720p on XBOX1  (Read 3155 times)

mark1982

Re: COD only 720p on XBOX1
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:23:29 pm »
720p seems to be a trend for Xbone at the moment for their launch lineup except for Ryse which is 900p. However, NBA 2K14 and Forza 5 are stated to be 1080p on Xbone which is great.

Dead Rising 3 is also 720p locked at 30fps. For me it's all about gameplay and artistic style of the game and Dead Rising 3 looks awesome in the latest footage. However it would be nice to game at 1080p at 60fps for future next gen titles... I'll probably get the Xbone somewhere down the line when more exclusives come out. Resolution is not a deal breaker for me though, but I'm definitely gonna grab a PS4 soon after launch.
  l    l 

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 09:50:09 pm »
I feel like this generation will measure standards by resolution and frame rate combos a lot....  It seems to be the hot key point lately that everyone wants to debate....  Don't get me wrong, I want more pixels crammed on my screen and a refresh rate that my eyes can't keep up with, but I was hoping to find more a refreshing capability measuring this generation as oppose to regurgitated vitriolic response for the par....

I think the problem is that people are even looking to argue it. Console wars have always been a thing, but I see this coming gen as more of an ideological war. There were seeds of that being sewn last gen, but now that there's a relative degree of parity across all three platforms, that's really the only thing left to argue. Unlike previous gens though, I think it's a viable argument - if the industry were to push more in the direction of what Microsoft was attempting with the Xbone initially, it represents more than just, "That guy likes Xbox and he is dumb lololol."

Discussing things like framerate, resolution, and so on should always remain the domain of people with multiple systems who're looking to make an educated decision on which version of a game to buy, imo.

htimreimer

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »
its sad that the thing that people are arguing about is the game's resolution and not the fact that the campaign is only 4 to 5 hours long

darko

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 11:55:24 am »
Every game is lacking in one way or another, but generally speaking....

Borderlands 2?

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 07:33:47 pm »
Every game is lacking in one way or another, but generally speaking....

Borderlands 2?

Glitches, graphical tearing, invisible walls, frame rate drops, etc....  Though, that being said, it is still my favorite game this generation....

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »
Unless you have it on PC, in which case you run into none of those issues and get sweet PhysX effects on top of it :D

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »
Unless you have it on PC, in which case you run into none of those issues and get sweet PhysX effects on top of it :D

Even then you can get some issues. I very frequently get stuck in the environment, for example.
I also de-activate PhysX because it gives me fairly high slowdown even though my computer should technically handle it :P

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »
Even then you can get some issues. I very frequently get stuck in the environment, for example.
I also de-activate PhysX because it gives me fairly high slowdown even though my computer should technically handle it :P

Hrm, odd. I haven't run into any of those problems. What kind of rig are you running?

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 02:50:08 am »
So it seems both versions of COD Ghosts are currently running @ 720p with the ps4 version having more frame drops.

reviewers see what they want I guess.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-day-one-patch-makes-call-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:52:09 am by pceslayer »

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »
Thinking more on it, and I wouldn't treat CoD as a great benchmark. Last gen, the series was almost entirely sub-720p, except Black Ops II, and it still drops resolution to cope at certain points. The first Black Ops was so poorly programmed, it was damn near 480p.

It's hard to optimize performance or visuals when a new game is being churned out every single year, and the underlying engine used has only been modestly upgraded over almost a 7 year period. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 12:57:08 am »
Thinking more on it, and I wouldn't treat CoD as a great benchmark. Last gen, the series was almost entirely sub-720p, except Black Ops II, and it still drops resolution to cope at certain points. The first Black Ops was so poorly programmed, it was damn near 480p.

It's hard to optimize performance or visuals when a new game is being churned out every single year, and the underlying engine used has only been modestly upgraded over almost a 7 year period. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

This^